Page 1 of 57 
Username Post: 12 Days of Swapping -START OPENING LADIES!        (Topic#1581019)
Tenant

Hostesses: ScrapAngel4 & Hvn101

Hi everyone! I have been doing this swap for 3 years now and hvn101 is going to help me cohost.

Pals out: 2 days later
Kits received by your partner by: 12/7

Who can join?

Flakers need not apply! If you have flaked on a swap with anyone before - don't bother signing up. If I don't know about you flaking, someone else will surely let me know.

It is very important that those who sign up fulfill their obligation to their partner and get the package to them by the due date – not in the mail by the due date.

Life happens and things come up that might get in the way. The key is communication. It only takes a few seconds to post “just checking in” or “jci”. Be considerate. If you can’t get online at least once a week for a simple checkin - don’t sign up. If you can’t get your partner's kit in their hands by the due date – don’t sign up.

Max 1 spot per person

If you have never been in one of my swaps before I must receive 3 referrals from hostesses whose swaps you have been in this year. And I will require you to mail out your pals gift by November 30th.

12 Days of Swapping
($40 gift swap)

This has some handmades, but is mostly storebought. I figured by starting it now, everyone could work on the handmades and then as it gets closer to Christmas work on the storebought items (since wishlists might change quite a bit from now to then).

This will be a secret pal swap and you will not have the same person that has you.

You will send your pal 12 gifts total. Each is wrapped separately and has a handmade tag attached to it with the date your pal is to open it. You mail them all together along with a handmade Christmas card.

On December 13th your pal will open their handmade card. (in the past I have given a snack or a handmade item as an xtra token)

Then on December 14th they will open their first gift (labeled with that date).
Each day they will continue to open the gift labeled for that date up until December 25th when they open their last and biggest gift.
Hence, the 12 days of swapping - and why your pal must have their package by 12/7.

The fun part of this swap is when everyone posts what they have received on each day.

Rules:

1. Please do not send JUNK.. and what I mean is no old tattered, yellow looking items from your stash.

2. Take a peek at your pal's wishlist and see what they may like. You do not have to buy directly from their wishlist just use it as a guide.

3. The total value of the first 11 gifts (12/14-12/24) must be a minimum retail value $30. it works out as $3 a day. (you can go over, but that is up to you and not everyone can afford to do this)

The gift(s) that your pal opens on Christmas day must be worth $10 retail. (all NIP and storebought) It would be nice if this one gift was from your pals wishlist. I strongly suggest that you do this.

4. You may include handmades as one of the gifts on any given day (except the last day). Please pick something from your pals survey of things they could use.. ex.. a altered picture frame, maybe a box of handmade cards...etc...

5. A survey will be made up and you must pm it to us before we give out the pals.

6. Your handmade card must be in an envelope for your pal to open.
Each days gifts must be individually wrapped, have a tag attached and labeled with the date to open.
All of these items must be mailed in one box to your partner.
Package your items well so that they arrive in one piece to your partner.
Your partner must receive it by 12/7. Don’t cut it close!!! Keep in mind the holiday mailing delays and weather.
You must purchase a Delivery Confirmation number for the package.
When you go postal you must post that number in this thread for all to see.

You must post:
• at least once a week (check in), and
• when you receive your kit
Hopefully you will also post what you opened each day. Its really fun to see who gets what!

How To Join

1 - Post that you would like to join.
2 - Be sure to bookmark this swap
3 - Load up your sb.com wishlist updated!!!
4 - Then you will need to pm me the following information using the subject: “12 days of Swapping Survey”:

RECAP OF WHAT TO SEND TO YOUR PAL:

1. MAKE A HANDMADE CARD
2. MAKE 12 HANDMADE TAGS
3. SEND 12 WRAPPED GIFTS EITHER HANDMADE OR NIP. (GO BY THEIR SURVEYS AND WISHLISTS)
4. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PAL RECEIVES IT BY 12/7.
5. HAVE FUN SHOPPING FOR YOU PAL!

Survey:

Screen name

Name & mailing addy

Colors you like

Colors you don’t like

Embellishments you like or would like to try

Anything you’re working on right now

Size of paper preferred if any

Anything Handmade you would like to receive ie door hanger altered something

Do you like sweets? If so kind ie hard candy chocolate

Embellishments you don’t like/want

Any items you would like that are not on your sb.com wishlist (not in the sb.com store)

Please list 10 items from your wishlist that you really want:

Do you have any other wishlists to share with your partner? Provide links here:

Anything else you’d like to share with your partner

package sent and confirmation posted
rec. gift from pal
surveys rec.

means postal

SIGNUPS

ScrapAngel4 12/4
Drayia 12/2
Hvn101
squirmys mom 12/3
scrapbookgirl28 11/21
Lookin4newideas 12/4
molson 11/23
DisneyLisa 12/1
Lorna Lee 11/23
mwendt7
Zoila aka ScrapAngel1
TJcraftywitch 12/7
Cinj
Azgirl 8)
Naneetootiebeeblebug
Silver26AK
Melissa Birlem
YourScrapAttack 12/1
tcletoaddison 12/7
Sassie 8)
Pam in TX
4tgrfans 11/27
Sassy Suzi 12/2
scrappinlilly 12/6
Scrapwriter
Parisdame 12/1

Edited by Scrapnhvn on 12-14-12 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

hvn101
hvn101 
Diva
hvn101
In response to Scrapnhvn

Add me!!! LOL

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to hvn101

This will be my 3rd year so sign me up too!

scrapbookgirl28
Diva
scrapbookgirl28
In response to Drayia

I'd love to join!

squirmys mom
Pro
squirmys mom
In response to scrapbookgirl28

I would like to join if possible.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to squirmys mom

Thanks so much for your timing on this. I was just about to pm Kim and ask her if there was any chance we could have pals this year by Oct 5 since that is the day I will be starting a 12 store shop hop with a stamp show to follow the following weekend. So YAY! I will have my pal and can shop for her at those events.

Of course I'd like a spot.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to disneylisa

This sounds like a lot of fun. I have never been in one of these swaps. May I join?
I have been in swaps with Drayia and hvn101 this year. I have never flaked on a swap.

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to Lorna Lee

I would like to join please, Do I need refrences? Have swapped with HVN01 several times.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to mwendt7

Hello DisneyLisa and Lorna Lee, I will vouch for Lorna Lee!

molson
molson 
Veteran
molson
In response to Drayia

This sounds like a lot of fun. May I join?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to molson

I would like to join, I got a little exta cash this year...

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Lookin4newideas

woot woot! Im so glad everyone is joining!

We will have the survey together in a day or so and it will be posted on the first page..

As long as you have swapped with either hvn or myself, you can join!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to ScrapAngel4

duh I forgot to add my name to the list! ha ha

Tenant
In response to ScrapAngel4

I think I have added everyone up to here. So glad to see my friends. More to come I know it.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Scrapnhvn

Okay add me, I love christmas and haven't been able to do this one last year. I want to do it this year.

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 09-24-12 04:03 PM
In response to disneylisa

• disneylisa Said:
Thanks so much for your timing on this. I was just about to pm Kim and ask her if there was any chance we could have pals this year by Oct 5 since that is the day I will be starting a 12 store shop hop with a stamp show to follow the following weekend. So YAY! I will have my pal and can shop for her at those events.

Of course I'd like a spot.

"12 Store shop hop" that sounds too fun.

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 09-24-12 04:05 PM
In response to Cinj

I would like to join if I can. I have only done the Sept envie swap and the $10+ stash swap. I am signed up for the Oct envie swap and sent in for the MOTM swap. I'm not sure if that is enough??

AZGIRL
Expert
AZGIRL
In response to Cinj

Kim this sounds super fun count me in.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 09-24-12 10:43 PM
In response to AZGIRL

Scrapnhvn...I like the sound of that...very clever!!

I'm here ladies!! Thanks for the invite! I would love to be a part of this wonderful swap!! Looks like some of my favorite ladies are here too...

I have swapped with just about everyone here so far...shout outs to...Heather, Shana, Lorna, Molson, Squirmy's Mom, and TJ just to name a few!!
I can vouch for all these lovely ladies!

I can't wait to find out my partner...I am going to go crazy spoiling her!!

SQUEEEEEEEE ...pretty excited about this swap can you tell??

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

I would like to join please!

Page 1 of 57 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics