Username Post: Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher stapler        (Topic#1580953)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-21-12 10:55 AM

I'm being tempted by this. I used it at a friend's house and liked the result, and I see that it gets super reviews. I'm wondering if a mini stapler from an office supply store wouldn't be just as good, though. Thoughts?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to stick

In theory, yes, they would work; however, in (my) reality, notsomuch.

I find that the mini's @ Staples/Office Max/etc aren't as sturdy and don't punch through as well as the tiny attacher.

I'm not sure whether they reach in as far also (not that the tiny attacher has a deep reach).

Edited by Kim222 on 09-21-12 11:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-21-12 12:50 PM
In response to Kim222

Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking the reach is probably twice as much as the tiny ones from office supply. I'm *this close* to ordering

Expert
In response to stick

I'm not sure about this either but doesn't the little stampler from the office supply store still use regular size staples? I actually own the tiny attacher and love it. The staples are tiny too so you can hide them if you want to.

Expert
In response to scrappy_day

Sorry - that was suppose to say stapler - not stampler!!

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to stick

I agree. I definitely think the reach is farther. And the staples are thicker (not too thick looking, but definitely not flimsy) so they hold trims nicely. Plus it easily punches through trim and heavy cardstock. not sure that an office supply version would be as sturdy (like Kim222 mentioned).

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-21-12 01:26 PM
In response to rebeccakeppel

Okay, I'm convinced

And I think a stampler sounds like an interesting tool, I wonder what it would do .....

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking the reach is probably twice as much as the tiny ones from office supply. I'm *this close* to ordering

Get closer!

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to Kim222

I held out for a long time when they first came out and then finally caved when Michaels had a 50% off coupon....i LOVE it. It is different than the little staplers you get elsewhere (I have a few trying to find an alternative so I wouldnt be just buying a "name"...and back then I was not fond of the Tim Holtz things...my how things change). I use mine for more than scrapbooking...it is THAT cool.

Tiffany

Edited by Diamond Events by Tiffany on 09-21-12 02:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to scrappy_day

• scrappy_day Said:
I'm not sure about this either but doesn't the little stapler from the office supply store still use regular size staples? I actually own the tiny attacher and love it. The staples are tiny too so you can hide them if you want to.

that's what I thought too about the mini staplers. I also held out for a long time on the attacher, and finally got it. It's a cute look, I like it

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-21-12 03:34 PM
In response to Tina scraps

I'm sure I've seen mini staplers at the office supply with mini staples ... but I might be remembering wrong. I ordered. Yay for free shipping!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to stick

I love it also. Use it for everything. MIT will staple thru chipboard too. Especially good on grundgeboard.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to stick

I love it also. Use it for everything. It will staple thru chipboard too. Especially good on grundgeboard.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to SherylEb

I love mine! I keep it in my caddy at all times! There are so many times when I need to attach something and it isn't working out right...and then I think......MY MINI!!!! PERFECT!!! I love the staples look on a page, it is another element or layer to an embellishment! I don't like velumn tape, I don't think it works, I can still see it....but the mini works great!!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to binkiemonstermom

Yay for ordering. You will love it! I won mine from scrapbook.com, and I love it. The reach is decent, and they are not flimsy at all. The mini-staplers from the office store just don't cut it. And for whoever asked, the staples are smaller. I prefer the smaller size on my layouts.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Luvmyfam

I love mine. Use it all the time!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to stick

Well, I'm glad you ordered. Let me share my story with you. I learned the hard way that those mini stapler from the office supplies don't cut it like many here already said. I was trying to attach something to a tag I made out of cereal box once and since I own a very old mini stapler I thought that will do it. Don't even remember where I got mine from but when I tried was a completely disaster. The staples were so flimsy that came right out and ruined everything else. I ended up redoing the tag. So definitely I second the TH tiny attacher 110%.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-22-12 05:46 PM
In response to GIGIGI30

Oh, wow, gigi, good story! I'm looking forward to receiving my package

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to stick

I've had mine since it first came out and use it all the time....you will love it I say go for it.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-01-12 03:37 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

So didja get it yet? Do you love it???

Hubby bought me one this weekend, thanks entirely to this thread! YAY!! I haven't tried it yet but I hope to soon.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-01-12 05:32 PM
In response to Vae

Got it! Played with it briefly and like it bunches but haven't had time to actually use it on something real (been busy making my Supergirl costume).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics