Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Albums        (Topic#1580911)
thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

I have been scrapping for over 10 years now but I have only been using creative memories albums. I am wondering if I should branch out and try a different album. If I do branch out what would be your suggestions for albums to try?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I prefer the 3 ring albums because they're super easy and you can put a lot of thick pages in them.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Here Kitty

I like post-bound albums by Colorbok (but NOT their "Perfect Scrapbook" line), and I'm getting into three-ring albums. I definitely anti-recommend post-bound albums by Pioneer.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to aquabunny

I have tried post bound albums once before and I am not a fan of them. I am curious about the 3 ring binders but what if I dont have a ton of heavy pages are my pages going to be just flopping around in the album?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

No, they work fine for pages of normal thickness.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to aquabunny

I love three ring binders. I refuse to use anything else!!! I detest putting together post books!!! I scrap out of order so putting my pictures in my books is SUPER easy in a three ring binder!! I can move them all around until I have them the way I need them!!!

Expert
In response to binkiemonstermom

I too used to only use Creative Memories albums. I am beginning to really love 3 ring binders - or D ring binders.
I am starting to make more "bulky" layouts so these fit perfect into the 3 ring binders!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

We are Memory Keepers 3 ring binders and page protectors. They take my over embellished pages with no problem and never have I had one fall open or fall apart....I only use them!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I haven't got into three ring yet, but, I can certainly see the advantages. I think it reminds me too much of my job......

I use post bound, I just like the way it looks. But I also buy and album for the outside design and even altered one.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to CrimsonMama

Another vote for post bound (with snap load)

teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh
In response to Kim222

I just started scrapbooking, but I really like the Pioneer snap load albums that are expandable. The snapload system is already in place, so you don't need to buy the extra kit. Woohoo for saving a few bucks! They supposedly can hold up to 300 pages, but I haven't tested it to that extent yet!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to teenuh

I need to look at snap load, sounds wonderful. I picked a really cute album cover K&Co to do a book for my mom (small) and discovered it is 8.5 x 8.5 instead of 8x8. I was not happy, but kept it because of the cover! It made the whole thing be a lot more work, and of course then I had to buy that size extra protectors.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to CrimsonMama

I love my We R Memory Kepers for my kiddos albums. I like all the room it allows for.

However, for my travel and special occasion albums, I prefer post bound albums. My travel albums are smaller so I don't need to fit 100 pages in a single album. I just need the ten or fifteen pages for the event and I'm done.

I think it all depends on how much room you need!

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'

I have been using Creative Memories albums since I started scrapbooking. I still love them and probably will continue to use them. I love the quality, variety of colors and the limited addition albums. However, my pages are not bulky and I can really see where the 3 ring or D ring albums would be great for the gorgeous 3d pages!!! That is what is so great about this craft, you can really do what makes YOU happy! If you do try another style, let us know how you like it!

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to mj scrappin'

i too use the creative memories albums and love them. When i was obsessively searching for bargains at Big Lots i bought a number of post bound albums. But i ended up not using them. I love that the CM albums will lay flat and i have made some pretty chunky albums with them. Im not sure that i have seen the D ring albums. What sort of pages do you use with them?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

Do you mean what sort of page protectors, or what sort of pages? I scrap fairly flat but I still used a D-ring to hold a 60-page travel album that would have been ridiculous in a post-bound.

Expert
In response to aquabunny

What about CTMH albums? Anyone use them?

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to deedee49

I prefer the 3 ring (D ring) to the post bound. 3 ring holds a 2-3" stack of pages more securely than using multiple posts and extenders. I have a problem finding 3 ring 8.5 x 11 (other than Hobby)Most 3 ring notebooks are not wide enough for the transparencies. (Our small town doesn't have a LSS and I have never ordered online).

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to wilbur

• wilbur Said:
I have a problem finding 3 ring 8.5 x 11 (other than Hobby)Most 3 ring notebooks are not wide enough for the transparencies.

Are the page protectors for 8.5 x 11 scrapbook albums for some reason wider at the binding edge than regular 8.5 x 11 page protectors like you would get at an office supply store? Because if they aren't I don't see any reason why someone who does 8.5 x 11 couldn't use and redecorate three-ring binders from office supply stores. Those come in all different spine widths. (And really, even if the scrapbook-specific page protectors for 8.5 x 11 are sized slightly differently, I don't see a reason why one couldn't just use the office-supply ones instead, they come in multiple finishes and are often marketed as being archival-safe.)

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to aquabunny

Hi AquaBunny. Yes some of the transparancies are wider at the binding edge. The old brand Hobby sold, century I think, fit well. Some of the other brands are wider at the "hole side". I have found a few wide style albums at an office supply store. I always measure because the size of 8.5 x 11 albums varies so much. The wide notebooks I have found at the office supply are more expensive than regular notebooks but I buy one at a time and will get my stash.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics