Page 1 of 21 
Username Post: CHRISTMAS ELABORATE TAG SWAP - due 12/10 Taking Sign ups now!        (Topic#1581093)
pennysan
Pro
pennysan

For this swap let your imagination go wild and create a few works of art with a Christmas theme. Tags are due to be mailed to me by DEC. 10th. We have 4 groups of tags: Santa, Snow, Tree, and General Holiday (Anything Christmas or New Years goes).

Below find two examples from our own sb.com gallery: Yes, we are expecting your work to match the quality of these samples!!:

Made by ekskou Made by txerica

The tags themselves:
This swap will be a 5 + 1 tag swap. You will make 5 to mail to me and keep one for yourself.

Tag size...should be either a #8 standard size shipping tag (6 1/4 x 3 1/8) or any shape that is roughly around 5-6" long.

Tags need to be made of a sturdy material of your choice, preferably chipboard.

This is an elaborate tag swap. All tags MUST include top of the line products and at least five embellishments (suggestions include glitter, hat pins, buttons, flowers, paperclips, mousetraps, ribbon, staples,lace, rhinestones, charms, pearls, beads, and etc.) and of these five, three must be different. Example you can have 3 flowers, one ribbon, and a paperclip. You cannot just have 5 flowers.
You must also use two different techniques on your tag (such as pop up dots, fussy cutting, chalking, sewing, inking the edges, paint splatter, etc.) NO flat tags allowed for this swap...they must all POP and be dimensional, covered with gorgeous papers and/or fabrics and be loaded down with quality embellishments!
The backs do not have to be covered..
On the back of your wonderful creation, please let us know you created it.
These tags need to be very elaborate. They must be adorned with embellishments and be something that you would be proud to receive. Whether you use a ticket, print a poem or use vellum sayings, your tag must "say" something. It can be one word or it can be phrases, but it must tie into our theme. Suggestions include Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, Our Tree, Let it Snow, etc.

Your tags DO NOT have to be the same. Create 6 very unique tags, if you so desire or send in 5 of the same design tags!

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you do your BEST work on these! The bar is set high, but you will be receiving fabulous works of art so don't hold back on the creativity!

Please post pictures of your completed tag or tags in your gallery and here.
Packaging and Mailing:

The tags must be placed into a ziploc bag or some other type of plastic bag to be sent in to keep them safe from damage during shipment.

Tags should be mailed to me no later than Dec. 10th. You must use a delivery confirmation and post that number to the group.
Please provide a return envelope OR package in a manner that your envelope can be reused. I would prefer to recycle. I will ship to the return address on the package unless otherwise noted.
Please package swaps in a ziplock bag to protect from the elements or accidents in shipping.

Include the same amount of stamps/funds that it cost you to mail the package to me PLUS an additional 2 stamps. (forever stamps work great in the US) Please do not send the printed metered strip as they expire immediately.
I will PM you my address.

Please note: your goodies will be shipped back to you by me approximately two weeks after the swap closes. This allows time for all your gorgeous creations to get to me. So since this swap closes Dec. 10th...your goodies will be shipped back to you, hopefully by Christmas.

General Rules:
Please leave a comment below to join this swap. Please tell us what we should call you.

Weekly check-ins are required. A simple hi or jci (just checking in) is ok. Your last check in should be when you have received your package back.

Please keep in mind that we take flaking very seriously. Do not sign up for this swap if you cannot complete it. These are due during a very busy time of the year. If life gets in the way, please have the courtesy to let us know.
Please let us know when you’ve shipped your tags (and post you DC #) and when you have received your swap back.
The main rule is to have FUN!

Santa Tags
pennysan/Penny
all4ty/Pam
mwendt7/melissa

tcletoaddison/Toni
emcgsmom
Sassy Suzi

Tree Tags
pennysan/Penny
all4ty/Pam
mwendt7/melissa
tcletoaddison/Toni

Snow Tags
pennysan/Penny
all4ty/Pam
mwendt7/melissa
Melissa Birlem

JessicaLB
ChristieAnn45
Chaton 13

General Holiday Tags
pennysan/Penny
all4ty/Pam
mwendt7/Melissa

provinca/Anna
Diamond Events by Tiffany/Tiffany
lunareclipse

jacquie44 /Jacquie
tcletoaddison/Toni
euroalien/Yvonne

LaTarris
Sassy Suzi
under5feet/corky
ChristieAnn45
sciberrasjjj/julia

Edited by pennysan on 12-20-12 09:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to pennysan

Hi Penny! Please sign me up for a spot in the General Christmas group. (LOL - I never know what's going to end up on the card until I sit down to make it so I can't commit to "Santa" or "trees" )

all4ty
all4ty 
Diva
all4ty
In response to provinca

I'll take a spot in each group

mwendt7
Guru
mwendt7
In response to all4ty

Ok, what the heck. I will take one in each group as well.

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to mwendt7

Pam, Melissa, and Anna - got ya down and thanks for joining this swap!!

Edited by pennysan on 09-26-12 10:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

silver26AK
Diva
silver26AK
In response to pennysan

Watching this one. Gotta get other swaps done first, then I'll decide if I can join

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to silver26AK

I would like a spot in General Christmas, please.

Tiffany

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

Can I have a spot in general christmas? I've never made tags before, but I would love to try.

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to Lunareclipse

Tiffany and Lunareclipse, got ya down for general Christmas.

I checked out your ATC cards Lunareclipse and don't think you'll have any problem with the tags.

Glad you've both joined our swap!!

jacquie44
Expert
jacquie44
In response to pennysan

I would love to join this for the General Christmas Tag

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to pennysan

• pennysan Said:
Tiffany and Lunareclipse, got ya down for general Christmas.

I checked out your ATC cards Lunareclipse and don't think you'll have any problem with the tags.

Glad you've both joined our swap!!

Thank you. I am glad you let me join!

Edited by Lunareclipse on 09-26-12 06:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to jacquie44

Tree tag, Santa and general christmas please

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to tcletoaddison

What are mouse traps?

pennysan
Pro
pennysan

mouse traps are actual mouse traps that you decorate and use as decorations on your scrap pages.

So glad you've joined us Toni and Jacquie!!!

Toni, you're a regular in my swaps now and I'm sooo glad. Your tags are wonderful!!

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to pennysan

Hi Penny!

If this is still open can I pleasse have a spot in the General Holiday Group.

Thx!
Yvonne

pennysan
Pro
pennysan
In response to Euroalien

Yvonne, we just posted this swap and will probably keep it open until just before it's due so I put you down for a spot in general.

Still have the beautiful door knob decoration that you made for me in Martica's swap. And can't wait to see what your tags will look like here....

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to pennysan

Tanks Penny!
Is that the umbrella shaped one you have?

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to Euroalien

Thanks. I am ready to get started and get in the spirit....

LOL...maybe I should wait till I get past teh Halloween spirit...LOL

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to pennysan

• pennysan Said:
mouse traps are actual mouse traps that you decorate and use as decorations on your scrap pages.

So glad you've joined us Toni and Jacquie!!!

Toni, you're a regular in my swaps now and I'm sooo glad. Your tags are wonderful!!

I have to see a picture of a decorated mouse trap. I'm sure the picture in my mind is totally different than the actual result.

joydee1963
Mayor
joydee1963

I am thinking about this one,I love Christmas! So I got tons of christmas paper,Hmmmmmm,

Page 1 of 21 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics