Username Post: Football Fans?        (Topic#1580979)
Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006

After a visit from a contractor for an estimate for a pool in our backyard I was thinking about something he said. He saw pictures of our favorite football team on our walls and he said your husband is lucky you let him display football pics in your living room. I looked at him and said that I purchased them and that I actually love football as much as he does! He seemed shocked that...well I will say it....a girl liked football. I dont think I am odd but is there other football fans out there? I have been lucky to be able to have access to an artist that has done amazing pics in honor of my school/team UNL so the pics are cool.

auntieant
Expert
auntieant
In response to Debbie2006

I'm watching college football as I type this.. I really don't have a favorite college football team. But I do root for Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans.. And yes I do know that they are really the same team since the Titans were the Houston Oilers before they were moved to Tennessee. My husband tells me that I am more into it than he is sometimes.. LOL.. I have an Old Eddie George Jersery. Love FOOTBALL!!!!

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to auntieant

I love all football! Was watching Okla and K State tonight and now watching Oregon. Its football season when I wish I had six TVs to watch all the games!

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to Debbie2006

Huge college football fan! I've been a fan of Boise State since I was a little girl in the late '70's. They are my team...and the school I graduated from! GO BRONCOS!

I love watching any of the games, though...dh and I both love it!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Seaside Dreams

Huge professional football fan here! As a matter of fact, my dh and I were just laughing about how I'm the football fan and have the fantasy teams, and watch ALL the games ALL weekend long, and he's the one who gets annoyed with my obsession with the sport instead of it being the other way around!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to provinca

I watch Navy Football religiously. My husband buys me sweatshirts and foam hands and stuffed mascots for our anniversary because we planned our wedding around the annual Army Navy game (not entirely on purpose, mind. I had taken the weekend off from work to watch the game and then we decided to elope on that weekend since I already had the time off). He doesn't like watching sports, but he makes an exception for the Army Navy game (the fact that he's a Marine and our BFF is an ex Army Ranger is the main reason he watches).

On a side note, I'm guessing that there are a lot of controlling uptight wives out there... I hear all the time how awesome a wife I am from his friends and acquaintances because I let him... Yes, my living room is full of 12 inch GI Joe figures dating back from the 1960s to present. Yes, I rearrange my schedule at times so my husband can go away and play airsoft or LARP on weekends with his friends. I love him and those things are important to him, so they become important to me. We're partners... how can I get him to take my needs/hobbies seriously if I don't take his? /rant over.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I love him and those things are important to him, so they become important to me. We're partners... how can I get him to take my needs/hobbies seriously if I don't take his? /rant over.

I'm not really a football fan, but I LOVE this.

I get excited about football because dh gets so excited about it. Do I give a rip who actually wins? No, but it's nice to see him relaxing (when he isn't screaming at the tv) and enjoying something.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to kelseymel

I am a hardcore Dallas fan for professional and a Volunteers fan for college. I actually watch more football than my husband.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
I love him and those things are important to him, so they become important to me. We're partners... how can I get him to take my needs/hobbies seriously if I don't take his? /rant over.

I'm not really a football fan, but I LOVE this.

I get excited about football because dh gets so excited about it. Do I give a rip who actually wins? No, but it's nice to see him relaxing (when he isn't screaming at the tv) and enjoying something.

What you guys said.

I'm a baseball fan. DH likes all sports, but really loves football - college and professional. I watch some with him and root for the team with the prettiest colors that day.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to Kim222

Another HUSKERS fan here!!! I am the only one in the house who likes to watch football....or any sport for that matter! My dh couldn't care less! I have a friend that gets us tickets to go to one game a year in Memorial Stadium...this year it is November so I hope we have nice weather! Deb, I am interested in where you get good football paintings...I have a sil who is nuttier than I am!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to bears99

in our house I am the football fan, not my hubby. whenever other guys want to discuss the game, he sends them to me.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to Lamoo12

I use to sit with my dad and watch Sunday and Monday night football. He wasn't much into College but was a huge Redskins Fan. I like watching and try to catch a game when I can. I usually pull for Denver and pull for any team playing Dallas and Pittsburg.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to bears99

Hello! The artist is Linda Stych. She is located in Colorado now but her pics are amazing, I have five currently and one of them is of the house I grew up in, its called Husker House. Her website is http://stychfinearts.com/ The pic of my house is located under the farm pics. Check her out she is the best.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics