Username Post: I need help!        (Topic#1581067)
lisajellybean27
New Kid On the Block
lisajellybean27

Ok I am in need of help please! I have a little business I make children's letters I paint and decorate them but recently I have used the scrapbook paper on the top with mod podge but the paper comes off! I tried to use white wood glue it seems to work Ok but I am worried about the paper coming off later I am not going to sell them if the paper will come off waste of money. So can anyone give me some tips on how to keep the papers stay on. Thank you so much!

Edited by lisajellybean27 on 09-26-12 04:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to lisajellybean27

Modge Podge, and it comes in matte, satin, glossy, glitter, you get the idea. You can use one layer to adhere the paper, let it dry, then coat the top of that with Modge Podge again like a sealer.

Not good to use on extremely humid days.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• lisajellybean27 Said:
Ok I am in need of help please! I have a little business I make children's letters I paint and decorate them but recently I have used the scrapbook paper on the top with modge podge but the paper comes off! I tried to use white wood glue it seems to work Ok but I am worried about the paper coming off later I am not going to sell them if the paper will come off waste of money. So can anyone give me some tips on how to keep the papers stay on. Thank you so much!

Hmmm, did you adhere it with Mod Podge, let it dry and then seal over the top afterwards? I've never heard of it failing like that.
I use Liquid Laminate by Beacon Adhesives and I have never had any problems with it coming off afterwards. I decorated my daughter's doll house by using paper on the walls and floors and even with heavy use and dirty hands, it never came off or even budged.

whateveriwant
Resident
whateveriwant
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
Modge Podge, and it comes in matte, satin, glossy, glitter, you get the idea. You can use one layer to adhere the paper, let it dry, then coat the top of that with Modge Podge again like a sealer.

Not good to use on extremely humid days.

She already said that she used Mod Podge. Well, actually she said she used "Modge Podge" but I'm not aware of there being anything but Mod Podge. Although I see ppl calling it that all the time! Must be a mix between Mod Podge and hodge podge, LOL.

lisajellybean27
New Kid On the Block
lisajellybean27
In response to whateveriwant

Sorry I knew I spelled it right the first time lol. To answer you question yep I did adhere it first let dry & apply it on top & it still did it! I don't if I am putting too much on or too little but I am getting very frustrated!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

Are the letters you're using painted or sealed? You'll have better luck with unsealed, unpainted letters.

Diva
In response to Here Kitty

Asking the same question. WHat is the letters, material? That maybe the reason why Mod Podge is not working.

lisajellybean27
New Kid On the Block
lisajellybean27

They are wood letters from Joann Fabrics but they are white when I buy them, I always sand them then do my painting then the podge, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong :o(

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

So you're painting them and then Mod Podging over the top? If so, the paint can inhibit the ability of the Mod Podge from sticking as well as it should.

lisajellybean27
New Kid On the Block
lisajellybean27

I paint the sides & middle I don't do anything with the top except sand it. I have watched videos on how to make these types of letters & am doing everything that the video says to do

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

In that case, I don't know why the Mod Podge is coming loose. I've used it before and never had that happen. Like I said, thought, I use Liquid Laminate these days - it even comes in a non-aerosol spray bottle.

lisajellybean27
New Kid On the Block
lisajellybean27

Thank you for all your responses! I went to joann's & got beacons 3 in 1 tried it & it worked!!!! yay!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics