Username Post: This deal of the day is gonna kill me yet!        (Topic#1580873)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Between working full-time this week where I'm not busy all the time & having time to browse, SB.com's got 2 orders from me this week! However, I guess it is a good thing I'm working full-time (which I normally don't do) so I have the extra money to spend! Is that not messed up? LOL

Anyway, has anyone bought the new Fiskars ProCision Trimmer that's on sale today for $50 off? There was only one review and it was good, but I was just wondering if anybody else had used it. I guess it's a little too late now, since I've done submitted by order, but just wondering.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to flintridgescrapper

I was wondering the same.
It's pricey but just might be worth it.
I have a trimmer that is a piece of junk. Doesn't even cut a straight line so I just stopped using it! I don't use a trimmer at all. I trace a straight line on whatever I want to cut and them hand cut it. Can't be any worse that my cruddy trimmer!

Edited by Doreena on 09-19-12 09:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

That's what I'm thinking. I have the Making Memories trimmer pictured below, and I like the fact that the blade never needs replacing, but I've had to replace mine about 3 times because either the measurement grids are worn off or I've tried to cut something a little too thick, and it's made the blade wonky. Sometimes it just gets to cutting everything with a distressed edge. MM did send me replacement blades that time though.

So by the time I've replaced it several times, I could get this one, and hopefully, it will do all I need it to. In addition, it will cut real narrow stuff which mine now won't do.
Products Referenced in This Post:

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

For people coming late to this topic - this deal is now sold out and has been replaced with a different deal.

That said, the ridicuolously expensive accessory I want is the KellyCraft laser square. I don't have a place to store it; I don't think I really NEED it (I really like stuff to be lined up perfectly but I do pretty well with my clear ruler), but man that's awesome. I would probably like it even better if any of the reviews were from verified owners.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to aquabunny

Oh, my goodness! I just added this to my wish list. I think that little tool would be the coolest thing ever to have! I can see using it for stamping, lining up pictures and just all kinds of other things.

I was wondering why when I looked up at the top, the trimmer was no longer there. Thanks for the explanation!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Well I guess the trimmer wasn't meant to be...but, the kit they have on sale has been in my shopping cart for about a week now. W/ the discount and shipping I would only pay $35.00 and some change for it. The kit is normally $35.00 so basically it would be like getting free shipping!!! Yikes!! DO I do it??? I bought last month's kit and I just made a purchase on "free shipping" day!!! Ughhh... SB.COM needs to stop! LOL!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics