Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Provo Craft Question        (Topic#1581139)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Just called Provo Craft, where they have always been so helpful and got someone who was from another planet. Just didn't get it - we went round and round in circles.

I told her I just purchased two of the Cuddlebug binders for embossing folders. She was following so far. Then I told her that the new 5 x 7 embossing folders didn't fit in the sleeves of any of the pages of my storage system, made by Provo Craft.

She started explaining to me how to make them fit in my Cuttlebug. I told her I knew how get them in the machine - I want to get them in the storage system.

Finally she said they weren't allowed to talk about new machines and designs.

I told her, "Ma'am I'm not asking for company secrets here. I just want to know if they have a page I don't know about that has pockets large enough for the 5 x 7 folders or will they be adding one, since the 5 x 7 folders are kind of new I think.

She again told me, "Oh, even if we knew, we would not be allowed to release that info."

I said, "Listen, you are making 5 x 7 embossing folders. Are you going to make the storage system pocket pages to hold them? If not, then I need to think about putting these in a garage sale and finding a system that will holder the larger embossing folders.

She just went in circles telling me she couldn't give me company info. I told her, "Its a pocket protector for a sotrage book that you make to hold the embossing folders you make."

I hung up so frustrated.

Does anyone know if the Cuttlebug storage system has a page that will hold a 5 x 7 embossing folder (or larger) or if they are going to make one.

I can see secrecy for new products - but this is a common sense question.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Henri Jean

Oh my - I have to call them about my Gypsy...now I'm dreading it.

I unfortunately do not know anything about the storage system, sorry I couldn't help there.

I would have ended the conversation with "Hi, I'm Earth, have we met?"

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

LOL....Henri, I'm not laughing at you but at how ludicrous it sounds like your conversation was! I can only imagine how frustrated you were!

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I only have one 5x7 folder and it's just laying in my box of folders with the other ones.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to flintridgescrapper

I also have no advice or answers but golly gee wilikers! What was up w/ that lady?!?!?
I hate when I get people like that!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

The people at Provo Craft have always been excellent.

This one talked to me like I was asking for secrets protected for national security!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 09-27-12 12:54 PM

LOL! Sorry...this whole thing just cracked me up! It's amazing how sometimes you can luck up and get the most helpful person available, then the next time you get the company idiot!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

Going to defend PC a little. It's possible that the customer service reps aren't told that information. It's also very possible that the customer service reps aren't allowed to give out that kind of info because a) prior to an actual release, things are still unsettled and she could have told you wrong information b) what if you were a competitor posing as a customer with a problem? c) the chuckleheads at PC didn't think about making something that can fit the 5x7 folders because they assumed that there wouldn't be a need.

As a CM rep, I can't tell you how many times my life would have been easier if someone from the home office said "psst, Liz, wait a bit on this" when I called about a specific product, but at the same time, I can totally understand why they can't give that information out beforehand.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to moxiegirl23

I'm laughing too. I would have had to egg it on a little and act like I was after company secrets.

She probably doesn't craft, so doesn't really know other than what her support documents say.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-27-12 01:42 PM
In response to moxiegirl23

Liz is absolutely right. Although it would be a little smarter to train their reps to say something along the lines of "no, we do not have such a product at this time." And instead of the provocative phrase "we can't give out that info" a simple "we do not know if such a product will be released" might be better.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to stick

Right before you hung up i'd have probably asked her her name and then to talk to a supervisor and if that wasn't possible i'd have probably called back hoping I didn't get the same person and got one who understands or could explain things better to me or who could get me to a supervisor.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Cindyckj

Oh, welcome to my world!

Seems I deal with people like that ALL THE TIME. I was starting to think it must be me; that I don't make myself understood.

Liz is probably right. I agree with Stick. Maybe more of a
"we don't offer that product at this time, and I don't have any information on whether it will be available in the future."

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Bxr-Linda

I asked her if she could transfer me to someone who could answer the question. I mean they make the 5 x 7 embossing folders, you would think they would support them with their storage system.

SHe kept wanted to explain how to use the 5 x 7 in my Cuttlebug - I have a Big SHot and I know how to use it.

There are some new product released that understandably need to be kept secret. Not - are you going to make a storage pocket big enough for your existing system.

I am going to try to call Provo Craft again tomorrow and see if I can get someone who can just answer a simple question and not give me a run around.

Even if I was a competitor - I don't think secrets would have been given away to say, "yes, we will make a pocket for the storage system to hold it".

I really want to know if I can use what I have or if I need to find another system. That is fair.

I have had other companies tell me that they hope to have something out soon or there are no plans of making whatever I asked about.

I would like to have been transferred to someone who knew something - if they are making bigger embossing folders, surely they have considered it isn't compatible with their storage system.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-27-12 06:12 PM

Good luck, Henri, calling back never hurts, you might get someone with a better answer.

However, they might not actually know at this point whether they'll make it or not - they may be waiting to see how well the 5x7s sell, or perhaps their storage system doesn't sell very well so they may not be thinking of expanding. Or they may be working on a new and improved version of it that just can't be released yet. You may or may not get a real answer.

I keep my embossing folders in a DVD storage box and just flip through them to find what I need, I wouldn't want mine in a page protector-type system.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

All good points.

These really aren't page protectors, they are more like pockets and the folders go halfway into them so they stick up above the top of the pockets so I just have to turn the pages. So far its really working for me.

But they aren't protectors like a protector for a scrapbook page. You don't have to reach in to get the folders.

Maybe the 5 x 7's out now are an experiment to see how well they sell. I got the Hawaiian Shirt Cuttlebug embossing folder and I love it!

I think the storage systems are selling well but you never know - hadn't thought of that.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

The 5 x 7 folders are not new. I have several of them, some from a couple of years ago.

I keep all my folders in a plastic shoebox. The large ones are at the bottom, lying across. The small ones are side-by-side. I label each one with a Brother labelmaker, using black on transparent labels.

I also make samples of each folder and place the samples in a regular loose-leaf binder with page protectors. I arrange them 8 to a page, 4 on each side, with the name at the bottom of each sample. That way I can leaf through my book and select the folder I want. The labelled folders are easy to spot in my shoebox.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Solitaire

I may have to go to a system like that. I really love this flip thing though with the p[ockets - the folder sticks way above the top of the pocket so I just lift it out - the package photo is behind it so I can see at a glance but I think I may have to change gears and make a different system completely.

Don't want some in one place and some in another.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean

Henri Jean,
I'm no help but I use my Cricut to die cut some 4x5 tags which I then emboss with an inked embossing folder. This way I have a sample of each of my embossing folders, I can write the name and brand on top, and I can use white cardstock which I can more easily get in bulk. The embossed tags are stored on a large binder ring with all my folders in a DVD storage box that I can flip through. This system has been working for me so far...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to traceyjean

That is a good system and its organized.

I'm just upset because I just bought 2 of these binders for my embossing folders last week and they aren't cheap. Then 5 extra pages which are very expensive.

Then I realized it won't hold the 5 x 7's and the company won't tell me if they plan on making them or if I just put a lot of money into an obsolete system.

Very frustrating.

LinneaB
New Kid On the Block
LinneaB

I also use the Cuttlebug die and embossing folder storage binder system and have been able to find out if they have anything to support the 5x7 size. I would also like to continue to use the same system for the Spellbinder embossing folders which are a touch thicker than the Cuttlebug folders.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LinneaB

Sames like we are in the same boat! You would think they would let people know something!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics