Page 4 of 5 
Username Post: I have WAY too much paper!        (Topic#1581081)
pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
  • pamela.tx Said:
That's the way to do it Stick! I do the same thing with my honey...he started making cards too. It's funny to see him hard at work making something because he realized how fun and exciting it can be. When he sees me coming in with Tuesday Morning bags he always asks, "What did you buy US now?"

Dont' you just love Tuesday Morning? They had a great sale on paper this past week..and embellishments..got some great buys.

I can usually find some great things at Tuesday Morning. The bad thing is I usually spend at least $75, but I do look like Mrs. Claus walking out of there with my big bag of goodies.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
I can join the too much paper club, also. I should start by sorting ALL of it into 2 stacks... stuff I like and UGLY paper. I bought several slabs on sale especially when I was starting to craft and that ugly stuff in those slabs seems to have multiplied itself. YIKES>>>>> >>>>>>& gt;>>>>>

ROFL I totally relate to this organizing! I do cute then ugly/give away pile. Then my cute pile goes boy/girl -- then from that it goes into color

Resident
In response to Sassie

Speaking of too much paper I have been on a cardmaking binge lateley and used up 4 6x6 pads, and a guess would be about 40 sheets of 12x12, then the cardstock for all the card bases, I have made about 215 cards in a month. so what did I do... ordered like 100 dollars worth of paper... yup thats how I use it up lol

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to must_love_paper

Hang on. 9 feet of patterned paper? As in, all your sheets of paper stacked on top of each other with no space in between would make a stack 9 feet high? Or do you mean the amount of storage space you have for it, counting shelves and spacing?

My paper and card-stock together, including collection kits and 6x6"/8x8"/12x12" pads, all fits into 3 magazine holders measuring 3.5", 3.5" and 5.5". And I lose track of what I have.

9 feet?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel

It would be about 5' stacked one sheet on top of the other.

I think mine is about 9' in bins but if I actually stacked the paper on top of each other it would be about 5' because all the bins are not full. Like "food" has room for more, "License plates" has room for more, so does "tropical".

The big rolling container that I never look at has about 3' and I thought it was all patterned paper but seems I bought a lot of cardstock at Tuesday morning last year so it may be a mixture.

I know I have enough patterned paper to last a lifetime but always need more cardstock.

Actually there is room for a lot more paper on my carstook rack so I may start putting more cardstock away today. I'm running low on some colrs and I dont' want to buy them becuase they may be in the big bin. No idea what I have in there, just know it is all 12 x 12.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Henri Jean

Hmmmm...why do I suddenly have the urge to take all of my paper out of the cabinet and holders, stack it on the floor and stand with my back to it and see if it's taller than me?

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
Sometimes I can look at a piece of paper and think it's ugly and no matter what I do with it, the LO is ugly.

Then I find a BEAUTIFUL LO in the gallery and upon looking for the details, I see the artist used that same ugly piece of paper and it's gorgeous in the LO.

So maybe that's why the paper packs come with such a variety.

That is too funny Peg!!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• must_love_paper Said:
Speaking of too much paper I have been on a cardmaking binge lateley and used up 4 6x6 pads, and a guess would be about 40 sheets of 12x12, then the cardstock for all the card bases, I have made about 215 cards in a month. so what did I do... ordered like 100 dollars worth of paper... yup thats how I use it up lol

Congrats on getting that many done. Congrats on buying more!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

I didn't actually stack it all up - I stuck my ruler into each bin to see how deep the paper was then added it all together.

But I am going through a lot of it! Been scrapping a lot so I've been using a lot.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-02-12 07:16 PM

Mine is only about 3 feet I think. It takes up just a bit more than one bookshelf, and it's all packed into holders with no space at all. So maybe 3.5 feet.

All I know is that my LSS got the Prima Craftsman (well, some of it) and I had to go get 2 of each. Plus the Birdsong paper pad has been calling my name so I went ahead and got that too.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Vae

i have no idea what paper i have anymore. how do u all keep it straight. i bought tons of paper two years ago, patterned and card stock. then i went back to college, the my husband was diagnosed with cancer. i have graduated school, my husband has passed away and i am ready to start scrapping again. but i just can't remember for the life of me what i have, what i need, and dont even know where to start. as for amounts, i have about 7 of those 12x12 paper carriers full of cardstock, and one of those wheelie scrap bags full of patterned, and about 2 feet high of 8.5x11 stacked with no space. so even though the last time i was scrapping regularly this all made sense to me, it no longer does...how do i get reorganized. thanks for the ideas.

Resident
In response to abbynormaloh75

• abbynormaloh75 Said:
i have no idea what paper i have anymore. how do u all keep it straight. i bought tons of paper two years ago, patterned and card stock. then i went back to college, the my husband was diagnosed with cancer. i have graduated school, my husband has passed away and i am ready to start scrapping again. but i just can't remember for the life of me what i have, what i need, and dont even know where to start. as for amounts, i have about 7 of those 12x12 paper carriers full of cardstock, and one of those wheelie scrap bags full of patterned, and about 2 feet high of 8.5x11 stacked with no space. so even though the last time i was scrapping regularly this all made sense to me, it no longer does...how do i get reorganized. thanks for the ideas.

take it all out stack it on top of eachother and see if it is taller then you... I am not sure what to tell you to do... all my cardstock is organized by color all my paper is by manufacturer and then subdivided by paper line.. all my paper pads are stored in crates I got at walmart (I have 2 1/2 crates full I know my paper is taller then me i am 5'6" random fact) then my 8x8 and 6x6 are all stored together as well... emellishments weather they go with a paper line or not go with their like counterparts... so prima flowers are stored with prima flowers not with the paper line.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75

mines not taller than me YET...lol...but while i was working on an album this weekend i was going through my papers looking for some silver metallic that i thought i had, (cant find it of course) and then found myself saying, i bought this??? why??? so i am hoping once i am back to scrapping more regularly, that it will all make sense to me. as for my embellies...lol...dont even get me started.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to abbynormaloh75

The very absolute best advice for organizing your papers is to organize it the way you scrap.

If you scrap and want particular manufacturer's papers - then organize by manufacturer.

If you look for dominate colors in patterned paper, then have bins for each color - like stripes, dot, and flowers that are mostly blue.

If you scrap by theme - organize by theme. That is my preferred method. I have a bin for food, USA travel, International travel, holidays, cruise (mostly ship stuff and water patterns or patterns that go with water layouts), tropical (Tropical flowers, beach, shells, palm trees etc), Baby, Textured & stitched, glitter & glossy - but that is how I scrap - by theme.

I have 3 bins of misc and that is all my colors in patterns - and its all patterns that are not themed - just a mixture of strips and dots and swirls and paisleys.

I also have a misc. theme bin which has hospital, animal (getting ready to do a separate bin for animal themed and zoo and aquarium paper) and the misc. theme has butterfly paper and pages with musical notes.

But organizing papers will only work if you organize them the way you scrap.

A lot of people here scrap by manufacturer and that does not work for me at all. But it may work for you.

I think most of us store our solid cardstock separately by color.

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to stvmom2

I try to purge mine once a year and donate it to school art teachers or friends who scrap and want it. I organized my scraps by color, and am trying to use them too... but I love paper so it's a never ending thing... LOL

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to DaisyButton

i agree with Henri Jean, i am not a manufacturer scrapper, glad i am not alone. i like the theme idea and that is what i think i was trying to do when i put it all away for a couple years. i just have to get back to it now...thanks

ajsophios62
Diva
ajsophios62

ha ha ha I love all the comments about ' too much paper '. You girls make me laugh.. I'm in there as deep as all of you , I mean you just never know when you might want to use something and I see nothing wrong with a stash 3 , 4 or 6 ' high And as to letting the man into the scrap room... never in my house. He's got his ' cave ' down the back and my scraproom is sacred territory.. Chat to you all later. Angela

Diva
In response to ajsophios62

Same with me. When I go to the store I will tell myself, no more paper..then, I look at them...and get soem all the time. No self-control!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to ajsophios62

• ajsophios62 Said:
ha ha ha I love all the comments about ' too much paper '. You girls make me laugh.. I'm in there as deep as all of you , I mean you just never know when you might want to use something and I see nothing wrong with a stash 3 , 4 or 6 ' high And as to letting the man into the scrap room... never in my house. He's got his ' cave ' down the back and my scraproom is sacred territory.. Chat to you all later. Angela

My husband likes to scrap too. That's ok with me because we get to spend some time together. What's the point of scrapping about us spending some time together if we're apart when we do it.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Lunareclipse

Welp, I did it AGAIN!

I purchased a pad of K & Company that I already had and forgot. Good thing I got it 40% off. Seriously, I did not have my inventory with me.

I have purchased paper twice on purpose. One of my faves is Mariposa by DCWV and I found a pad on clearance for $4 bucks! No brainer to repeat that. I also purchased The Paper Studio Poetic Postage 8.5x11 twice on purpose....also on sale so 2 for the price of one.

I'm not taking the K&Co (Life's Journey) back because I can use it for my genology book, that's why I wanted it. It has some vintage newspaper and I really wanted that so....I was looking for 8.5x11 vintage newspaper but have not found what I want.

Apparently my memory is NOT GOOD

Page 4 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics