Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Following Blogs - How Do You Keep Up?        (Topic#1581053)
Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas

I recently started visiting several scrapbooking blogs and just found another lovely one today. Every single one is so nice and has so many great ideas. For those who follow blogs, how on earth do you keep up? Do you just follow ones that match your scrapping style? Or do you also follow others with a different style so you can get some new ideas? I think I could spend all day following blogs...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Mama2Thomas

I just follow whatever grabs my attention.
Sometimes it's their craft skills, sometimes it's their blog "story writing" abilities, sometimes I just enjoy their stories, period (well written or not).
I don't "keep up" necessarily.
I just read when I get a chance to.
And when I feel like I want to say something I will also comment from time to time.

There are a few people's blogs I am loyal to...but the rest I just check in whenI get the chance.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Mama2Thomas

I use a google reader app to follow all the blogs. If you have a google account, it's under the more tab and then go down to reader.

Google reader couldn't be easier, you just put in the blog address and it syncs all entries in a snap.

If you have an iPhone or an iPad, then use Feeddler. It's a free app and works with google reader so they sync.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to fknapoleon

I don't follow any scrapping blogs, but I do follow a lot of others and I manage them by using Google Reader. I follow blogs that interest or amuse me or that I get value out of, and I stop following them when I no longer find them funny or inspiring or otherwise worth my time.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to aquabunny

I don't manage them. I get many of them via email, and occasionally I'll read one when I feel like it. For some reason, I can't stand Google Reader, and completely forget to use it (probably because I just don't like it).

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Tina scraps

I usually checks at least once a day to blogs that interest me.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Mia1979

I have a blog and follow blogs as well. When I have time to surf, I pop in and visit my favs!!!

As a blogger, I am so grateful and happy for all my visits and followers!

Seaside Dreams
Veteran
Seaside Dreams
In response to binkiemonstermom

I use feedler on my iPad. Makes it way easier to keep up.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to Seaside Dreams

You guys rock! I am checking out this feedler thingy....thx all for the suggestion!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Debbie2006

I use Google Reader. I follow hundreds of blogs and it's the only way I could possibly manage to keep up.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to cindy312

i'm following via sage reader on mozilla - nice and easy, and you don't have to check the actual blogs to see if they have new entries, it's all right there. the only downside is that it's an addon to the browser, so i can only access it from one computer. love it! not just for scrappy blogs either - i've got recipes and comic strips and news blogs and other stuff

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to OlesyaK.

Google Reader...it makes it easy to skip ahead or just look at certain blogs for the day or read through all of them. Lately, I've been terrible about looking often, so about once a week, there are over 100 posts to catch up on, but with Google Reader, it is pretty fast and easy to do so.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to StarsNSparkles

I have a blog and just scroll daily through the list of blogs that I follow. I have several favorites, and others I just click on when the project photo, title or introduction interests me. I love blogging, and I love the bloggers I follow.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to tanyaham

I don't follow any blogs.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to t-scraps

I scroll through the blogs that I follow through wordpress as I am a blogger. Other blogs I keep track of through google reader or pin them to pinterest and check them out when I have time. I also follow many blogs through my twitter and when something catches my eye I either read the post or I save it to my pocket app and read it later. As a blogger I appreciate all readers and comments, they make me happy so I try to return the favor.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I look through my list of bloggers each day. I have my "regulars" and if there is a project that strikes my interest on other blogs I follow, then I will click on it and leave a message.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
I don't manage them. I get many of them via email, and occasionally I'll read one when I feel like it. For some reason, I can't stand Google Reader, and completely forget to use it (probably because I just don't like it).

I'm the same way. I've tried but just can't make friends with Google Reader.

For my absolute favorite blogs, I have updates e-mailed to me. And when I have time to spend, I'll just click through all the ones in my own Blog Roll. I like that they're linked on my blog so my own readers can discover them too.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Scrapbook Obsession

I just downloaded Google Reader the other day onto my iphone....we'll see how it works out!
Up to now, I've just read them on my computer when I have time....I've added the blogs I like to a folder in "my favourites" and I just click and read when I have the time....

Alison

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I just downloaded Google Reader the other day onto my iphone....

For the people who hate Google Reader... are you using your phone or a computer? I *love* Reader when I use it on the computer, but I can't stand the way it looks/works on my phone. Perhaps that's why some people love it and others hate it?

Cindy

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:
I just downloaded Google Reader the other day onto my iphone....

For the people who hate Google Reader... are you using your phone or a computer? I *love* Reader when I use it on the computer, but I can't stand the way it looks/works on my phone. Perhaps that's why some people love it and others hate it?

Cindy

I have no problem w/ G Reader either!
But I have never used it on my phone, so maybe that's why I'm fine w/ it...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics