Username Post: What's it called when...        (Topic#1580925)
Booknook200
Expert
Booknook200

you make a hole in the center of your paper? I want to scrap a picture of my son peeking over a chair with daddy holding his baby brother, and I want the picture in the center, but behind the paper, with the paper either torn or cut open and folded back. No clue how to do this and I can't figure out how to search it for a video or how to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A step by step would be awesome! (or a dummies guide, too)

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-20-12 11:53 AM
In response to Booknook200

So it sounds like you're using the whole paper as a frame. I'd mark - on the back side of your paper - where you want the pic to be, then mark what you want to cut out (which will obviously be a smaller size than your pic), then using scissors or an Xacto knife cut it out. I would absolutely do this first and make sure it's the way you want it before adhering anything to your paper, in case you have to redo it.

Edited by stick on 09-20-12 11:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to stick

You could also draw a square/circle/whatever shape opening you want in the center of your page (or wherever you want the window to be), then slice an X inside that shape using a craft knife. You can then use a pen, pencil etc to curl back the cut pieces of the X and roll them back.

Is that clear as mud?!

Edited by Kim222 on 09-20-12 11:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Booknook200
Expert
Booknook200
In response to Kim222

Thank you ladies! I'm trying it out now, so far gone through 3 pieces of scraps, lol. But it is sorta turning out how I want it, I'll just keep playing, thanks!

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to Booknook200

Thats the spirit ... keep trying. If your cut out shape is a bit wonky just distress the edges and ink them. Or just peel back until you get what you want. Its all learning... and sometimes practice ! Have fun with it and I'll keep an eye out for he finished product. Angela

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics