Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: edge punch recommendations?        (Topic#1580941)
New Kid On the Block

I'm so excited to try some border punches, but online they get mixed reviews I like the lacy, snowflake, flowery, scalloped type edges. Is one brand more reliable than another? Thanks

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to missygal

I've had great luck with the Martha Stewart ones.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to tinacome

Yep...I love my MS Punch around the Page. And the corner punches can be used on a circle to make a great edge. There are some videos that show how to do it.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to bigredssw

I have Martha Stewart, Fiskars, and EK Success.

Haven't had problems with any of them.

So go, buy, and have fun!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to bigredssw

I LOVE punches!! Got tons! I have/use/enjoy the Martha Stewart ones, the Fiskars, the EK Success, and I love the Creative Memories ones, although they are a bit pricey!! I like the CM ones because they are interchangeable and they come out with different dies, just can't spring for the whole set right now!! - Chris

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Juansmom

The ONLY ones I've had trouble with are the Fiskars ones. I've broken a couple of those. If you keep your receipt they will replace it; however, I didn't have my receipt. Funny thing is I broke a punch, replaced it, then it also broke. I replaced it with 2 more of same one, since it was among my favorites and I wanted to know I had a spare! Probably just a defect in that one style. Anyway, Stampin' Up has great punches as well. I like the ones that have fold-up edges as they don't take so much space to store.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Juansmom

I think this one is a must have
Products Referenced in This Post:

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-12 07:39 AM
In response to Juansmom

I like the EK Success best - I have the least problems - actually no problems with them.
I have many Fiskars and I like them but paper tends to get caught in them and the spring doesn't always come back up unless I give it a whack.
I only have one MS and would like to try one of the around the page ones but the price of those is prohibitive to me.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to GMFTS

Martha Stewart punches are made by EK Success.

Edited by tinacome on 09-21-12 07:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-21-12 08:09 AM
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:

Yes and/or apron lace

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:

I just got this at our LSS garage sale over the summer! Can't wait to try it out

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Kim222

I like this EK Success one:

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Juansmom

This is my #1.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to tinacome

• tinacome Said:
Martha Stewart punches are made by EK Success.

Stampin Up punches are made by EK Success as well.

I like EK Success punches and find they work better than Fiskars.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to fknapoleon

I like the EK Success best - the are just as nice to me and easier to store. They have a button thing on the back that allows them to fold flat, if that makes snese. A lot of scrappers I know are only purchasing those now because they are nice and store better than the others.

I actually like the hand squeeze ones by Fiskars for shapes, like a puzzle piece I just bought.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Ohhh punches! I love the MS ones and the EK Success. (Yes, they are both EK.)

MS has awesome designs! I have only had one break, but I used the HECK out of it for years, I recently replaced.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
I like the EK Success best - the are just as nice to me and easier to store. They have a button thing on the back that allows them to fold flat, if that makes snese. A lot of scrappers I know are only purchasing those now because they are nice and store better than the others.

I actually like the hand squeeze ones by Fiskars for shapes, like a puzzle piece I just bought.

Agree 100% Henri! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Fiskars hand squeeze punches!!! I imagine they are great for people with arthritis issues, etc, but I love them because my 4 yr old son can EASILY punch out shapes with them, which makes our craft time together lots smoother, and he feels like he is really productive and it keeps him quiet and me SANE!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

For shapes, the Fiskers you posted above are my favorites!

I need to see if I can find the arrow punches like that. They are the easiest punches to use of any I've tried.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

i only have a few punches, but I like EK success the best! they are flatter and easier to store and i like the designs more. Fiskars levers stick out so much they take up all the space.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

Same with MS punches - they are beaut;iful but I hate storing them!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics