Page 3 of 5 
Username Post: Smash books...        (Topic#1581103)
arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Lunie

Thanks so much! I can't wait to get started:)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to arteshamac

Okay had to share!
My Smash book - I got the pink one:

Got My Smash Book By Doreena
My first page:

1st Smash Book Page By Doreena

Nothing fancy...just a few pics printed on regular copy paper and taped in, w/ a description of my weekend and a tiny bit of doodling and one random fact about me related to one of the subjects that I am highlighting from my weekend. (kinda like "Pop-up Video" from VH-1, LOL!)
It is super simple but I had fun w/ it. Trying to decide if I want to stay super simple. I think I will because I already buy so many embellishments for my scrapbook pages.

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-12 06:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I forgot to mention, I made this page at work...now trying doing that w/ a traditional scrapbook page... it's not possible (well unless you work at a scrapbook store, right?)!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Doreena! Love your book! Go figure...I post the question and your book comes first! LOL! J/k:) I plan on working on mine during my lunch breaks and in between patients, so great minds think alike:)I don't really use a lot of mists and paint, but I am going to let go and mist and paint in my smash book! Have a wonderful scrappy day!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Have you decided to smash day to day, events, week by week, etc? Or whatever and whenever your heart desires?!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

LOL! Sorry I hi-jacked your thread!

I can't wait to see your pages! Seriously seeing as you are the one who got me all amped up to do this!!!

I think my Smash book w/ be an evolving process...
I guess it depends on my mood when I go to work on it.
BTW - I keep wanting to treat it like a diary... that's no bueno because if I do that, I'll have to hide it!!!!

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-12 07:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

I will post and I love your first page! And it's ok. The silly question is the one not asked, so I love that I was able to help you while asking the question:)I think that I will really love smashing because I love keeping remnants of memories, journaling, and I love to document life!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Which one did you get?

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

When I said that yours came first I meant that you got yours first! LOL! I didn't make it to M's this weekend. Too busy getting my daughter ready for Homecoming. I think I want an XL one, though. I saw some at Walmart yesterday, but they were regular sized. I may make it out to M's today...if not then definitely by Friday! I want to use my 40% coupon for an XL smash book. Let me ask you this, though. What are the differences between the colors?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

If you read the descriptions it tells you the type of Pictures they use for the backgrounds.
For example I think the orange one is retro, so the BG pics are more retro-y.
The pink one is more girly backgrounds. But if you're going to be covering them up, it won't really matter, I guess.
If you can, go to Amazon and click on each color book. There are images of the inside pages and it will give you an idea. Or you can just wait until you go to Ms.

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-12 08:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

FYI - there is a Smash Book blog
Smash Stories Blog

Edited by Doreena on 10-02-12 11:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Thanks!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-02-12 05:35 PM

Love your first page and I have to compliment you on your nice handwriting. Mine is so bad but I am working on it. My first entry into my SB was "the handwriting is not as important as the words written." LOL. What I absolutely love about the Smashbook is that I don't over think anything and it seems to just fall into place as I go along. I also don't think in terms of finishing it. It will be finished when it's full. I started one for my son who is 14, as well. They are so cool! I'm going to check out the blog. Thanks.

Lunie

Lunie

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Lunie

Good morning, Lunie! Could you please post a page or two of your smash book? Pretty please! LOL! Got to get my juices flowing! LOL!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Yes Lunie, please post!!!!
And thanks for the compliment.

Also maybe you can help guide me…
Actually anyone can answer this question or give suggestions.

I am starting to overthink my Smash book.
I keep thinking that my books need to have a “theme”.
For example my first page was about my weekend highlights.
So now I feel like the entire book should be dedicated to that. BUT I have ideas rolling around in my head that I want to add to my book that have nothing to do w/ that.

I was thinking of making the book random but I don’t know if it’s a good idea.

I have a Tom Hardy 2 page spread planned – that’s how random my thoughts are right now, LOL! Plus I have printed out some random pics that I want to include that, again, have nothing to do w/ any of the other pages so far.

So I am torn between doing that (making it random but still including daily weekly highlights as I see fit) or buying another one and dedicating each to one topic.

What did you do (or plan to do for those who haven’t started)?

I know it can be anything you want it to be but I'm afraid! LOL!!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I just re-read the thread and it seems that some do it one way, themed, and some do it another, random...
Hmmm...
I'm still torn!
The bad thing is if I want to theme it I have to wait until I buy another book to Smash my current ideas in...
I don't think I want to do that..
I mean, yes I want another book, but no I don't want to wait! LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 10-03-12 07:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Well, guess who bought an XL red smash book last night?! Raising my hand excitedly, "Me, me, me!" But I think that it's starting to intimidate me. It is so big! I want to have fun with this. Do things that I don't normally do on my layouts ie, doodle, paint, mist. I want to have fun without it being a daunting task. Any suggestions?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

LOL! Sorry no!
If you read my posts I'm having the same issues!!!
ALthough I think I have decided to just make it random and see where that takes me!
The whole point is to have fun w/ it, right?

BTW - Congrats! !!!!!!!!!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-03-12 08:34 AM
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Yes Lunie, please post!!!!
And thanks for the compliment.

Also maybe you can help guide me…
Actually anyone can answer this question or give suggestions.

I am starting to overthink my Smash book.
I keep thinking that my books need to have a “theme”.
For example my first page was about my weekend highlights.
So now I feel like the entire book should be dedicated to that. BUT I have ideas rolling around in my head that I want to add to my book that have nothing to do w/ that.

I was thinking of making the book random but I don’t know if it’s a good idea.

I have a Tom Hardy 2 page spread planned – that’s how random my thoughts are right now, LOL! Plus I have printed out some random pics that I want to include that, again, have nothing to do w/ any of the other pages so far.

So I am torn between doing that (making it random but still including daily weekly highlights as I see fit) or buying another one and dedicating each to one topic.

What did you do (or plan to do for those who haven’t started)?

I know it can be anything you want it to be but I'm afraid! LOL!!!!

You're so funny. Here are the Smashbook Rules, I made for myself. Rule no. 1. Do not over think the Smashbook. It is supposed to be fun. I would not theme the Smashbook, but you can do what you want, as long as it doesn't stress you out. That's my rule no. 2. (no stress). Now, they have a "wedding" themed book and a baby themed book and I think, an international/travel.. and I would dedicate one of those, but my Smashbook No. 3 rule is that my Smashbook is about things I like, quotes, for instance... "Top Ten" is a great one... put down your top songs that you love currently (don't try to think of your favorite song of all time... too much pressure, lol. On the same page, your favorite movies, whatever. Fill it up doodle/collage/grafetti style with all your favorites and it will be done when you can't fit anymore on that page. I have an NFL page because I am a big NY Giants fan, and I add something to that every time the Giants play. ...So, I like your idea of random... That's fun and that's what my Smashbook is to me and that's why I love it. I do LO's and Project Life and they are more thinking and work and those I stress over getting them perfect but I LOVE my Smashbook's simplicity and I did make some mistakes when I first started but they can all be overcome because I can smash something right down on top of it or even rip out a page. So my Smashbook vote for you is random. I also find this style of random art to be beautiful. I'll see about posting a pictures.

Lunie

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Lunie

Yeah I was showing a friend of mine my book and I told her my delimma and she said "I thought the whole point was just to randomly stick stuff in it?"
Silly me and my overthinking!!!
LOL!

I may still dedicate some books to "themes" in the future, but at least for now, my 1st book, will just be about me and other random "stuff"!

Page 3 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics