Username Post: Cricut Question - need fast answer        (Topic#1581185)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I have an older Cricut Expression.

I am watching an Imagine cartridge on a ebay auction which ends soon. I don't think the IMagine cartridge works on my machine.

Can I load it on my Gypsy and then use it? I really love the letters on this cartridge and want them!

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Henri Jean

Hi Henry, yes you can download all cartridges to the gypsy but it should not be a problem to cut on the old machines. I'm sorry I can't give you a definite answer, I have the imagine, 1st cricut expression and the cricut baby bug the 2nd one.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Thaiti30

NO!!! The Imagine cartridges are a different shape and size from the original carts. Only the Expression 2 machine has slots to handle both sizes. There is no such adapter for the Gypsy.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Solitaire

Right, you would not be able to get them to load onto your Gypsy because the plug that it uses to do so, will not fit the
Imagine cartridges. As Solitaire stated above.
Good idea tho HJ !! Too bad it couldn't work that way!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ChansGram

Thank you! I didn't bid on it. I searched around on the Cricut website but so much info I coulnd't nail down exactly what I was looking for.

I love the letters on the County Carnival cartridge. Do they make some cartridges for Imagine and the old Expression?

Now I know to really be careful when I purchase a cartridge!

Thanks again for the help.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

There is a work around if you use CCR. I read on the cricut forum that people have successfully cut imagine images on older machines

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HisGEM

Thanks HisGEM - I passed on it. I don't quite understand very much technical so I'm not sure what CCR is. I don't see how I could use it if the cartridge doesn't fit in my machine and I don't have an adaptor cord for it.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

CCR is the online program that Provo Craft has.
It is actually a pretty good program.
But I, like you, don't understand all the techy stuff, so Iam not sure how it would work.
But it's Cricut Craft Room and you should try it out, it's free!! But, you can only cut with the carts that you own.
Even if you only use it to look at the contents of a cartridge makes it worth having on my comp.
All you have to do is click on the cart you want to see and then scroll over the images and it makes them larger to see!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ChansGram

I'll have to check it out. Seems I did a long time ago when I couldn't decide if I want to get a Gypsy or not. I will have to investigate it again!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics