Username Post: Just got a Cinch - questions.....        (Topic#1580887)
New Kid On the Block

I finally got a Cinch for my b-day today, and have 2 questions about "bound" projects. First, I think the covers are made out of chipboard? Well, how do you decorate them? Do you "glue" scrapbook paper to the chipboard? How do you do it? In othr words, I'm a cardmaker, and just dot glue on pieces to attach, but for a cover, the entire paper would have to be covered? Otherwise it could catch and rip off. Second, what are other ideas for binding a book, other than the wires? I hope my questions are clear, and someone can help me. Thank you, Deb

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to betlfan64

I just got one myself but haven't used it either! I did use it at a some classes I took though.

There are two different types of wires sold for the machine: the regular wires and the spiral wires. You could also run ribbon or twine through the holes, or if you use fewer holes, you can put rings in them and then decorate the rings with ribbon.

Watch Me Grow Mini - Cover By Provinca

Breast Cancer Mini - cover page By Provinca

Autumn Mini By ScrappinKate

Although there's never really and "right" or "wrong" way to do it, if you want the entire front cover to have paper on it, you would adhere the paper to the cover (chipboard or whatever you're using) before you punch the holes in it. Also, if you're coloring the cover (paints, mists, etc.) you'd do that before you punch the holes as well.

Was that confusing???

Edited by provinca on 09-20-12 06:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to provinca

I too am primarily a cardmaker and Cinch owner. I've used my ATG to adhere paper to chipboard before punching. But I prefer to use a thin layer of liquid glue applied with a foam brush so I know the entire surface is covered. It keeps me from being concerned about corners or sections lifting off later. I also like the spiral binding better, but that's just a personal preference, not because of anything specific...

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to traceyjean

I got a cinch recently too. When I squeeze the spiral wire closed, it doesn't always work. What am I doing wrong ?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to 4tgrfans

Sounds like you don't have the binding pad set at the right number. For example if you are crimping a 1 inch wire you need your little knob set at 1 inch. Also face the opening on the wire to the back of the machine. I hope that makes sense if it doesn't yell and I'll do a quick video.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Sneezy1956

I have a cinch and i love it, however, if you watch some of the videos on YT ,like i did, you'll learn a whole lot of neat things about it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cescrapper

you also need to get your face right down into the wire while binding and make sure that the two parts of the O-wire juuuuuuusttttttt meet, then stop.

New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

Thank you, thank you to everyone for the info. I'm so excited to start a project!! But first, I think I'll check out youtube. Debbie

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics