Page 3 of 5 
Username Post: I have WAY too much paper!        (Topic#1581081)
Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to stvmom2

My experience buying paper at garage sales is not good. They usually sell them in ziploc bags stapled shut. I bought a pack that of the two papers I could see where great quality papers from designers I loved, when I got home those were the only good papers in the pack. Another pack reaked with smoke when I opened it. I now avoid paper at g-sales.

Edited by Sherrenae on 09-27-12 05:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to aquabunny

when I get my new craft space i'm going to do better about sorting my paper. Well, at least that's the plan

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to cescrapper

• cescrapper Said:
when I get my new craft space i'm going to do better about sorting my paper. Well, at least that's the plan

that's what I said too. Well I at least have it in a cabinet when my room is clean. But while I'm working, I'm tripping over it and I still can't find what I'm looking for.

Then there are those new paper packs that don't fit in the cabinet....

My paper just keeps multiplying!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-27-12 07:58 AM
In response to stvmom2

My husband is often surprised at how much paper I have, and that I can make room for more .... but he recently finally realized that my paper is really cool and that he can play with it, too (he makes paper airplanes, cards sometimes, gift tags, etc.). I encourage him to use it so I can buy more, lol.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to stick

That's the way to do it Stick! I do the same thing with my honey...he started making cards too. It's funny to see him hard at work making something because he realized how fun and exciting it can be. When he sees me coming in with Tuesday Morning bags he always asks, "What did you buy US now?"

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to Mother Goose

My scrap buddy and I always say " There's a difference between need and want "..

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to SmartyPants

Hi Carla... and do you know , there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with being a paper addict. or being addicted to flowers , ribbons ( like my BF ) rub onsc ect ect ...

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62
In response to pamela.tx

Tit for Tat Pamela... His guns against your shoes. I love it.. In our house it's my scrapping stash against the motorbikes, but as half the bikes are mine anyway , I WIN !!!!

Edited by ajsophios62 on 09-27-12 02:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to ajsophios62

too much paper????

perhaps you should look at my signature

Expert
In response to pamela.tx

• pamela.tx Said:
That's the way to do it Stick! I do the same thing with my honey...he started making cards too. It's funny to see him hard at work making something because he realized how fun and exciting it can be. When he sees me coming in with Tuesday Morning bags he always asks, "What did you buy US now?"

Dont' you just love Tuesday Morning? They had a great sale on paper this past week..and embellishments..got some great buys.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to deedee49

Too much paper? I'm sorry.....I don't quite see the problem

Veteran
In response to Luvmyfam

Didn't know anyone could have too much PAPER!!!!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to SHARON ELISE

Well, I need MORE! Just did a page this morning, and realized I am out of certain greens and blues in my cardstock stash. Mostly muted tones, I have plenty of brights. I also need some Halloween papers, and so on and so on....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

I can honestly say that I can go 10 years without buying any patterned paper. I would need some cardstock becuase I match it to my patterned or my pictures.

But patterned - I'm probably set for life if truth be told.

I have one box with a stack at least 3' high of patterned paper - have never looked at it or gone through it. I have to work down my stash a bit before I have room for the new stuff.

Its all stuff I picked out and is lovely but there is no room for it so it is in a box and when some of my paper containers aren't so full I'll take a handful of the new stuff and fill it up again.

I have had this stack of new stuff for over a year - no idea what is in there but they are papers I picked out one sheet at a time so I know I love them.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Henri Jean

I am obviously the odd one out. I have two 12x12 cropper hopper storage things of patterned paper and that is too much for me!
Now cardstock, that's a whole different game. I can never ever ever have enough cardstock. Good cardstock at least.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to fknapoleon

This thread is the best, I wish I could go through and click the "like" button on these comments.
Okay so I shouldn't feel bad that in addition to all my card stock and patterned paper I have a very large basket that holds just Bo Bunny paper and matching embellishments but emphasis on paper?

.....besides isn't having a large stash one of the few but sacred rules of scrapbooking???

LinneaB
New Kid On the Block
LinneaB
In response to jaxxan

I love paper. I have 6 feet of card stock and will use it all but never seem to have the right colors. I buy card stock in bulk twice a year when I find a great price. Bazzill and AC are my preference.

I also have 9 feet of patterned paper. At this point I don't use patterned paper in very many of my layouts but I do love to look at it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LinneaB

Your stash sounds exactly like mine - my coardstock is only about 5 feet but my patterned is 9-10 feet altogether. About 3 feet of the patterned is stored in bin which is put away and difficult to get to until more room is available in other bins.

Seems like I used 4 or 5 sheets of patterned paper a day but it isn't making a dent!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Henri Jean

Lol I know what you mean Henri Jean! My problem with paper is two-fold. I have way too much of it and when I do use it I usually use like a 3 inch strip of it so 9 inches of it goes back into my stash. It just keeps multiplying!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to godschild94

It does multiply. Thing is, I use a lot of it, but the stack doesn't go down. It gets taller!

When I find paper I like I buy 3 sheets and if I love it I buy 5 sheets. If I buy less then I'm hesitant to use it!

So much I only have one sheet of - I need to go through and pick out all the patterned paper I only have one sheet of and put it in a bin by itself. Last night I was doing a 2-pager and kept pulling papers that I only had one sheet of.

Page 3 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics