Username Post: Evolution        (Topic#1580991)
amo_angelus
New Kid On the Block
amo_angelus

Greetings and Salutations! My name is Angel, I'm 25, from Chesterfield (UK) and recently married. In fact I'm still on my honeymoon but...I'm an early riser and he isn't so at 10am I made him turn the internet on. He's since gone back to sleep and here I am :P

So, a little about me and why is this thread titled evolution? Well, I'm a brand new scrapbooker. I started one a few months ago for my godson, but his mum is being somewhat slow with the producing of photographs and thus far there is only one completed page and one half completed page >_<

So why is this evolution? Well several years ago, back in my first year of college I discovered something really important! Wednesdays were only half days and I could sneak two meals if I ate at college and then went to my grammas house and claimed otherwise, likewise I could get two teas if I ate at my grammas house in the evening then claimed I hadn't when I got back to my mums :P But more importantly, I learned very quickly that my gramma had a lot more to teach me than I used to think and she introduced me to cardmaking. Naturally I loved it and we'd spend hours crafting together on a wednesday as I told her all about college, boys and home.

Well she spoke about wanting to make her Brothers widow a scrapbook, but...she got cancer and died. I never learned what had become of her plans until a few months when I was raiding her daughter (my aunts) craft room for skeletal leaves. I kinda came back with more than I went for...

One of those things being a scrapbook kit that my gramma had bought but never used (And the knowledge that they did make that first scrapbook before she passed) and lil ole me says to herself "How hard can it be? It's just the next evolution of card making right?"

Well I found Abakhan while on honeymoon and...um... you will NEVER believe what I bought for £15! Seriously! I will have to show you, but the photos are on the other halfs phone so...Not yet. Anyway, I also found a place called craft land-udno, three guesses where, and bought three pads of 12"x12" papers and one of 6"x6" papers for under a fiver! And a book called creative layout variations for about a fiver...Well me, the girl who packed cross stitch, knitting and her sketchpad, has already got a book in mind, and the photos I want to use are arriving next weekend. So...I'm happily sat here reading up on scrapbooking and sketching out some layouts ^_^

And thats///probably more than you wanted to know about me, so...Hi! Please talk to me, I'm very chatty!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-23-12 06:25 AM
In response to amo_angelus

Hi Angel! I am Mary.
You are cracking me up in a great way about being chatty. This is a wonderful place to be for you - to chat and to learn and to share what you are doing - scrapwise and otherwise.

Sounds to me like you have been bitten pretty hard by the scrap bug. Cheers to that!
Look forward to seeing your first los.

Oh and congrats on your new marriage! Much happiness to both of you.

amo_angelus
New Kid On the Block
amo_angelus
In response to GMFTS

I don't know about the scrapbooking bug, but I've had the papercrafting one for a while. We'll have to see how this book turns out. I've sketched three of the pages already, but it's now getting a bit difficult to design the layouts I want without knowing what pictures I'm going to have availible :P

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

wow you got a great deal !!! Hope you put it all to great use!!

amo_angelus
New Kid On the Block
amo_angelus
In response to Just G

I'm not sure great deal applies to visiting my aunt to scrounge supplies, I would say that was more being a very lucky girl, great deal is more like my trip to wales where for £15 I got:
[image]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-KSfjwNjMnY4/UGHfbKFm heI/AAAAAAAABu0/zAg2eMpGW Hs/s480/2012+-+1[/image]
And yes, it is stacked. For example there's a pile of about 12 different die cuts, and a pile of 11 packs of identical stickers and so on.

Edited by amo_angelus on 09-25-12 08:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

elizabeth_C
Veteran
elizabeth_C

YOu hit the jackpot, congrats and welcome to the site!!!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics