Username Post: Who has SCAL or MTC?        (Topic#1581011)
creater1
Diva
creater1

I recently found out through Pazzles that I can use either of the programs with my Pazzles Inspiration.
I am wondering how easy the software is to learn and if one is better than the other one. TIA

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to creater1

Jackie,
I have MTC and have found it to be very easy to use.
I only do the basics, but the other more advanced stuff is there if you're into it. I haven't had a need to do/try all the other more advanced stuff.
My favorite thing is the shadow feature, it is literally a click and your word/ title has a shadow layer. ( one thing the Cricut world is missing!)
I have always read when this Q has been asked, that MTC seems to be a bit more user friendly, I've only ever used MTC so I can't compare the two.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

I have both and the newer version of SCAL is much easier to use than previous versions. I still think MTC is a little bit easier to use though. I think you will be happy with either version. Once you purchase MTC, new versions are always free.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to HisGEM

I have both but my vote goes to MTC....Very user friendly. If you know how to use a computer, you're all set. MTC has a forum and people in there are extremely helpful and also there is a MTC Yahoo Forum which is awesome. Julie, the main moderator there has written tutorials with graphics that you can follow through. Also, MTC has webinar live every Tuesday.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to GIGIGI30

Oh that sounds like I could handle that especially with a tutorial. Does anyone have a Pazzles Inspiration and is it easy to convert files. I am leary of all of the techinical stuff. My cricut has me spoiled with wysiwyg.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to creater1

Jackie, I don't know anything about the Pazzles, but using MTC I don't have to convert anything. I use SVG's, which type of files do you have?

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to ChansGram

The Pazzles is a wpc file so I am not sure how coverting files works.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to creater1

I don't have a Pazzle either but Julie has mentioned that there are ways to work your WPC files on MTC. See here: Cutting WPC with MTC

After all, I think if you get MTC you're going to be very please..IMO!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to GIGIGI30

I have SCAL2 and love it. Haven't ever used MTC.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to Seaexplore

I second the SCAL2 as well, but I also don't have MTC so I'm not sure which is easier to use. You might search for both on Youtube, there are a lot of video tutorials on them so perhaps you'll be able to get a feel for both of them.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to michellesmakingmemories

Remember, you can download both and try the trial versions and see which one you like better. Scal3 was on sale for $40. Not sure if it still is or not.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to HisGEM

I got frustrated with all of it and listed my Pazzles Inspiration on Craig's List. I am gonna just be content with my Cricut E for all that I do.
I know I just can't come out of my cave. Technology is really intimidating to me. Done deal now. Not gonna look back.
Thanks for all the info everyone.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics