Username Post: CM Storybook Creator Users?        (Topic#1580987)
jotsy 
New Kid On the Block
  • jotsy on 09-22-12 09:58 PM

I use Storybook Creator and am pretty new to digital scrapbooking. Doing my first book for my first grandson. I'm wondering if I should have the book printed or just do page prints and put in a personalized album for him. He's 3 and loves to look thru albums so maybe the pages in protectors might be best?? Would love to hear ideas about CM Storybook Creator. I haven't upgraded yet -- still mastering what I have!!!

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn
In response to jotsy

I am sorry I don't use Storybook Creator but yes I think since he is only 3 it would be best to do page prints and put in protector sheets. I have done quite a few digital for my grandkids and had printed to bound books but they were old enough to know they should be taken care of. 3 year old would just love flipped through pages and would probably get all torn up. Be sure and share some of your pages in gallery. We all love to look at pages others have done.

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to ncborn

Have been an SBC user for 3 years and love, love, love it. Printing it out page by page will be more expensive than printing the project as a storybook, but the page protectors will protect it better. If you create in the largest sizes (12x12 or 11x8), then you can always "convert" the project down to the smaller corresponding size (for projects created as 12x12 storybooks, you can also print it as an 8x8 storybook; for 11x8 storybooks, you can also print it as a 7x5 storybook... it DOES NOT work going from a storybook created at a smaller size to printing at the larger size... always create the project in the bigger size). If you're worried about him (let's face it, his parents) having a keepsake, then print the larger printed storybook for them and then print a smaller, soft cover storybook for him. Otherwise, the rule at my house until the kids were old enough to know to be careful was that they had to bring the book to an adult to turn the pages for them.

jotsy 
New Kid On the Block
  • jotsy on 10-10-12 08:51 PM
In response to Jessica G-B

Thank you Jessica -- that's great advice!! I love your pages. I'm slowly getting more brave!! You take care !!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to jotsy

I LOVE Creative Memories Storybook Creator 4.0! I usually print out individual pages. And, they will definitely be more protected than in a storybook. I love to print my 12x12 prints at Persnickety Prints.com. LOVE their quality and how fast they ship.

Have fun!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics