Username Post: 12 Days of Swapping -START OPENING LADIES!        (Topic#1581019)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Secret Santa2

WARNING EVERYONE!!! You know how you can have several windows open at time with SB.com? Well, I had signed on under sshhhpal, then I went in under my name to compare my secret sister's wish list, going back and forth between windows. But when I posted the message under sshhhpal.. it posted it under this name. Luckily I caught it right away and was able to delete my message. I'll have to message my secret sister later today

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Lookin4newideas

LOL Sally I saw that, glad you caught it so fast. I learned that too the hard way with a secret sister swap too. Its due to the ip address of your computer and not the sign in so, I used a laptop to sign in as the secret name and then my desktop for me

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 10-05-12 09:16 AM
In response to Drayia

I just noticed I don't have a bio on my home page to give info about myself so it might be easier to shop/make for. I will do that now. sorry about that.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

• Sshhhpal Said:
ScrapAngel4 you are my secret pal. I am super excited to have one of our wonderful Hostess' as my pal, I've got big plans in store for you. I do have a question. You stated you would like a 2 page layout; do you have anything special you would like one to focus on? or would you like it to be a surprise?

hey secret sister! how are you? Im so excited.. I luv surprises! the 2page layout can be school, valentines day, family, christmas, or whatever your heart desires.. I just dont celebrate st. pattys day.

thanks!

Resident
In response to Cinj

• Cinj Said:
I just noticed I don't have a bio on my home page to give info about myself so it might be easier to shop/make for. I will do that now. sorry about that.

thanks for the help CinJ!!!
I am your little elf this season.
Would you like to share your favorite candies with me? I would ask Santa but hes a bit busy right now!!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 10-05-12 01:46 PM

• Sshhhpal Said:
  • Cinj Said:

thanks for the help CinJ!!!
I am your little elf this season.
Would you like to share your favorite candies with me? I would ask Santa but hes a bit busy right now!!

Absolutely. Anything chocolate (milk not dark).

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to Cinj

Hey everyone!! Oh someone actually wants to shop for me? How exciting I promise not to peek if you give a hint. LOL. Micheal we don't have one here . I hear they have some really nice things there. Have fun~ sister.

Resident
In response to tcletoaddison

ScrapAngel1 Wahoo and Yippee! I'm looking to shop for you here and there and everywhere. If you have any last minute requests let me know - I'm on a shopping frenzy.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

well sister I can tell you a fridge box MIGHT be big enough for ALL I want but Id have no place to store it!!

Ah, Im soo glad your having to go into antique stores now :P Thats a place you should have never left behind lol! Its just a great place to get lost in history, ideas, color combo's & all that good stuff. I walk in several times a month & out with not much at all in the bag but a brain filled with ideas

Thanks for the chat, this is my FAVORITE part of these swaps. Just knowing my pal is happy to chat with me is the best gift I could recieve HUGS!

Resident
In response to Sassie

Tonya,
I can't wait to start collecting all your little treats for you. Are there any items on your wish list that you especially want?

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

have a great weekend everyone!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to ScrapAngel4

Off on my shopping trip YAY! Starting at a SB store Ive never been to before in Niles Mi *sooo excited* and then the big box stores are all on the same road literally 1 block apart - Micheals, Hobby lobby, Joans & then united art (for all my mixed media needs - my all time favorite store )THEN they have a Tuesday Morning (ive only been there 2-3x's, they have a TJmax (never had luck there before but today & tomorrow are my lucky days ..... THEN the grand finally is a HUGE Great Priced Thrift store called Saint Vincent De Paul (spelling) SO wish me luck -- and to all my pals, secret or not ... Im starting Christmas Shopping as well

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to Sassie

I'm heading out of town for tonight. I booked a table at a craft fair up north tomorrow. While there, I plan to stop at several of the local shops to look around for my SS. Hmmm... we'll be close to the reservation, hope to find some goodies there as well. I love working with natural materials. My SS may just receive a hand-woven basket! Let the holiday shopping extravaganza begin!!!

Resident
In response to Lookin4newideas

LOL I had the same DUH moment, but I'm glad to have it because on another board I have to make up a SS name for the boards...Thanks hvn

I want to say a real big HELLO to Jen (scrappinlilly), I can't wait to start shopping for you...the cool thing is your taste is the opposite of mine so I get to think outside the box when shopping for you. Thats what I love so much about these SWAPS is the individuality of color choices....ok I'm just babbling now have a great weekend ya all and Happy Shopping and Wishing!

Edited by Sshhhpal on 10-06-12 08:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jacquie44
Expert
jacquie44

OMG!!! I am SOOOO JAZZED....I haven't been doing any paper crafting in like 2 yrs and I just went to check out the Prima stuff and I just love their new masks, the resin pieces, and new papers...I am loving the Romance and Fairy papers. ALL SO FULL OF VINTAGE GOODNESS!!! My wish list just has been updated!!!

Resident
In response to squirmys mom

• squirmys mom Said:
I think I am done shopping!!! Next..... HANDMADES!!!

YAY!

I'm just starting your shopping. You have a lot of fun things on your wish list. I had wondered with some of the smaller items, such as the Doodlebug twine, do you mind another brand of baker's twine in similar colors? I can find better deals which would allow me to get some of the other items on your list. Also, I was wondering if you've worked with Perfect Pearls powders already and if so, have you purchased other color sets? I have found the stores around here don't always carry all the color combos.

And your son is 3 y/o now? Does he have a favorite toy he likes or a pet? What kind of colors do you like to use in his scrapbook pages? By the way, I like your style. Since you don't have time, I'd like to make some embellishments for you. I might make some fall ones, so be sure to take some pictures of him playing in the leaves!

Edited by Sshhhpal on 10-06-12 11:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Just finished 2 solid days of scrap shopping. That 12 store shop hop I mentioned before. It was great. I'm worn out though, so bad that I don't even feel like playing with my new toys yet. They'll have to wait until tomorrow. I was on a lot of back roads over hills and through beautiful Amish farmlands. I discovered some wonderful stores I had never been at. I got a few things from my pals wishlist and just as many from my own. So santa.....I've done the first update. Round 2 next weekend after the stamp show. Hope I didn't throw a wrench into anything you've got the elves working on.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to disneylisa

DisneyLisa what stamp show? And where is it? I miss going to expo's a shows. Were do I find out about them?

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to tcletoaddison

I only know about it because I've gone the past 3 years. Its put on by a company called Heirloom Productions. The website lists maybe 12 shows throughout the country. I go to the one in York, PA which is only 30 minutes from my house. Saw it advertised once in an email newsletter from an LSS and now I know to look for it each year. I even "work" there each year. The first time I went I noticed a vendor had a sign at their register asking for teardown help. I helped box up the goods and dismantle the displays. Took about 2 hours and I got to pick $40 worth of products for my efforts. Now I email them each year about 2 weeks before the show and offer my help. I've done it every year and will again this year. That particular vendor sells copics & Spellbinders among other things so its no problem to get to $40.

mleehm 
Resident
In response to disneylisa

I'd like a spot if it's not too late! I've been in several LOTW swaps this year and a Graphic 45 altered cigar box with mini album. I'm currently in the Strange and Beautiful, Enchanted Tag, Graphic 45 ABC Primer, 12x12 Calendar pages, Halloween Goodie Bag, September Owl Kit, and the Autumn Splendor/Halloween Tag Swaps. I'm fairly new to swaps but have never flaked. Learning more about the computer process as I go along so unfortunately not everything I have done is in my gallery. I recognize lots of the people already here in this swap and would love to join the group!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics