Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: I have WAY too much paper!        (Topic#1581081)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I have an organization set up for my paper but it does get messy what with pulling out and putting back paper all the time (cardstock and pp) so today I decided to clean it up.....
Well, I ended up getting rid of a bunch that I know I'm never going to use (all those pieces that I look at and say, "what was I thinking?") I also found a whole bunch of papers that I didn't know I had...some really neat ones!
My LSS has a garage sale next month so I'm going to get rid of a whole bunch of stuff....
I still have a whopping amount of paper, though...I have enough to scrap for probably a year and not buy any new....but I know I will!

It helped to see which types I have a lot of, though and which ones I don't have a lot of....

Alison (admiring the very neat stacks of all my paper now!)

Resident
In response to kiyawinn

.... I have no pity for you on the too much paper... but I will join your club!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to must_love_paper

Blasphemy!!!!

There is no such thing as too much paper.

You never know when you might use that pp you've had for 10 years that you're sick of looking at. I just did that a couple of months ago when making cards.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to pugs223

I've been wanting to organize my paper for awhile now but too scared to actually see how much i have!!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to kiyawinn

No such thing. But I did do an inventory of my paper and my stamps. Twice I purchased a stamp I already had!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-25-12 03:43 PM
In response to CrimsonMama

I organized my paper recently too... sometimes I just love going through them and looking at them. I feel bad stacking them back up and putting them in their boxes. Wish I had enough space to display them like in an LSS

...eh... I tell my DH that he's lucky... some people collect shoes, and they take up a lot more space!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
No such thing. But I did do an inventory of my paper and my stamps. Twice I purchased a stamp I already had!

A few weeks ago, I purchased two Bo Bunny paper packs I already had. I could have taken them back but I figure they won't go to waste.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to pugs223

I can join the too much paper club, also. I should start by sorting ALL of it into 2 stacks... stuff I like and UGLY paper. I bought several slabs on sale especially when I was starting to craft and that ugly stuff in those slabs seems to have multiplied itself. YIKES>>>>> >>>>>>& gt;>>>>>

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I feel like I could never have enough paper/cardstock. Just this past weekend I drove the 60 miles to stock-up and while organizing my new stash into my old I realized I only had 5 sheets of 12x12 white cardstock. Bought every color under the sun but that. Guess I will have to settle for what they have at Wal-mart.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to shortmouse

Yes! I discovered when sorting that I don't have enough white, black or kraft......can you believe it? The Essentials!

Jarvae, yes, I too wish I had a better display for my paper....I forget the good ones that I do have because they are somewhat hidden away!

Crimson Mama....I recently bought a stamp that I already have as well but it was only a $1.50 at Ms and I don't feel like driving all the way back, would cost me more in gas than the stamp is worth so I'll probably just sell it in the LSS garage sale!

Alison

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to shortmouse

I opened my sb box that was delivered today...and of course pulled out some paper. Hubby asked if he should just put it on the pile. At least he's trained... ~Judy

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to mrsdriver5

• mrsdriver5 Said:
I opened my sb box that was delivered today...and of course pulled out some paper. Hubby asked if he should just put it on the pile. At least he's trained... ~Judy

LOL! Yes, I have *several piles*....and am picking up my Halloween order from here at the Post Office tomorrow.....

On another note....why is it that I keep ordering Halloween paper when I only do maybe one Halloween layout per year (and I even skipped a couple years)....it's all so cute and/or pretty but I really don't use it much!
I understand the Christmas stuff 'cause I can make cards with it but I don't even do Halloween cards......

Alison

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-25-12 05:32 PM
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
...eh... I tell my DH that he's lucky... some people collect shoes, and they take up a lot more space!

Wait ... shoes are bad?!?!

Alison, I'm bad about keeping black/white/kraft in stock, too - it's so much more fun to buy the pretty patterns and textures!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-25-12 05:49 PM
In response to stick

• stick Said:
  • Jarvae Said:

Wait ... shoes are bad?!?!

Hey, I never said they're bad, I just said they take up more space! It's the one thing that I *don't* collect, and I use that to draw attention away from all the things I do collect like scrappy stuff and purses. And shot glasses. And books. And... oh nevermind.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to kiyawinn

I love paper. I have lots of pretty paper (and some not so pretty). Whenever I buy new paper, DH will ask "Do you need more paper?". I answer, "When did need ever enter into the equation?" He just sighs and leaves me alone to my hording.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-25-12 06:00 PM
In response to Mother Goose

LOL, Jarvae! I've got a LOT of collections going on, too - shoes, boots, whisks, fabric, tiki mugs, bear figurines (I love my bears!) ... there's a lot more, lol - luckily my DH is the same, we just have to make sure we have more or less equal amounts of space.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to stick

I run out of black and white way too often...so I started buying it by the ream at the office supply stores! It is archival safe and all that but the price per sheet is like 3 cents! But it costs more in one trip because I am buying reams I don't shop often but when I do the man is like "OMG!!! Why do you need so much?" I tell him this will last me all year! And it does

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

I agree with Peg..you can not have too much paper.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 09-26-12 03:48 AM
In response to anda11

I always enjoy going through my paper stash and reorganizing and purging. There's always some: "oh, yeah, I forgot I bought that" momeents!

Re: the LSS garage sale - I've never sold anything at our the LSS garage sales but the owner said that paper doesn't sell well. At our garage sales, she said people are mostly looking for tools and stamps.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to IzzyB

Yeah, I tried and mostly failed to sell a handful of sheets at a scrapbook garage sale, and I almost never look through other people's stacks of paper when I shop. I've bought kits and themed packs and stamps and punches and stickers and Sizzix dies and embellishments, and one time a bag of assorted ribbons and trims, and some pads of assorted colors of cardstock (like the Sizzix Little Sizzles pads), but looking through my pictures of scrapbook shopping bargain hauls it looks like I have never bought actual paper.

I've also got rather too much paper, but you know how it is, as soon as I get rid of it I'll find need for it.

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics