Username Post: Withdrawls...        (Topic#1581055)
MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008

I have been absent from the boards (and my scrap room) since the end of August. I had serious health issues that required hospitalization and then physical and occupational therapy in a specialized facility. I am now home, but still receiving services inside my home.

I have been going through scrap booking withdrawals! Today my occupational therapist came over and we talked about getting into my scrapping room on Friday when she comes again, WOOOOO!! She also mentioned in the mean time to maybe ask hubby to take some of my supplies to the kitchen table. I laughed at that comment...

I need to make a dozen or more thank you cards for all the people who have gathered around us to help and I can't wait to get in there!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to MrsD2008

Welcome back and hope you keep doing better and better. Scrap therapy sounds like the best kind :>) ~Judy

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to mrsdriver5

I am doing well! I can get around a lot easier without help. Today was my first day home alone and it went as well as it could have. I really wanted to attempt to get into my scrapping room by myself this morning, but when I opened the door to recall how things were, I realized there was no way I could do it... :-(

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to MrsD2008

I'm sorry you couldn't go in by yourself. If I was closer to you, I would come over to help you.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to moxiegirl23

Awww....so sorry you've been ill, but glad you're better now. Hope you get to scrap soon!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to flintridgescrapper

So sorry to hear about your health problems! I can relate, I was zonked on pain pills for nearly a month before I had brain surgery on August 20th, and it was 3 weeks or so after my surgery before I had the strength or stamina to get back to my scrap room, and I was going nuts! Today was my first day back to work, and it felt so good to be heading back to my normal life! Have faith, recovery may be slow but in time this will all be a dim memory. I pray you continue to improve and get back to scrapping real soon!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-24-12 04:15 PM
In response to chocolateaxel

• chocolateaxel Said:
So sorry to hear about your health problems! I can relate, I was zonked on pain pills for nearly a month before I had brain surgery on August 20th, and it was 3 weeks or so after my surgery before I had the strength or stamina to get back to my scrap room, and I was going nuts! Today was my first day back to work, and it felt so good to be heading back to my normal life! Have faith, recovery may be slow but in time this will all be a dim memory. I pray you continue to improve and get back to scrapping real soon!

Wow you are going back to work already?? You must heal amazingly well.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-24-12 04:17 PM
In response to MrsD2008

• MrsD2008 Said:
I am doing well! I can get around a lot easier without help. Today was my first day home alone and it went as well as it could have. I really wanted to attempt to get into my scrapping room by myself this morning, but when I opened the door to recall how things were, I realized there was no way I could do it... :-(

Welcome back and hope your recovery continues well. I'll be thinking of you on Friday hoping that you can do a little scrapping.
In the meantime you can hang out here and enjoy right?

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to GMFTS

You mean that nobody made you some kind of kit so you can at least do a little scrapping in the hospital?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Lunareclipse

Ask, beg, plead for the therapist or your hubby to go get you some stuff!!! Scrapping might be the best form of therapy!!!!

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to Lunareclipse

• Lunareclipse Said:
You mean that nobody made you some kind of kit so you can at least do a little scrapping in the hospital?

The first stint in the local hospital I was in too much pain and taking in such bad news that I didn't even want to scrap, plus I could hardly sit up and I had 3 IVs in, so it was hard to do much of anything with my hands.

Then when I was transferred to a bigger hospital for the procedures I wasn't allowed to move for 24 hours after the first procedure, then I only had 12 hours (of which I slept on and off for 10 of those) of rest before the next procedure, then I couldn't move again for another 24 hours. The remainder of the week I still had those ******** IVs in.

When I got to rehab, I was requesting so many things from home and getting frustrated when my husband brought a wrong item, that I didn't dare start asking for scrapping items! But I got some crocheting done the last few days of rehab before coming home.

But imagine adding 'ATG, portable trimmer, DCWV _______ Stack' etc. to a list for your husband. Would he be able to pack the right items?! LOL Maybe I will make my own "emergency kits" he can grab in case I have to go back! Hahahaha

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to MrsD2008

So sorry to hear you haven't been well, glad you are on the road to recovery though. Scrappin' is probably the best therapy you could have! Hope you and your therapist are able to get things going for you again. Good luck venturing into your craft room again.

angik
angik 
Expert
angik
  • angik on 09-25-12 09:05 AM
In response to MrsD2008

hoping you are feeling better now, knowing how it is to need scrap therapy. Good to see you back around.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to angik

Happy to hear you are getting better!
I had a similar tho unplanned experience when I broke my leg a few years ago. I was in the hospital (3 different ones) for 2 months! I had brought nothing but the clothes on my back when I went in and my guy only visited twice in that time (he does not drive and buses do not come out where we live) I felt lucky to get a tooth brush and my tube of crest when he did visit. But I had to go back for a skin graft because I was not healing properly and I took a card making kit with me and stamped images to color and a few scrappy things to work on. I was so happy I did because I had to stay a week because of complications!! But I had everyone looking at what I was working on and had lots of conversation about it.
That is a great idea to have a few things already put together for Hubby to bring in case you have to go back in. It is funny how we are so easily stressed by being out of our element at home, but wonderful how some scrappy supplies can help us feel better!
Take Care and continue to Heal!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to MrsD2008

Glad you are back. I am glad yo are getting better. I hope you are able to get a little scrap thing going soon.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics