Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: ATG Tips~~Anyone have any?        (Topic#1581023)
Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 09-24-12 04:16 PM
In response to deedee49

I only just started using mine too. I like it but haven't completly mastered it. And I forget when there are holes for eys etc. to tape on the back not on the solid so i end up with sticky eye holes. lol but that is complete user error.
I think it is the best sticky yape I have tried so far; it hold everything even the textured papers (I was having trouble with that before).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to deedee49

Sure - everyone can come. Looks like after this ordeal with my son is over Bill would like to take a 2 week cruise from Boston and around Canada to see the fall leaves in mid October. Depends on surgery schedule. Then surgery will be at the end of the year or early next so we will stay home until Joe is completely recovered.

He wants to go on a 115 day cruise in January - don't think that will happen.

In spring we are definitely driving to Las vegas for a license plate meet. Then to San Diego - we should have our second granddaughter by then, due in early March. Then we will fly to Hawaii for a couple weeks.

After that Bill wants to go to Guam or the Philipines and we've been invited to Okinawa. Havne't been to Japan in 3 years so we may do that. Truth is, from Hawaii we are game to go anywhere the planes are going.

Will be gone at least 2-3 months. for our spring trip.

Bill also has his eye on a 49 day South American cruise, similar to the last one but this one goes very close to the antartic and also goes into the Amazon for several ports.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
  • pamela.tx Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
Welcome to the ATG fan club! I love this tool so much, I have two - one for acid free and one general purpose tape for cards.

1) As Henri said, try to reload before the tape breaks so you can just follow how the old one went in.
2) Try to avoid changing tapes at 2am when at a weekend retreat. If it works, it'll take 45 minutes at least.
3) A little definitely goes a long way. Every one has his/her own tape application techniques. When I used squares, I would put one in each corner and one in the middle and be done. When I got my ATG, I got a little trigger happy and put a line down each side plus a long line in the middle. Now I've scaled WAY back and put about the size of the one of the 3L squares in the corners and middle.
4) I release trigger, lift handle slightly and keep pulling to break the tape.
5) Practice
6) Have fun

I usually put a line down each side and a long line diagonally in the middle because I don't want my edges to come up or the middle.

[color:red]I can't wait to get home from work so I can play!

Practice makes perfect!

Oh sister you are already an ATG addict!
The only missing advice I see is: make sure you have a back up roll and when you replace that get another right away.
Oh and get Henri to change your rolls for you. I am going to send her mine. I figure tracking her down wherever in the world she is + her 7 second to do it and then the return will still happen in less time than it seems to take me to get it loaded.

I blame that on being left-handed: bet you didn't know that all scrapping tools are right handed?

Mary, Im left handed too and have no trouble with it! Isnt that funny?

But yes, most of the world is not designed for us, we have to adapt!

I actually only eat and write with my left hand. Everything else, scissor use, batting a ball, shooting a gun and swinging a golf club Ive learned to do righty.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to ScrappyMama6

Well, looks like everyone is invited to travel with Henri! So when do we leave and who is paying? LOL

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pamela.tx

Uncle Sam pays most of our expenses - we are on a fixed income. Bill is retired military - 20 years special forces/green berets. That is our biggest benefit besides great medical.

For cruises Bill finds the cheapest rates possible and they are dirt cheap but sometimes that means leaving from overseas. Easy with military hop benefits, but for without, that is where the cost comes in.

When we went from Rome (Civitevecchia), we went to 2 places in Egypt, 3 in India, through the Suez canal, Thailand, Malaysia, don't remember where else and ended in Singapore - it was $28.00 a day for the cruise for each of us.

However, the airfare from home to Italy and the airfare from Singapore was ridiculous but we had military benefits so we didn't have to pay for airfare and turned it into a world trip adding 4 days in Tokyo, 9 in Okinawa and then 3 weeks in Hawaii before going home.

Maybe we will win the lottery and can pay everyone's expenses. I don't need a bigger house or more of anything - so that is what I would do with it.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Henri Jean

I love how you share all your stories of travel. I hope to be able to do that too one of these days!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to deedee49

I love my ATG as well. I think I have finally gotten the hang of it but I still have not managed to use it for small projects yet.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

• Henri Jean Said:
Sure - everyone can come. Looks like after this ordeal with my son is over Bill would like to take a 2 week cruise from Boston and around Canada to see the fall leaves in mid October. Depends on surgery schedule. Then surgery will be at the end of the year or early next so we will stay home until Joe is completely recovered.

He wants to go on a 115 day cruise in January - don't think that will happen.

In spring we are definitely driving to Las vegas for a license plate meet. Then to San Diego - we should have our second granddaughter by then, due in early March. Then we will fly to Hawaii for a couple weeks.

After that Bill wants to go to Guam or the Philipines and we've been invited to Okinawa. Havne't been to Japan in 3 years so we may do that. Truth is, from Hawaii we are game to go anywhere the planes are going.

Will be gone at least 2-3 months. for our spring trip.

Bill also has his eye on a 49 day South American cruise, similar to the last one but this one goes very close to the antartic and also goes into the Amazon for several ports.

Wow I hope to be like you when I grow up!!! One day I will travel for now I am home raising babies!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I was home raising babies for a long time. Never went on a real vacation until I was 58 years old and never out of the country until I was almost 60.

Enjoy the baby raising days - retirement comes soon enough!

We are just so fortunate to have Bills military past which allows us to fly free wherever there is an American military base. Plus Bill knew he wanted to travel when he retired and saved up for his retirement his entire life.

Now, we are enjoying every minute of it!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-25-12 12:24 PM

ATG - I got mine from the advice of everyone here and have been loving it. Haven't had to change the roll yet but I use very little. I'm just going to bring it with me on my vacation and get Henri to meet me there

Rob and I are planning our 2013 trip. Neither of us has enough vacation time to do more than a 2 week trip each year. We started talking about where to go and my top choices are Seychelles Islands in South Africa, Russia, or Iceland. I also desperately want to go to Antarctica but we really need about 3 weeks for a trip like that. I can't WAIT until retirement!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Vae

I know what you mean. I bought my ATG because of everyone here too.

I can't wait until retirement.....only 16 more years!! WOO HOO!!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Vae

Just my .02 - it's all in the wrist-jerk at the end

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to meezerpleaser

Russia is worth the trip - I've been to Egypt which is not exactly South Africa, but at least the right country. Bill wants to go into the Amazon.

Neither of us have ever been to the antartic - we have a friend who goes a good bit on research ships and is there for months at a time. She even has one complete room in her house that is completely covered with her pictures of the antartic.

Trips to actually walk on the antartic are really expensive and require a research ship or a zodiac to get there. We've talked about it but don't think it will ever happen. National Geographic has a fantastic antartic exhibition tour - one of the reasons for travelling when you are younger. That one would be difficult with my bad knees getting in and out of the zodiac. Just the whole trip would be over my abilities.

teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh

The only problem I've had with the ATG is that the edge of the tape sometimes hangs off the applicator rollers. Hmm...don't know if I'm explaining properly, but does anyone else have that problem?

Btw, I'm so jealous of your retirement travels, Henri! I just started working two weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to retirement already

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to teenuh

My husband planned for this his whole life and made sure there would be no house payments or bills to pay when we reached this stage. Just utilities and insurances.

But there is another side to the coin. I was broken hearted when I missed a crop I wanted to go to last month. Sometimes I feel like we travel so much that I don't really have roots. When I moved to Florida 5 years ago it was very difficult to make friends because I was never home.

As much as I love to travel, I like to be at home too. I often wish I could be in two places at the same time!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to pamela.tx

When I got mine, my friend told me easy tips. Put your gun on the paper, Press trigger..roll. before you are at the end, release trigger. Keep your gun low not high. Then it works perfect.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 09-26-12 03:41 AM
In response to anda11

The ATG does take a little getting used to, but once you have it down, you will never look back. The biggest trick is to let go of the trigger, then pull up.

When reloading, you may need to watch youtube videos a couple of times. It becomes 2nd nature, but it was confusing at first.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to deedee49

I've wore one atg out it was 10 years old now have a pretty pink on....like the others said takes a little work to get used to but once you do you will be in love!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Sneezy1956

I love my pink ATG gun, I've never had issues with loading it, and i do a wrist wiggle at the end to get the tape to stick. my problem is i don't roll it slow enough and it repeatedly does not stick, but that's me and my impatience.

one trick if you mess up and want to move something that you've stuck down is to run dental floss under the thing you want to remove... it will get the adhesive to let up and it will still be sticky... otherwise the paper tends to rip if you change your mind and want to move something.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to outsidechic

Great tips ladies!

Jakki- that is a good tip to know because I did notice the adhesive is so good that I have to be sure where to place it.

I think I did pretty good at loading it but I still kept the instructions in there for future reference later because I am pretty dingy and tend to forget things often.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics