Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Monthly kits?        (Topic#1580921)
ESS
ESS 
Tenant
ESS
  • ESS on 09-20-12 10:29 AM

Does anyone still get a monthly kit subscription? I really need some suggestions.

Edited by ESS on 09-20-12 10:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-20-12 10:31 AM
In response to ESS

I don't and never have but why not try the ones here at sb.com?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to ESS

ScrapbookCircle
Scraptastic
The one here at SB.COM

ESS
ESS 
Tenant
ESS
  • ESS on 09-20-12 10:52 AM
In response to Doreena

I'm trying to find one that does a great job with embellishments as well.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to ESS

I always found that ScrapbookCircle had too many embellishments!LOL! Not really a bad thing, actually a really good thing. But if you don't use a lot of embellishments, it may be bad because then you have lots of leftover items.
I was a member for over a year and I still have lots of stuff from their kits I haven't gotten around to using! Not because I don't like the stuff, just that they give you sooo much that unless you use a lot on a page, you can't possibly use it all at once. Especially if you're getting a new kit every month! I loved their kits but had to stop when I took an hiatus from scrapping due to family issues.

Oh and they offer lots of paper too! It's not like they're are short on paper and fill their kits up w/ just embellishments!

I can post a few layouts if you want to see some of their past kits in action. Or you can just go visit their website.

I just bought last month's SB.COm kit and I really liked it a lot! I will def be buying more!

Edited by Doreena on 09-20-12 11:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ESS
ESS 
Tenant
ESS
  • ESS on 09-20-12 11:09 AM
In response to Doreena

I can't seem to find SB.com 's kits?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to ESS

in the search box type "Scrapbook.com kits"

Here is a link http://store.scrapbook.com/brand/scrapbook+com+k it+club...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I bought last month's - their Pencil Lead kit.
I signed up for their e-mails so I know when the new one is avaialable. Right now they have a coupon for a $5 of their current kit.
I will most likely buy it. It's in my shopping cart right now and the $5 off equals out to practically free shipping for me!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Doreena

I get two. I get Scraptastic Club and The Sampler Kit Club. They are both AMAZING!

phamil
phamil 
Governor
phamil
In response to Heather J. Landry

Swirlydoos is the best out there!!! You can check there!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to phamil

I'm primarily a cardmaker, so I get the monthly card kit from Simon Says Stamp. I do like the look of the scrapbook.com kits and would probably get them if I still scrapbooked. However, I don't buy/use 12x12 so it's not worth it for me. I sometimes wish they had a 6x6 cardmaking version as well (with 8 1/2x11 cardstock of course).
Products Referenced in This Post:

Diva
In response to traceyjean

I have never used them and I was not aware that this SB.com had them. I would have to check it out.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to bayamonesa1

I was in one and loved it and another. If you want to know the names I will pm them to you , as SB.com gets made when you post even kit club names at times. The one I was in all the time has two sizes to pick from and also a card kit club. I am a consultant for another company and they have a monthly kit and it is alway loaded with plenty of goodies.

Leeza701
New Kid On the Block
Leeza701
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I get S.E.I. Scrapbook Kits & my Sister does the Card Making ones. Their papers are amazingly beautiful & their embelishments are pretty. Worth every $$.

New Kid On the Block
In response to ESS

On this same line, I've been scrapbooking but I'm still so new to all this. I ordered a kit from sb.com and where do you find the instructions on what layouts to do? I realize many of you are ├╝ber creative, but I got the kits to get new ideas. Are the instructions somewhere? Am I just supposed to look at other people's layouts? That's like stealing, right?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks! Shawn

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to shawnandjeremy

That's not stealing....it is called scraplifting or casing!!! Totally fine!!!!

I am not sure but the new Stampin' Up kits comes with instructions. (you can look at my blog for details if you are interested).

I would think they should have some sort of picture or directions???

New Kid On the Block
In response to binkiemonstermom

Thanks Michelle!

I ordered a kit from a couple (it's expensive I know, but I want to choose the right one). It seems like this site is all encompassing, and I thought I'd find a list somewhere, but I can understand why they don't want to put other company's products on here.

I ordered one from scrap room dot com and I got the kit in 4 neat little packets. But again, what do I do with them? Until I sat and READ the directions and you put in this code on their website and VOILA!! Instructions!!! I tell my kids to read the instructions first and I don't do it either!!! HA HA HA!!!

I put in a request to this site to see about the instructions. I'll post what answer I get. I got the robo reply email but no response as of yet.

I ordered the Simon says stamp one which looked cool. I also did the SEI one someone mentioned, but haven't received anything yet. I'll have to try the one you mentioned.

For us design challenged people, I tend to do the same layouts over and over. So that's why I was looking for some new ideas.

Thanks!
Shawn

New Kid On the Block

I did get a reply. Bottom line is if you're in need of instructions, this kit may not be for you. Here it is:

Hi Shawn! Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to say, our monthly kits do not include page instructions.
I do apologize for the inconvenience.
However, I am including a link to example layouts from our gallery users for Mid Century Vintage kit below:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=searchs ku&sk...

I do hope this information helps. Let me know.

Have a very wonderful day!
Thank you so much for your business, and please feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Thank you,

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

hmmmm......maybe you can pass on that kit until you feel more comfortable creating.
Good luck, can't wait to see your creations!

New Kid On the Block
In response to ESS

Annie's has kits for beading and papercrafting,like making cards,etc.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics