Username Post: BossKut Gazelle        (Topic#1580875)
New Kid On the Block

I just purchased a gazelle and am struggling to get going. It is hard to watch YouTube videos while you are working to figure it out. It is my first machine. Does anyone know of a store in eastern/central iowa that can actually show me some tips and tricks?
Products Referenced in This Post:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-19-12 11:35 AM
In response to jennifersl

Have you tried the Gazelle forums on the BossKut website? They are very helpful, and the owners will likely even offer to call you directly.

However - what exactly is your problem? Mine worked just fine right out of the box. For some reason it helps if the machine itself is plugged into a USB port on your computer itself (i.e., not on a USB router). Also make certain you have the right software - like do need to get the upgraded driver for Windows 7?

New Kid On the Block
In response to stick

I think it probably works fine. After much ado i did figure out how to cut a shape. I just had trouble getting the computer and the machine to interact. But I am wanting to know how to do specific things, like coloring, etc. I bought Copics markers but the set seems not to fit quite as well as the ones I bought individually, even though they look close in size to the eye. I am just such a "hands on" learner it would be nice to have someone actually show me when I could ask questions! As a novice at this, I am so anxious to get going but feel overwhelmed learning how to get from A to B.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-19-12 11:57 AM

Ah, okay - I don't do the coloring thing, I just like to make my own shapes and cut them out. So satisfying! I love to color by hand with my Copics, but I'm not sure Copics are really the right markers for it anyway, just due to their specific properties, but clearly I'm no expert. Again - I really recommend the Bosskut Forums, whenever I have a question I always get an answer there. (Plus I HATE watching videos, I just want a one or three sentence answer.)

New Kid On the Block
In response to stick

I think I need picture diagrams! LOL! Thanks for your help. I think I am going to look into the Make the Cut program also, since a friend says that one is really user friendly. Otherwise it is mostly user ignorance!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-19-12 12:19 PM

lol I've heard MTC is easy but I've never tried it. I find Funtime easy to use so I've never felt the need to switch. You just need a little time to play with it, I think - have fun!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to stick

Make the Cut is an awesome program and very user friendly. I have it to use with my Cricut and now planning to get a Cameo which is compatible with as well. If you know how to operate a computer, you are halfway there. It's compatible with the Bosskut Gazelle. I really recommend you to join the Make the Cut Forum to watch the videos/tutorials and also ask questions and every Tuesday there is a free webinar with different topics that you can watch or you can ask the owner to demonstrate things for you.

There is also a MTC Yahoo Group and Julie there is amazing. She got lessons with graphics from beginning to Advanced of what you can do with the program and specific cutter and you can print out those lessons and follow at you own pace. Check the links below:

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/MTC_Tuts/

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to GIGIGI30

Go to the Gazelle site, Terri will fix you right up. You need to register as an owner to see the owner's area....she's got lots of tutorials.

Klo also does a LOT of video tutorials for the Pazzles, and the software is basically the same as the Gazelle - I've learned a lot from both of them.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Congrats on your new Gazelle! It is an awesome machine I agree with the above posts. Join the Bosskut forum, contact Terri. I also have some videos on my youtube channel on how to get started if you are interested. Also remember to always have your Gazelle in the same usb port on your computer.

This is the first video and then there are more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5IH2gRJkfU

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics