Username Post: Sugar-free chocolate?        (Topic#1581151)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-27-12 06:42 PM

I want to make a couple of small Halloween treat bags, for my DH and a friend. However I need to keep it sugar-free if at all possible, because my DH has a family history of diabetes and his sugars are good but borderline. We had some sugar-free chocolate a while ago that was pretty good, but we were on vacation and we can't buy that brand here.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend fairly mass-market sugar-free chocolate that is GOOD.

amo_angelus
New Kid On the Block
amo_angelus
In response to stick

I don't think sugar free chocolate is mass market. It's a rather specialized thing, your best bet is to look in health food shops as they have a greater tendancy to carry it than anywhere else.

Diva
In response to amo_angelus

I believe if you go to WHole Foods you may find it.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to bayamonesa1

Costco had some AWESOME sugar free chocolate! It started with an A. Amberlyn or soething like that. It was SUPER yummy.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Seaexplore

Here ya go.

http://www.amberlynchocolatestore.com/

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-29-12 07:39 AM
In response to Seaexplore

Thanks, Tiffany! I've seen SF chocolates but I don't want to just randomly buy without knowing if it'll be good or not.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to stick

I like the Russel Stover....be careful though...too much sugar free chocolate is not good on the tummy

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-29-12 04:23 PM
In response to Mercy4Free

Well, too much of ANY chocolate isn't good on the tummy, lol But always good to remember when maltitol is on the ingredients list. I'll keep the Russel Stover in mind, thanks!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to stick

Any sugar alcohol I've tried (maltitol, mannitol, sorbitol, and xylitol) has caused problems for me. 2 pieces of Dentyne gum will do it! DH is sensitive, too, and we agree, we'd both rather have half as much of the "real" stuff.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics