Username Post: flowers        (Topic#1580929)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

My mother gave me a big bag full of silk flowers. Can I use them for my scrapbooking? There are some really cute roses in that bag that I just adore. If I use them for my scrapbooking, is there anything I would have to be careful of and what do I use to adhere them to my work, a gluegun?

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Lunareclipse

I use silk flowers quite often on my pages. You can simply attach them with a brad through the centre if they are flat, I use Mono glue to glue any 3D type flowers down. I sometimes will glue flat ones down and add a pearl, bead, rhinestone or button to the centre. Good luck and have fun.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to SandraB.

I just wonder if in time if they would fade?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Cindyckj

I've had "silk" flowers in arrangements forever that have not faded so I'd think in a protected album they'd be fine.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to NMlady

Cool!

I know in direct sunlight it doesn't take too long for them to fade.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Cindyckj

My Lovely Ladies By CommaHolly
Best Man By CommaHolly
Rose Princess By CommaHolly

I've used them many times, although I find them very bulky and hard to keep in a regular album,,,of course, I used large ones,,,,the flatter ones fit just fine. The larger ones (like the last LO) I have in shadow boxes.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Lunareclipse

just as an idea - if you find them too bulky to use, take them apart! they are layered too, so you can use the petals separately and add a little center for the finishing touch.
And now that i'm thinking, i have a bunch or two of silk flowers that i don't use for decoration anymore.. hmmmm))

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
Cool!

Lots of stuff will fade in direct sunlight - even scrapbook paper, photos and embellies.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to tinacome

I always look for silk flowers on sale or at the dollar stores that can be taken apart and relayered on my pages....so much cheaper than buying the flowers in packages. (Although I will fess up to an absolute addiction to Prima flowers...LOL!!) With a rhinestone or pearl brad for the center....really pretty. I have found hydrangeas in lovely colors, lilacs too. One bunch usually is enough to share with my scrapping friends and plenty for me.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to tinacome

• tinacome Said:
  • Cindyckj Said:
Cool!

Lots of stuff will fade in direct sunlight - even scrapbook paper, photos and embellies.

And some furniture! Which is why our living room set was sent to live in the den

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to bigredssw

• bigredssw Said:
I always look for silk flowers on sale or at the dollar stores that can be taken apart and relayered on my pages....so much cheaper than buying the flowers in packages. (Although I will fess up to an absolute addiction to Prima flowers...LOL!!) With a rhinestone or pearl brad for the center....really pretty. I have found hydrangeas in lovely colors, lilacs too. One bunch usually is enough to share with my scrapping friends and plenty for me.

What she said

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
My Lovely Ladies By CommaHolly
Best Man By CommaHolly
Rose Princess By CommaHolly

I've used them many times, although I find them very bulky and hard to keep in a regular album,,,of course, I used large ones,,,,the flatter ones fit just fine. The larger ones (like the last LO) I have in shadow boxes.

These are very gorgeous.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to bigredssw

• bigredssw Said:

I picked up even more silk flowers at the Salvation Army today. A very large bag for 1.99. I can't wait to make some layouts with them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics