Username Post: Has anyone ever made one of these?        (Topic#1581107)
Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal

I was browsing the internet for some craft ideas for Ashlees choir class fundraiser and saw this new craft alot of people are doing. It is called homemade gumball machines that are made using flower pots, if you look them up on youtube you can find tons of videos showing how to do them, just wondering if anyone here has ever done one. It seems like a very easy craft and Ashlee's choir has expressed interest in getting some made so they can raise funds for their 1st choir
competition in a month..

http://www.ehow.com/how_5085500_make-mach ine-out-flower...

Here is a link if you have never seen one and are curious.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Als_Gal

those are very cute - I bet the kids would love making them! Good luck!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to SmartyPants

If it were me, I would try to get the plastic flower pots so they are unbreakable

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to Trina_P

• Trina_P Said:
If it were me, I would try to get the plastic flower pots so they are unbreakable

Thanks for this, I never thought of using plastic ones

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Als_Gal

How would that be used as a fundraiser? Younger kids might like to make them, but probably not buy ones that are already made.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
How would that be used as a fundraiser? Younger kids might like to make them, but probably not buy ones that are already made.

The choir class is going to make them and sell them to raise the money for the choir competition in a month. They are excited to make them, I bought supplies to make one tonite and we will use that as the prototype

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Als_Gal

They sound really cute and I would think any kid might need one for Grandma or Grandpa's house filled with candy! Ok, maybe that's my idea because Grandparents are supposed to give you the things (like candy) that you don't get at home

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to catzscrapper

• catzscrapper Said:
They sound really cute and I would think any kid might need one for Grandma or Grandpa's house filled with candy! Ok, maybe that's my idea because Grandparents are supposed to give you the things (like candy) that you don't get at home

Janet thats a wonderful idea :O) Going to have the kids make them for Grandmas house she always has a stash of candy for each grandkid. Ash loves receses peanut butter cups so she has a hidden stash just for her Con loves kit kats so she has some for him and the other 2 Sel and Kat love hersheys minatures so she has some for them.

Diva
In response to Als_Gal

Such a neat idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics