Page 4 of 5 
Username Post: Smash books...        (Topic#1581103)
Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

BTW - Thanks for your response!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Thanks for the tips, Lunie and Doreena. I love the fact that this book is going to be all about me! My love for books, 5 inch heels, my favorite foods, etc! The possiblities are endless! I also love that I am a scrapper with so much stuff, so I have lots and lots of stuff I can smash with! I appreciate your input and look forward to smashing really soon! Looking forward to seeing your "smashing" artwork, Lunie:)

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

Checked out Madison's gallery and I am so glad that I don't have to share my scraps with my daughter! Wowzer! Awesome work coming from your "mini me." Actually I think that it would actually be fun if my daughter shared my love for scrapping:) BTW...you will probably have to get her a Smash book pretty soon! LOL!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to arteshamac

OMG don't even say that! I was totally thinking the same thing!
Yikes!
LOL!

Actually since she is so young and not into scrapping so much as an artform, she is happy w/ whatever leftovers I have to give her (AKA the stuff I don't want anymore!!! Hahahahahaha) so sharing my stuff is not so bad. Plus she goes through stages of wanting to and not wanting to.
So it's not too bad.

I think the Smashbook would be better for her but i think she can wait a couple of more years. I think when she is a teenager she will truly appraciate it. By then I will be on my 10th book!!!! LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 10-03-12 09:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Doreena

I agree! LOL! About being on the 10th book!

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 10-03-12 11:22 AM

• arteshamac Said:
Well, guess who bought an XL red smash book last night?! Raising my hand excitedly, "Me, me, me!" But I think that it's starting to intimidate me. It is so big! I want to have fun with this. Do things that I don't normally do on my layouts ie, doodle, paint, mist. I want to have fun without it being a daunting task. Any suggestions?

I bought the XL one first and then decided to exchange it for the smaller one for just the reason you stated. It was daunting.

CarrieTS
Tenant
CarrieTS
In response to Lunie

I just got my smash book a couple of days ago and I am dedicating mine to my weight loss journey. I am working on losing the last 40 pounds ( I am already down 40 ) and thought it would be fun and less stressful if I did it this way instead of a journal where I focus on calories and pounds down and workouts. I want to remember this time but not become obsessed with it, so I am doing a smash book, funny thing is that I find myself putting recipes and snack ideas in mine and thats not very helpful when I am trying to fight the urge to stay away from the junk food....

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Lunie

I'm gonna hang in there with the XL one because I really like the pockets:) I WILL have fun with my Smash book! There...I've said it and it is so;) Lol!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Carrie, have fun with your book. Hmmm...recipes and snack ideas? That may not be too bad if you list healthy recipes and snack ideas;)

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

• arteshamac Said:
Carrie, have fun with your book. Hmmm...recipes and snack ideas? That may not be too bad if you list healthy recipes and snack ideas;)

I was thinking the same thing. All the recipes you've used to lose the weight up to now.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Doreena

i started this today after reading this last night. i guess i am using it as a tool to help with my scrapping. i am just sticking little things in that i might want to scrap. sticking a date in the corner so that i know when that item was gotten and then jotting down things that pop into my head. if i do this right, my thought would be that this would be like a cross between a life 360 and a diary and something that i can look back when i go to scrapping a certain event sometimes years later. make sense? or is this ALL WRONG? input please.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to abbynormaloh75

of course it's not wrong ... that's the whole point

(says the woman who bought smash books on HSN over a year ago and still has them in the box they cam in ... sigh)

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Your idea doesn't sound wrong to me. Sounds like you are having fun:) Keep doing what you're doing:)

Diva
In response to Doreena

Mine is themed for palces that I visited and wouldlove to visit, but open to random ideas ot thoghts like the foods that I like from that country and the local restaurants that I love to go to eat that, so it is mixed of related topics.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to bayamonesa1

Great ideas! Thanks. These will help if I get mental blocks:)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• abbynormaloh75 Said:
i started this today after reading this last night. i guess i am using it as a tool to help with my scrapping. i am just sticking little things in that i might want to scrap. sticking a date in the corner so that i know when that item was gotten and then jotting down things that pop into my head. if i do this right, my thought would be that this would be like a cross between a life 360 and a diary and something that i can look back when i go to scrapping a certain event sometimes years later. make sense? or is this ALL WRONG? input please.

It's not wrong if you're enjoying yourself!!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
of course it's not wrong ... that's the whole point

(says the woman who bought smash books on HSN over a year ago and still has them in the box they cam in ... sigh)

Well, it's time to take them out girly!!!!
Come join us on this "Smash Book Adventure"!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

BTW working on my Tom Hardy 2 page spread. I'll share it when I'm done

(How's that for random?!)

CKohn
CKohn 
Resident
CKohn
  • CKohn on 10-04-12 08:08 AM
In response to Doreena

I brought one and i am still not sure of what to do with it. i am thinking of using one to make a picutre book for my sons with pictures of his family ( grandparents, aunts and uncles,etc).

My little guy loves looking at pictures and reading books so i think he will like it.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to CKohn

That sounds like a great idea! Perhaps he can assist you w/ making it? A fun little project that the 2 of you can enjoy together!

Page 4 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics