Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Collection packs not always a better deal        (Topic#1580937)
Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas

In a hurry to take advantage of free shipping (it was 10:30 last night when I placed my order), I didn't really check this until now...

Anyway, I had ordered a couple of collection packs because I was too lazy to order the items separately. I just realized that on one of the packs, if the items were ordered separately it would have been actually cheaper. And I wouldn't have ended up with 2 sheets of the same paper (I usually only get 1 of each pattern). In my case it was the Jillibean soup County Pumpkin Chowder collection.

Anyway, no biggie - just thought it was strange as I'd always thought that you would get some sort of discount for buying an entire collection, LOL.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-12 06:45 AM
In response to Mama2Thomas

I didn't know it was free shipping...I got an email 2 days ago mentioning the free pass but never saw anything - and I kept checking all day.
I am bummed.

But my bank account will thank me.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
I didn't know it was free shipping...I got an email 2 days ago mentioning the free pass but never saw anything - and I kept checking all day.
I am bummed.

Yeah I didn't see it either!!! Boooooooooo!!!!!!!!! I have stuff in my shopping cart just waiting for that day!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• Mama2Thomas Said:
In a hurry to take advantage of free shipping (it was 10:30 last night when I placed my order), I didn't really check this until now...

Anyway, I had ordered a couple of collection packs because I was too lazy to order the items separately. I just realized that on one of the packs, if the items were ordered separately it would have been actually cheaper. And I wouldn't have ended up with 2 sheets of the same paper (I usually only get 1 of each pattern). In my case it was the Jillibean soup County Pumpkin Chowder collection.

Anyway, no biggie - just thought it was strange as I'd always thought that you would get some sort of discount for buying an entire collection, LOL.

Yeah that is weird...I though buying in bulk = cheaper!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Doreena

I don't buy in bulk unless it's all one thing....like all kraft or white cardstock. Sometimes the bulk packages really are more expensive, like in this case!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Oh No they are not a good deal if you like to have more than one sheet of each paper for each design. In fact it annoys me that they don't put two sheets of each design in the pack.

I alway buy 4 sheets of each pp collection that I love since I have two boys, even when I buy the embellishments I still come out ahead. I do the math every time.

Yeah for you getting your order in for free shipping.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:
Oh No they are not a good deal if you like to have more than one sheet of each paper for each design. In fact it annoys me that they don't put two sheets of each design in the pack.

Actually, I think the OP was saying that the collection DID come with 2 pieces of each paper and she didn't want 2 pieces.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to tinacome

Well, if you're looking to rid yourself of those extra unwanted sheets I'll give you my address.

I LOVE Jillibean Soup!
Products Referenced in This Post:

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to kelseymel

Wow I can't believe!! I really thought that buying that way was always the best way to go!! Thanks for pointing that out. I just did the math if you order all of it separately you would have saved 7%... lol

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
I am bummed.

Think it was a facebook special.

If it makes you feel any better (probably not ) I don't have facebook, so I didn't get free shipping either.

I'm sure one will be along here soon, though!! Just gives you more time to fill your carts

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-21-12 08:15 AM
In response to simplycrafty

That's crazy! I thought the whole marketing concept of a package was that it was a little cheaper than buying the pieces individually so you'd be tempted to buy it. Whereas if you're buying individual pieces then you'd probably only get the ones you really want and quite likely not the entire collection.

Oh - and the free shipping was a facebook coupon. I think there was a Twitter coupon a while ago. Maybe they'll do one on Pinterest one of these days, who knows. So - they come from all over, but people usually mention them on the boards here.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-12 08:15 AM
In response to jaxxan

• jaxxan Said:

I alway buy 4 sheets of each pp collection that I love since I have two boys, even when I buy the embellishments I still come out ahead. I do the math every time.

Yeah for you getting your order in for free shipping.

Some companies do two of each paper/ some don't.
Basic Grey does just one of each but you get a lot of sheets
Kaisercraft does two.

I find that if I want just paper it is better to buy the individual sheets. If I want the extras then I might get the pack but usually I don't want all of that.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Oh - and the free shipping was a facebook coupon. I think there was a Twitter coupon a while ago. Maybe they'll do one on Pinterest one of these days, who knows. So - they come from all over, but people usually mention them on the boards here.

And there are usually people willing the share the code via PM.

I can't think of a paper collection where I actually liked and would have used every single patterned paper design, so I'm likelier to just not buy the pack to begin with and just get the individual sheets and embellishment packs I want.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-12 08:42 AM
In response to stick

• stick Said:
That's crazy! I thought the whole marketing concept of a package was that it was a little cheaper than buying the pieces individually so you'd be tempted to buy it. Whereas if you're buying individual pieces then you'd probably only get the ones you really want and quite likely not the entire collection.

Hmmm - I didn't see it on Facebook either... I must be blind. I kept looking here all day hoping someone would mention it too.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-21-12 08:47 AM
In response to GMFTS

It was mentioned here on Wednesday I think...someone posted a thread about it but it got pushed to page 2.

I wonder if this was a mistake to have the collection be more expensive? I know there are some places that do that, but I didn't think sb.com was one of them.

I'm still trying to figure out how to order paper and have it arrive in good condition and not all dinged up. Most of the paper orders I've placed have arrived dinged in at least 2 places. I think I've only received one order in the past few months that arrived in perfect condition.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-21-12 08:50 AM
In response to Vae

Jarvae, are you ordering paper from here? I've ordered paper from here, scrapbuck, and papertemptress recently and it's all arrived in PERFECT condition. Even when the boxes are a little damaged by UPS or USPS the paper has been fine.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to stick

It is less expensive to buy the collection than to buy everything in that collection seperately. The collection you bought has 24 pattern papers (2 of 12 different designs) plus a few other items. Just alone, those 24 pages would cost you you $22.32 which is more than the collection.

Of course if you don't want two of each pattern, then you would need to buy it separate and that is how it would cost you less, but you would be getting less product.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-21-12 09:08 AM
In response to t-scraps

Yes, my most recent order was from here- it arrived yesterday and the box was in good condition, but the paper had one corner crushed and then also somehow got crushed along one of the edges kind of in the middle. The outsize box wasn't actually crushed at all, so I have no idea why but it happens more often than not. Sad panda

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Vae

Free shipping...it is always a good idea to follow us on FB and Twitter. That's all I'm gonna say.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

That's too bad on your paper, Jarvae. The paper I receive from this site is always so tightly wrapped that I can hardly get it open :>) Now J's...that's a totally different matter.

If anyone needs a free shipping w/$50 purchase tweet code, PM me.

I got my FB free shipping last night and browsed through the ancestory daily deals to get some of the colors that were included in the deal for the Liquid Pearls. I've gotten addicted to them

Of course a bunch of other things jumped into my cart also. I'm trying to not look at the buy3/1free paper deal today...and definitely don't want to spend $50 on paper when I have it stacked all over the place...but it's all so pretty lol ~Judy

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics