Username Post: Embossing Machine Options?        (Topic#1581183)
New Kid On the Block

I've been a scrapbooker for years but haven't done much with card making. I'm preparing to place a Stampin' Up order so I can begin making cards from my page scraps. I really like the added touch of embossing so I'd like to also purchase an embossing machine. I'm not interested in spending $100 for the Big Shot, especially since I have a Cricut that I do all my diecutting with. I really just want the embossing feature. I'm looking for feedback from those with a machine recommendation. I'm looking at the Sizzix Texture Boutique but want to make sure it's big enough to use the embossing folders sold by Stampin' Up. All feedback is welcome! Thank you for your time.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to langfordcr

I can't verify this for sure, but I'm pretty sure the Stampin' Up embossing folders are made by Sizzix (I know their dies are), so I would guess they should be okay in either machine.

However, if you do decide to get the Big Shot, there's no reason to ever pay $100 for it. It is very frequently on sale at Joann's, Michael's, and similar stores for $60.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

I got my Big Shot over 1 1/2 years ago at my LSS for $60 and it came with a free die. They still have it for $60 but the free die promo is over.

Which is another reason you might consider the BS over the Texture Boutique. It can take all kinds of dies. The coolest dies, too.

Welcome to the neighborhood

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Kim222

The Texture Boutique will not take the newer 5x7 dies because the opening is a little too small. Not sure if SU! sells that size but you might want to check that out first. Most big box stores will allow you to use a coupon on the BigShot/BigKick, so you be able to get one below the $100 mark.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to traceyjean

Just a heads up, the big kick and the big shot are the same size.

Can't wait to see your cards!

Kamaor
Kamaor 
New Kid On the Block
Kamaor
In response to langfordcr

I have the Big Shot. After a lot of research I went with this one because I could by other brand dies and embossing folders and use it in this machine but not so going the other way. I got mine from Overstock.com on a day that they had free shipping and a couple of different kit options. I paid in the area of $85 but got 6 embossing folders and 2 Tim Holtzs Dies. They always seem to have some sort of deal on them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics