Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: edge punch recommendations?        (Topic#1580941)
thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Henri Jean

I would have to say the Martha Stewart ones and the Creative Memories ones are my favorite. I really love the Creative Memories border punch it works like a dream.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I love the ease of use with the Fiskars Squeeze Punch, but be warned - they are not meant to punch through thick layers. I've already had to replace one that lost the battle against cardstock gooped up with glitter and Glossy Accents.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to kelseymel

I'm loving the Martha Stewart punches!!! They really are so nice and durable! I only have 3 so far cause they can be expensive but on the good size you can always find a coupon from M's or HL for at least 40% which makes them so much more affordable!

I would love to get some of the holiday ones but thought i'd try to get some more of the basic ones first. I just have 3 punches so far.

I think from now on though i'm going to try to buy more of the punch around the page ones. Those are cute and fun!

Edited by Cindyckj on 09-21-12 01:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Cindyckj

ditto what everyone said on EK Success and Martha (I didn't know that EK made the martha ones too!) - they're my favorites. I've jammed one or two of them, but I don't have my receipts and hadn't thought about trying to contact the company. I'm hoping I can get them unjammed.

Expert
In response to Tina scraps

Some of my ek success punches have jammed...with no luck in unjamming them.
I haven't had any probs with martha ones..they are wonderful.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to missygal

My answer to which punch to buy? All of them, silly

I love punches for putting borders on photo mats. Holly has her nesties. I have my punches...but I NEED more. I'm going to see about buying the snowflake lace edge punch that shows discontinued here, but I found it on ebay. I really have to have that one.

Of course the one I bought last night from sb I also had to have.

My MS Aspen edge punch jammed, but hubby did something to it and it's working again. He's not in here right now, so I'm not sure what he did.

Otherwise, I've had great luck with MS, EKSuccess and Fiskars. I do like the small amount of room many of the EKSuccess ones take. I keep waiting for Martha to start making her big, clunky punches the same way.~Judy

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-21-12 03:47 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

I love the Martha Stewart ones also. I do wish the sides folded up on them, but other than that, they're great! I only have 2 or 3 but love them!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to LeeLo

Many (maybe most?) of the MS punches do fold, but they are still big and bulky. Also, if you get one of her corner punches, be sure to pull the little wings out. Sometimes people don't know the wings are there and then complain about bad punches. They're hard to notice unless you know they're there.

I like the MS choices the best of the other brands and other than my Aspen punch that tries to go a bit wonky at times, they've punched good even with a lot of use.~Judy

New Kid On the Block
In response to mrsdriver5

You're all wonderful! I had 50% coupons and bought the Martha Stewart Embroidery edge and flower bed edge. Thanks so much.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Might I throw in the suggestion of AdvantEdge by Fiskars. I got them for 50% off. (Too pricey any other way.) What I love about this new Fiskar's product is how wide the punch is. I have tons of edge punches in EK Success, Martha Stewart, and Fiskars. None of them have ever broken. If yoou ever hit Marshall's they have them for $3.99 if you get lucky.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to Juansmom

My kiddos love creating in my scrap room!! But my 11 year old will touch and fiddle with my stuff I'm working on. Thanks for the idea. I'm going to give her a punch and have her make dies for me.

I love both MS and EK but I find myself buying the EK success dies because they are simpler to store!(:

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to res19s2d

If you have a problem with a fiskar punch just contact them through their website and they will replace it. No charge and you don't even have to return the punch.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to res19s2d

• res19s2d Said:
My kiddos love creating in my scrap room!! But my 11 year old will touch and fiddle with my stuff I'm working on. Thanks for the idea. I'm going to give her a punch and have her make dies for me.

I love both MS and EK but I find myself buying the EK success dies because they are simpler to store!(:

I finished my MS and EK shelves. The MS ones are more difficult to store. I finally found a way that I like... for now.
Punch Shelves By 950nancy

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to fknapoleon

• Kendraj78 Said:
  • tinacome Said:
Martha Stewart punches are made by EK Success.

Stampin Up punches are made by EK Success as well.

I like EK Success punches and find they work better than Fiskars.

Interesting - I didn't know either of those things. Thanks for sharing.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I do like the Fiskars squeeze punches - especially the 3 sizes of clouds. I find that they are easier to store if you buy some of those elastic pony tail holders, squeeze the handles together, and do a double twist over the handles with those elastic bands.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to res19s2d

• res19s2d Said:

Sorry, can't quit laughing at your comment, "I'm going to give her a punch..." Now someone will report you for child abuse!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
If you have a problem with a fiskar punch just contact them through their website and they will replace it. No charge and you don't even have to return the punch.

I was going to say the same thing. Their customer service is second to none.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to cindy312

I've tried to buy carefully, so I have a good varity of designs. Some of the designs are very close and I try to conserve space. I also wait for sales. Punches can be pricey but at 40% to 6
50% off they are worth it. I honestly don't think that I will buy more than one punch in the middle of the page. I love it but more than one?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Prefer MS or EK I've had bad luck with Fiskar's bunches. I've got a ton of edges on my cricut but still pull out my punches more often.

Edited by Sneezy1956 on 09-22-12 07:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Sneezy1956

To me punches are like my cuddlebug—just easier to grab for quick things, plus I figure I might as well prolong the lifespan of my Cricut and Cameo and not use them all the time when a cheaper tool will work just as well. Also, a punch or nestie is much faster for intricate designs than the electric die-cutters.~Judy

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics