Username Post: Kiwi Lane Templates        (Topic#1580877)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Does anyone use the Kiwi Lane templates for designing your pages? I just watched a YouTube video on "framing" using their templates. I'm intrigued.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to flintridgescrapper

No, but will they work in a Cuttlebug? -Chris

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 09-19-12 02:45 PM
In response to Juansmom

I have them and use them sometimes. They are really easy to use and excellent for quick designing.

Miracle (LO #7) By Vawm

Happy Halloween 2011 (LO #3-4) By Vawm

Edited by vawm on 09-19-12 03:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to vawm

I have several layouts in my gallery using them. I like them!!!!! Great way to use some patterned paper!!!

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to binkiemonstermom

wow this looks great! I looked at a few more videos and just love how they break down the paper kits. I will definately try this method and see if I can use up my stash! I need more room for paper

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to uruvero

Victoria and Michelle, thank you so much for your examples. I think I may get a few to try out. I also like the photo templates that let you decide where you want them, and then you can place it over your photo to see exactly where you want to trim it.

Chris, they are just plastic design templates. Will not go in the Cuttlebug.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to flintridgescrapper

I got my sets at CKC this summer. I had seen them online before and visited the booth before. For some reason, I passed on them last year but this year, I stopped and got a good deal!! (or at least I thought I did!!). I got three of the border sets and one of the fun borders. One accessory and the photo frames. I want a couple more. I really do enjoy them. I think they make pages very quickly. I wouldn't want to do every layout with them, but they are fun!! I have a bunch of basic grey packs of paper...I mean a bunch!!! These have helped me use up some of my older paper!!!
I do think the photo ones are great! I love that inking the edges will hide any stray pencil marks...but now I need a refill for my ink pad!!!! LOL!!!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Yes, I have a bunch, they also give you inspiration for other items you might have in your stash.

Get the photo templates. I kept passing on them and I finally bought both sets. I am so glad I did. The photo templates have the measurement on them. Being cutting challenged, I used my gypsy/cricut plugged in the photo template dimensions, make sure you keep it on "Real Dial size" put your paper in and it cuts your mats while you work on other parts of your layout. Love it!

I also started to feel more comfortable mixing stronger patterns, using up older stash and just being able to be more creative.

Here a couple of layouts I did with the border templates and wacky set:

This reminds me I need to upload some of my completed layouts. I don't think you can go wrong with a purchase from them.

bersie 
New Kid On the Block
In response to jaxxan

I have some and them are easy to use and help to make really great layouts.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to bersie

They are easy to use. I figured the fussy cutting would get on my nerves but it doesn't. And since you are inking up the edges, it is forgiving! And you get some practice on fussy cutting!!!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb

I have a few sets and like them.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to prittb

Back to School By Scrappin 2

Here is the one I did with part of my Kiwi Lane product. You could just do it without their pattern. But it is nice to have. Someone said that they wouldn't want to use it all the time, and I am with them. However for those times when the mojo has left, it is a good thing to have.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to scrappin 2

Thanks for sharing. I think I will be ordering!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics