Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Kate Middleton Pics....        (Topic#1580851)
ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Luvmyfam

Henri.... Really?

I thought sure we'd hear a story of how Bill bungled his way past the guards at Buckingham Palace thru a secret door marked "Do Not Enter" (or as he sees it, "Hey Bill, we're waiting for ya"!) and how he met the Queen and had tea with her! Lol! I'm a little disappointed now!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to ScrappyMama6

I think it's disgusting. They weren't in the public eye when the photos were taken, they thought they were safe and alone and it was an invasion on someone's private moment. It's creepy.

People get upset when their house is shown on Google Street Maps, but this is okay? Nah, not in my book. Celebrity or not, no one likes to be photographed unknowingly. Sure you are in the public eye when you have a 'status', but it gets taken a little too far...

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to t-scraps

I read somewhere that on average, you are on camera 7-8 times a day with or without your knowledge. Whether the bank, the grocery store parking lots, stores etc......there seems to be a growing lack of privacy and anonymity.

And that's if you're NOT FAMOUS!

Diva
In response to Luvmyfam

Celbrety or not, you are the right of privacy. That she should be more carefull, yes, but my Lord, these photographer should be punished as well. No right to try to invade every moment of someone else life. Give them a break! I do read the news once, but not follow things like this. Let it go! Move one to more and serious news.

Thanks for the post. It is nice to talk about other things beside scrapbooking!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to bayamonesa1

The thought occurred to me this morning....the timing of all of this is very interesting after the Prince Harry scandal. Then he was shipped off to war WITH the information of what base he is at all over the web.

Haven't seen much on that recently since the photos of Kate came out.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
Henri.... Really?

I thought sure we'd hear a story of how Bill bungled his way past the guards at Buckingham Palace thru a secret door marked "Do Not Enter" (or as he sees it, "Hey Bill, we're waiting for ya"!) and how he met the Queen and had tea with her! Lol! I'm a little disappointed now!

I can totally see a story like that.

Henri - hope everything is ok with your son. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
The thought occurred to me this morning....the timing of all of this is very interesting after the Prince Harry scandal. Then he was shipped off to war WITH the information of what base he is at all over the web.

And wasnt there a Taliban video released where they promised/threatened to kidnap him?

IMHO, I think keeping him in the military places everyone in his troop at great danger, essentially putting a giant bullseye on them. I hope they ALL stay safe.

What an effed up world this is, huh?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
  • pugs223 Said:

And wasnt there a Taliban video released where they promised/threatened to kidnap him?

IMHO, I think keeping him in the military places everyone in his troop at great danger, essentially putting a giant bullseye on them. I hope they ALL stay safe.

What an effed up world this is, huh?

Yes, I 100% agree and can't believe he was sent. The last time he was sent off to war, they got him out of there very quickly because of the dangers. That was WITHOUT a taliban video threatening him.

Majorly effed up world....

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Luvmyfam

a mile??????? the photographer was A MILE AWAY???

my original thought was she "should have known better", but SERIOUSLY?? I'd not KNOW better if I was a MILE away from anyone,,,,,,,

it's flipping ridiculous that someone should be able to take pics of you in the nude from a MILE away,,,on PRIVATE property.

and I agree with Joy,,,what makes this guy any different than a peeping tom? He gets paid??? That makes it WORSE, IMHO.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to CommaHolly

According to this story (which shows how it can be done and what kind of equipment is used), the photographer was between 800 meters and 1.3 km away from her. She was on private property, the pap was on a public footpath. I don't care how public a figure she is and how much she should have known better... that's the type of distance that would have a normal person in jail for stalking if there wasn't a celeb involved. I could get on board with "she should have known better" if she were closer to the pap in question and had a definate less reasonable expectation of privacy (like if she was just inside the balcony where she and Will kissed publicly and the pap caught her standing topless in the shadows.)

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/ho w-paparazzi...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to moxiegirl23

that's what I figured it was, Liz,,,,it never occurred to me that she was that far away! that's ludicrous,,,,IMHO, she had a reasonable expectation of privacy. Geez. thanks for the link!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CommaHolly

Bill was there when Princess Di was killed and was there for the funeral. Didn't plan it but he was a part of it.

He always does seem to be in the middle of things.

And I've yet to see a place that can keep him out. He see's keep out signs as saying, "Welcome Bill". A keep out sign only piques his curiosity.

But no doubt, he would have tea with the queen. Okay - a Pepsi. His beverage of choice. Sometimes a glass of Moscato or Moscato d' Asti at night. And he would not hesitate to ask the queen for some sugar or sweetner for his wine if it wasn't sweet enough for him. Which is almost always.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks Peg. We are still in the hospital - no seizures yet and we are all getting tired.

Bill went out yesterday and bought 5 pounds of chocolates for all the nurses yesterday and I think he has a couple more 5 pound bags for them today.

Joe looks pitiful (posted his picture on my Facebook with him making a pitiful face to get his granny's sympathy and it will work.

Bill is an exciting husband to have it you scrapbook becuase between the travel and the places he gets us into and the people we end up meeting - I never run out of things to scrapbook!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

I think it is a catch 22 for anyone in the spotlight. Yes they should have a life with privacy but unfortunately even behind their own close doors they are not guaranteed there will not be leaks by scorned housekeepers, lovers, etc.

But at the same time, I cannot believe in this day and age, and especially with Princess Di's death, there are not laws in place to protect people from hounding paparazzi. They go too far to make a buck and a name for themselves.

Another reason I have no desire to be in the spotlight.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
Does this really surprise anyone?

Should she have known better than to think she could have privacy anywhere in the world?

Or do you think its no big deal?

I would love to hear from our English friends, since this is their Future Queen, what does it mean to you?

Im of the no big deal side, eventually it will be back page news, and I think drawing more attention to it will prolong the fervor around it. I think she should be entitled to privacy, but should also understand that she most likely wont get it, and act accordingly. But in the grand scheme of things, it doesnt merit all the buzz being generated. IMHO.

Thoughts?

ETA: KM was photographed in the Solomon Islands with her Hubby sunbathing nude. An Italian tabloid has printed a 26 page spread of the royal boobage, quite to the dismay of the couple.

i'm annoyed at the layers of people that had to approve the pics to publish them. why didn't any of them have the decency to say 'no.' and that is just compounded by all the people that buy the magazine. so sad.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to Lamoo12

All had one thing in common. Greed.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Trina_P

Its not the greed that bothers me as much as it is that people buy this stuff. If the demand dried up they would go away but the demand is too strong.

I feel like I'm from another planet sometimes because I am not intrested in celebrity and royalty news. I have plenty of drama around me, I don't need to borrow any else's - no matter how famous.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• Henri Jean Said:
Its not the greed that bothers me as much as it is that people buy this stuff. If the demand dried up they would go away but the demand is too strong.

I feel like I'm from another planet sometimes because I am not intrested in celebrity and royalty news. I have plenty of drama around me, I don't need to borrow any else's - no matter how famous.

AMEN!!!! ^^THIS!!^^

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to scraprabbit

Yep, that too!

I don't have the slightest interest in the celeb gossip carp, hell I don't even have TV-but I thought this was unfortunate to be intruded upon like this. I do think Kate and William are the coolest royals in a very long time. :). And I think they're handling if with grace and dignity.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I would never have known about this if I hadn't read it here! Seriously.

My favorite royal ever was Fergie. I did love her becuase she seemed like so much fun. If we had gone to the same school, I think I would have liked to have been friends with her.

She even made the Queen smile! She had a sense of humor and had fun. She is the one I can imagine sun-bathing topless somewhere and then handling it with humor.

Sometimes I think things have to be handled with humor. In my opinion, she would have done just that in the same or similar situation. I think she would have laughed it off and moved on.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics