Username Post: Shipping?        (Topic#1581113)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-26-12 05:29 PM

I seem to remember seeing a banner here for $2.95 shipping. It wasn't a coupon or anything, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the shipping charges changing?

I just added 8 pieces of paper to my cart and the shipping came out as $5.83 for a $7.12 order of paper. Does that seem correct?

Thanks!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Vae

If I remember right the lower shipping price was for smaller lightweight items.

I would say the box alone if it's not a free usps box is about $1 and if if the box and paper weigh more than 13 oz your into priority for and least $4-5 something.

Once you get over the 13oz usps first class weight limit everything is priority for the next cheapest usps and then heavier stuff in the flat rate, if they use flat rate here.

My first order was that little tim holtz distresser and well under 3oz in the little bubble wrap envelope. I was $6 something and the shipping was more than the cost of the item. I sell on ebay and just assumed that shipping amount was for priority mail being so high but no. they used first class which is about $1.74 or something. No way that plain bubble mailer costs more than $1. They are were making tons on shipping here, still even with the cheaper shipping they are still making lots on the shipping.

But I don't sell tons of stuff but just imagine having all the stuff they sell here. Can they actually weigh and measure every single thing here they sell to get an accurate shipping fee?

One min I think that's impossible for them to do but then if you can't be accurate don't bother selling. But I acutally think they are probably as accurate on shipping considering the thousands of things they sell.

But I don't know if one could dispute the shipping charges and call and request a refund. Think everybody should check and see how much they were charged for shipping and how much they actually paid for shipping. But you get excellent customer service. Is that worth the extra shipping costs?

It's always good to go to usps.com and really look at all the shipping options, weight limit, box sizes and prices. It's mind boggling sometimes. lol

Edited by Cindyckj on 09-26-12 06:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
I seem to remember seeing a banner here for $2.95 shipping. It wasn't a coupon or anything, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the shipping charges changing?

It's just to promo that earlier this year shipping charges began starting at $2.95 instead of around $6, but I've only ever seen it that low when I've had only one item in my cart (typically I wait for free shipping or 10% off or something, but one time I wanted a very specific item for a layout and couldn't get it locally).

I don't know if this is still in effect, but if you were getting lots of flat things, shipping used to stay close to the $6 mark until you exceeded 15 sheets of paper (then it went up to around $9), which I think just marks a difference in the size of box required.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to aquabunny

I agree that the shipping is not the best deal. But, I justify it by comparing the time and gas it would take to drive somewhere and buy it. Time = money.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Castle Scrapper

Yeah, when shipping costs more than the product or close to the product, forget about it. I wanted a few sheets of paper; that doesn't weigh much and shipping is by weight. Hopefully, they aren't using flat rate shipping methods because that is more economical for heavier weighted items.

And no, I dont' want to be buying stuff, just to be buying to to getter a better shipping rate; I'll just do without.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-27-12 08:05 AM
In response to t-scraps

Shipping charges are also based on size, as well as distance. I mail a fair number of packages throughout the year both USPS and UPS and neither one is exactly cheap, so if I need to order something I don't mind paying appropriate shipping charges. Although I usually wait for free shipping, if I can.

Diva
In response to stick

If I have to pay more for shipping that the products itselves...forget it! I rather go to JoAnns or MIchaels and use a coupon!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to bayamonesa1

Right now I have $70. worth of stuff in my cart and the shipping is $30.....nothing heavy, I assume it's just because I'm in Canada (but not that far from the border)
I ALWAYS end up paying a lot for shipping from the States but I order because there are things I just can't get here or I don't want to wait the months it will take to come here....
Just impatient, I guess

Alison

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to kiyawinn

I always keep an eye out for free shipping

RachelleScraps
Idol
RachelleScraps
In response to Vae

I always watch out for S & H prices. They did go up a bit. They are a bit too much.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-29-12 12:23 PM
In response to RachelleScraps

I always watch for free shipping as well, but sometimes you just want something NOW! LOL! I just wanted these 8 pieces of paper and was hoping I wouldn't have to wait until free shipping day, whenever that may be. I was thinking it would be 2.99 since it's such a small amount and I was like "yeah, free is better, but $3 isn't bad if I can have it within a week". But alas, I will have to wait because I refuse to pay that much in shipping.

skrapaddict
Guru
skrapaddict
In response to Vae

I've noticed shipping prices have increased too. Used to be I could order about $120-$150 worth of stuff and the shipping would be about $27 (I'm in Canada), now it's up to about $37 for the same amount of product. I've pretty much stopped shopping here because I can find the same products elsewhere and pay less than half that amount in shipping.

Edited by skrapaddict on 09-30-12 02:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics