Username Post: just starting out        (Topic#1580903)
New Kid On the Block

just got married and I want to make a scrap book of our beautiful day but I dont know what type of book to start with, any suggestions would be much appreciated....

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to magnolia50

I love K&Company Smash books... There is one for Wedding....
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by debby_westbrook on 09-20-12 05:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to debby_westbrook

Go to michaels of Joanns or similar store and look for a wedding album kit, should have all you need in one kit. This is a nice easy way to start, and see if you like scrapbooking. We here can't imagine you wouldnt like it! Pop in your photos, embellish, and show off. As you continue, you can branch off with different papers, techniques, etc! Enjoy!! -Chris

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Juansmom

I started out that way, Chris! I got kits and made pages for my sister's wedding album. It developed into what it is today! Go for the kits, they give you the supplies you need to create the layouts they suggest for you. You can make changes where you see fit and that gets your creativity going so you can start doing layouts on your own. I still love kits, though, so easy to coordinate!

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to katiemylady

Welcome to scrapbooking! I started out with a disney trip and that is what started it all! There are so many great artists on here also and look at them for inspiration. One thing I learned is that some pages may take ahwile and some may be quick but dont get frustrated! Good luck a wedding is such a fun thing to scrap!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to magnolia50

Welcome and congrats on your marriage. It will be a fun theme for your first album.~Judy

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to mrsdriver5

I have a suggestion, do your first album with copies of the original so if you don't like it, you can redo it later. I have digital copies of all of my pics, so when I want to do something, I run off a pic and make my page.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Lunareclipse

Welcome and Congrats!!! Have fun with your scrapbook! Sketches are a great way to do that!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to binkiemonstermom

Congratulations on your marriage! Here is another plug for Creative Memories. They have a great album and coordinating papers for wedding albums. Geezzz you would think I am a creative memories consultant with the way I plug them. You can order online from them and have the products shipped to you.

Diva
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Pre made kits are good so you don't have to woryy about matching things and papers, etc. Stores like MIchael, JoAnn or Hobby Lobby will have kits with the album as well. Right now they are 40% at MIchaels!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

Just a thought - do you have pictures of when you were dating and other pictures to make into an album?

I would start with that so you can see what your style is and what is comfortable for you. Also, you will have more confidence starting your wedding album. And you will have a better feel for what you like if you "practice" on something else.

For me, I could not have jumped in with my wedding album as my first scrapbook. I had to "work up to it".

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Just a thought - do you have pictures of when you were dating and other pictures to make into an album?

I would start with that so you can see what your style is and what is comfortable for you. Also, you will have more confidence starting your wedding album. And you will have a better feel for what you like if you "practice" on something else.

For me, I could not have jumped in with my wedding album as my first scrapbook. I had to "work up to it".

That's the reason I still haven't done my wedding album, six years later. Still perfecting my style!!

Diva
In response to fknapoleon

Gret idea about adding photos of the dating time, etc. Funny about still working on the style! Sounds like me!

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 10-16-12 06:07 PM
In response to bayamonesa1

When I started scraping I liked to buy kits. You can find ones with an album included and all of the embellishments, papers, stickers and die cuts you'll need. They are easy to find, try Michaels or even Walmart. You can also find some really awesome items at the dollar store. Have fun scraping!

max28
max28 
Tenant
max28
  • max28 on 12-11-12 09:59 AM
In response to KDQ

Welcome to the forum! A marriage is the perfect occasion to start scrapbooking! How about something like a timeline showing events from your first date until the day you married?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics