Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: Smash books...        (Topic#1581103)
arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to arteshamac

Thanks for everyone who posted wonderful suggestions and comments. I will be getting a smash book:) You talked me into it! Lol! Have an awesome Thursday! xoxo

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I'm trying to decide if I should wait until January to start using it and then use it to document all of 2013 or start as soon as I get it?
I guess I'll just have to play it by ear.

Why not start using the one you just ordered now and continue using it for whatever you choose to put in it...then order a second one specifically for 2013. Maybe the 2013 more for day to day things that happen, but the other one for thoughts, lists, doodling...whatever.

My 20-yr-old granddaughter has something like 4 or 5 smashbooks + a couple of journals going. Several years ago she wanted to do sbing, so we bought her tons of stuff for Christmas...and it sat in her room. She used some of the paper to make cards, but that was it. Finally she needed the space and money and sold it all to her mom :>) But the smashbooks and journals she's really gotten into.~Judy

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to mrsdriver5

Yes Judy that's probably what I will do!
I figure if I start on it this year, I can always buy another for next year, there's plenty of time to do so if I start using this one. But if I don't well than I already have one for next year.
I have 2 events I am going to, plus my b-day, next month...so I can already imagine I will not be able to wait until next year! Hahahahahaha!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

My daughter and I are registered for the Smashbook class at the CK convention next weekend. The class kit looks pretty good and I'm really excited. i'm going to make my smashbook about ME. I always scrap the family and kids stuff, but never me. i'm not even IN half our vacation pix because I'm the one taking the pix. I'm going to make it all about the things I like and the things I've done

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to 4tgrfans

• 4tgrfans Said:
My daughter and I are registered for the Smashbook class at the CK convention next weekend. The class kit looks pretty good and I'm really excited. i'm going to make my smashbook about ME. I always scrap the family and kids stuff, but never me. i'm not even IN half our vacation pix because I'm the one taking the pix. I'm going to make it all about the things I like and the things I've done

Excellent idea!!!!!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to 4tgrfans

A smash book about you is a fabulous idea!

Diva

MIne is about my travels and where I would love to visit.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to bayamonesa1

Awesome idea!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

went to Target today and some of their "Smash" stuff was on sale. Bought 2 pens (always good to have extra) for $1.48 each, regularly $2.99 each and 2 different Smash pads (30 sheets each) for .98 cents each, regularly $1.99 each. The books themselves weren't on sale though - $12.99 but I got mine off of Amazon for $10.
I think it was meant to be! LOL!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Wowzer! Thanks...I will check the Target here this evening:) I love when my scrappin' stuff is on sale or clearance:) Great finds! BTW I love your layouts, Doreena, especially your doodling. Doodling always makes me nervous because I feel as if I am going to mess my layouts up! Any tips?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Awww...you're so sweet!
But, I wouldn't call what I do "doodling" , its more like "outlining".
If that's what you want to do it's really easy:
> use a good pen - I use the fine tip side of my black zigs for almost all of my outlining
> follow the edge of whatever you're outlining/use it as your guide
> go slowly
and even if it's a little crooked, it doesn't matter...in fact I think it helps w/ the artistic/homemade look of it!
Funny thing is I was a bit afaraid at first and now, I don't feel a layout is finished unless I outline some of it! LOL!
I'm actually trying to cut-back on it because I was starting to think I did it too much!
But I do get a lot of compliments so mayb I should just stick w/ it.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Well, I love your "outlining" and keep doing it;) I think I may get enough nerve to try it on a layout soon! Lol!

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue

for those of you with a Michaels nearby-their XL Smash books are $ 14.99 on sale but there is a web coupon for an addtl 20 or 25 % OFF today only Though....you still have time!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to mizzblue

I didn't know they had XL ones. I will have to stop by after I drop my daughter off at her Homecoming dance tonight. Thanks for the info, MizzBlue;)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

got my book in the mail today and im going out tonight, somewhere new, in Hollywood... coincidence? i think not! hahaha! so much for waiting until next year...

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue

I have some pictures of my first SMASH book on my blog but they weren't that good...So I re-photographed them for my friends. You can check it out HERE :

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to mizzblue

Just checked your blog out, Kate! You are awesome for letting me take a peek into your SMASHING world! Now the question is will it be so addicting that it comes before my layouts? Hmmm...

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Happy SMASHING, Doreena;)

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue

thanks for coming by! Hope I inspired you in some small way...SMASHING never takes precedence over scrapping in my book ever! But SMASHING is a great weekend project, or a great thing while traveling...I hope to work on my next one this week so come back by sometime!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-01-12 04:03 AM
In response to mizzblue

Love, love, love my smash book!! Lot's of times I'll practice a technique or play with a new stamp and it will come out so cute I won't want to throw it away. Instead of collecting them in a little basket, I smash them collage style onto a "page of unwanted art" I am just loving this page. Enjoy your smash book!

Lunie

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics