Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Kate Middleton Pics....        (Topic#1580851)
ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

Does this really surprise anyone?

Should she have known better than to think she could have privacy anywhere in the world?

Or do you think its no big deal?

I would love to hear from our English friends, since this is their Future Queen, what does it mean to you?

Im of the no big deal side, eventually it will be back page news, and I think drawing more attention to it will prolong the fervor around it. I think she should be entitled to privacy, but should also understand that she most likely wont get it, and act accordingly. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesnt merit all the buzz being generated. IMHO.

Thoughts?

ETA: KM was photographed in the Solomon Islands with her Hubby sunbathing nude. An Italian tabloid has printed a 26 page spread of the royal boobage, quite to the dismay of the couple.

Edited by ScrappyMama6 on 09-18-12 06:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to ScrappyMama6

My thought is that she should have known better that she has no privacy.

My other thought is that I would never want to be a celebrity/person of power in today's world. I am guilty of keeping up with some celebrity gossip but I don't care what they wear to the gym, that they go grocery shopping, that they don't wear make-up, etc. Within the last year, I have tried to cut back on clicking on celebrity stories.

I'm only one person, but if more would stop clicking on links, maybe there wouldn't the Kardashians or Jersey Shore. (no offense to anyone who may watch, but they drive me crazy, I have NEVER watched)

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to pugs223

There is no longer any privacy in this world. If you don't want everyone to know about it or see it -- DON't DO IT!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-18-12 01:08 PM
In response to ncyankee

I don't think it is right or fair to say If you don't want it out there then don't do it.

I like where Peg seems to be going with her decision to not follow all the gossip etc. If the audience for all of the titillation wasn't there we would possibly see less and less.

To me the big questions are "how much privacy are we willing to give up" and if the majority of us accept not having privacy will the lack of it become a moot point?"

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to GMFTS

I think it is a big deal considering how her mother in law died, being chased by the paps. Yes, her driver was speeding and that was wrong, but when you're constantly swarmed and you just want to be left alone.

I don't know how far away Kate was from the pap that shot her but that's also disturbing. How unsettling is it that she can be anywhere and technically she's not safe. What if that was a sniper instead of a jerk with a really long piece of glass who had a bead on her?

Finally, most of the terroristic must get the shot at any cost paps are an indication of how uncivil our society is becoming. It seems that everyone bleats about their rights and how they have the right to do x,y,z. Yeah, but just because you have the right to do something, doesn't make it right. That's a growing problem.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-18-12 01:29 PM
In response to GMFTS

I have no problem with sunbathing topless or even fully nude, in an appropriate location. Well, aside from the fact that I would burn to a crisp and that's just too much landscape to have to spread sunscreen over But you can't do it and then get upset when people notice. Especially if you're a celebrity, you should know that SOMEONE will see and take a picture. And in her position I think it unseemly for her to have done it at all. So, while I personally don't care in the least, she was just a little stupid.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to stick

I think it wasn't the best decision on her part, but I don't care, and from what I've read it seems like they were on private property with a reasonable expectation of privacy. I couldn't care less if she sunbathes in the nude.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

But it's kind of like... I'm a teacher. It is completely legal for me to get drunk on my own time, but it wouldn't look good if people found out about it since teachers are held to a higher standard in terms of being a role model, etc. You really have to censor yourself more if you're in a position like hers.

But I do think celebrities get hounded way too much by the press.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to ncyankee

I don't care, but I'm not British and she's not my future queen. But I'd say the same thing about the First Lady of the US - big whoop, she's sunbathing topless on private property.

And maybe it's unrealistic, she will always be in the public eye, but I do still think people have some rights to expect reasonable privacy, esp on private property. They may not always get it, but they should have a right to it. Other people's (paparazzi, etc) bad behavior doesn't negate someone's rights. Obviously I'm talking in general principle, not legal, since I don't know anything about that.

Edited by Tina scraps on 09-18-12 02:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Tina scraps

I must live under a rock because I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think too many people make a big deal out of nudity in general.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to kelseymel

If someone came upon your property and did this to you they would be considered a peeping tom, but because she is a public figure and the picture taker was a photographer and just outside the property that makes it okay?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
I don't care, but I'm not British and she's not my future queen. But I'd say the same thing about the First Lady of the US - big whoop, she's sunbathing topless on private property.

And maybe it's unrealistic, she will always be in the public eye, but I do still think people have some rights to expect reasonable privacy, esp on private property. They may not always get it, but they should have a right to it. Other people's (paparazzi, etc) bad behavior doesn't negate someone's rights. Obviously I'm talking in general principle, not legal, since I don't know anything about that.

I totally agree, and you said it much better than I could.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to siameseplease

I'm under a rock too. I have no idea - in fact I had to read the thread here to realize who she was.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Henri Jean

Allegedly... the photographer was a mile away from the house. It was a giant lense. I wonder what we would all think if the government took pics of us (from space)when we think we are are in a safe environment. On the other hand, she is absolutely stunning and is probably quite proud of her boobage. She should get to decide who sees it.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

• Henri Jean Said:
I'm under a rock too. I have no idea - in fact I had to read the thread here to realize who she was.

Say what????

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 950nancy

I don't know why - I thought you were talking about a model with that name. I didn't put the name with her.

After I read through the thread then it dawned on me who she was.

We are in the process right now of taking my son to a hospital in St. Pete to start the ball rolling for his brain surgery. That is where my mind is today. I'm really not concentrating on much of anything else very well.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to 950nancy

• 950nancy Said:
Allegedly... the photographer was a mile away from the house. It was a giant lense. I wonder what we would all think if the government took pics of us (from space)when we think we are are in a safe environment. On the other hand, she is absolutely stunning and is probably quite proud of her boobage. She should get to decide who sees it.

And that's what ticks me off about the photographer. It's not like she was on private property but still in plain view. If the closest you can get is a mile away (or even closer), then I think it's reasonable to expect privacy.

I heard they're taking legal action. I bet it's more about putting their foot down and saying enough is enough than actual embarrassment about the pics. After what happened to Princess Di, I imagine they'd try to get whatever boundaries they can with the press. Can't blame them.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

The press can be so vulgar at times.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen - yes, they can. BUT there wouldn't be the supply without demand...

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scraprabbit

Sarah, that's true, but times have changed and lines have been crossed. I remember going through my grandmother's celebrity magazines. I loved looking at the glamorous celebrities. I was probably ages 7-18. My grandmother didn't have to worry about what I was reading or seeing. These days, you can't hand a celebrity magazine off to a young child.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics