Page 1 of 29 
Username Post: OCTOBER VLB -- It is going to be scary fun time.        (Topic#1581205)
ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

Welcome to the VLB (VERY LAID BACK CHALLENGE) -- the Halloween Edition.

Please read this entire post before you sign up.

For anyone new to this challenge, here's the idea: so many of us crave all the lovin' our neighbors leave when we do challenges, but sometimes we just want to create layouts and projects that have nothing to do with challenges (and still get some love!). Well, for this challenge, you can just create pages and other projects and link them here. You can follow my weekly challenges, but it's not a requirement. Basically, anything goes!

Here's the one and only catch: YOU HAVE TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS' LAYOUTS AND PROJECTS. So, if you sign up, you are committing yourself to leaving comments as well as receiving them. To keep this from becoming an overwhelming task, I'm restricting the number of players to 35 or so. This is not a one entry challenge. This is a month long commitment to post ALL your work and check out everyone else's. Please post projects only from this month. And please be aware that we can be REALLY CHATTY on this thread and the posts can add up really fast.

Also -- I'd love to learn everyone's first name --if it's not in your siggy could you please tell us.

Every weekend, I'll post a new challenge.

Challenges:

Week 1: fall colors
Week 2: Lift the person listed before you on the first post
Week 3: Distressing

Players:
1. ncyankee
2. dancinirish90
3. MelissaW
4. scrapperbee
5. HenriJean
6. AnnaC
7. lpeeps
8. cveira
9. sasload4
10. LesleyC
11. TenaE
12. Lenethren
13. Renee305
14. raining
15. byondbzr
16. AuntyT
17. autumngold
18. SaraS
19. astacy5
20. ScrappinAmyJ
21. Scrapn Mama
22.ximxyoursx
23. godschild94
24. pamela.tx
25. AllAmy

Edited by ncyankee on 10-13-12 03:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to ncyankee

Me, please!

I can start us off right away!

Purpleleaf Sand Cherry By Dancinirish90

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to dancinirish90

Me, too!

I'll quickly follow behind Lisa with another page. hehehe

sweetly sleeps the toddler By MelissaW

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MelissaW

Count me in. I'll be gone on three school field trips in October; but I still plan on scrapping, and will try to keep acu.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapperbee

I'll play - I'm pretty committed to leaving comments in the gallery on everything posted on threads I follow so I shouldn't have a problem.

My first name is Henri.

I scrap a little differently than most. I go to crops whenever I can find one but I don't like to have to come up with ideas and do all the work at crops - I want them to be relaxed so I make up my own page kits with pictures, embellies, papers, memorabilia - everything and put them in file folders. Then at the crop I put them together and I don't have to waste my time thinking and planning, I just make mats, arrange things and glue. Most likely I even have a piece of paper where I drafted a sketch of where everything goes. Totally mindless when I get there.

That means I have a ton of things in project files right now to put together - just waiting for a crop.

Anyway, please let me know if you have room for one more!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Henri Jean

I'm here once I get all caught up in September's thread!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Anna C

Hi Henri -- so glad to see ya.

And who's already posting! Stop! I'm not even home yet!!!

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to ncyankee

I'm in.
Eileen- It's Lisa(irish) and Melissa. I'm seeing the overachievers sign flashing lol.
Welcome, Henri

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to ncyankee

I'm here!!!!!!

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to cveira

Welcome Henri.

I'm a bit behind (okay I lie). I am a lot behind on September's thread. Today it rained all freaking day, car was in the shop (thankfully the bill was only around $350.00 - I had visions of double that in my head all day), and cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom. I think I need an adult beverage now.

Today I quit playing Farmville on FB cold turkey. Removed and blocked the app and deleted all the people on FB that I only interact with because of the game. Decided it was adding nothing to the quality of my life and I need to get back to doing the things I really love like reading and scrapping and of course chatting with you all on this thread.

Hope everyone is having a great evening. and Lisa and Mel - don't make me have to slap you !! MUAH!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to cveira

I'm in again, and will get caught up on the remainder of September's thread shortly!!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to sasload4

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! < ~~~~~ That's the sound of me cackling evilly because I have 4 more pages to post tomorrow!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MelissaW

I'm jealous - I have nothing to post. However, get me near a crop and I'm good. I think I have about 60-70 pages at the stage of matting and gluing and final tweaking.

However, my pages are very plain and simple so they aren't real difficult pages.

I put 4 together today but they all need finishing and I have 4 more spread out on my desk right now. More memorabilia from Key West than photos on these 4. Plus lots of decals and post cards - don't know how I'm going to whip them into decent pages.

After that the pages start having more pictures again and are easier to work with.

I think I have 26 more pages to work up and then I can start on our last trip which was July and August. Then I am caught up!

Looking forwrad to seeing your new pages when you post them!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Christine - glad your car repair bill wasn't any higher - that is enough to pay. I hate paying for repairs for my car or anything.

When we went to Key West a few months ago my radiator went out in Key Large (been scrapping that today) - fortunately we were able to order one, it came in the next day and my husband and one of my best friends got it put in.

The 2 weeks ago my husband was driving my car and it just went dead. I don't know what it was - think he said it was about $80 to fix so that was a relief. It's a 2001 with about 200,000 miles or more in it so its just a matter of time.

I do not want to buy a new car! We don't finance anything and I don't want to spend the money. Money for another car would pay for a lot of scrapbook supplies!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

Hi Henri! Welcome to the VLB!

Christine-car repairs stink! Could have been much much worse though. I am actually craving a rainy day where I dint feel guilty about staying in all day and scrapping.

I need to catch up on September's thread. If I ever sign up for another 30 day challenge, please have my head examined!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to LesleyC

I still haven't had my car repaired from when the guy rear ended me last spring. Gotta get that done but hate car repairs.

Kevin reports that the new washer/dryer has arrived. (for those that don't know -- I've been waiting for well over a month). Got lots of dirty laundry to do.

So I had a great time at my shooting "camp"! The highlight was the last event of the week. I shot a 5x7 foot target from 1,123 yards! Seriously I'm not kidding! I used the same sniper rifle that the secret service uses. It was so darn cool !! After I shot the rifle it took 5 seconds to hear the "BING" of the bullet on the target.

Gotta go to bed -- have to get up at 4:30 am. UGH!!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to ncyankee

Me please Eileen, I know I'm up way to late but been watching Lord of the Rings(all three).

Lisa & Melissa, I'm with Eileen, stop...I still have to get ACU w/Sept.

Hi Henri, good to see you here.

Off to bed, will get caught on Sept tomorrow!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Tena E.

I`m in again please!

Off to go finish up gallery love from September.

Renee305
Idol
Renee305
In response to MelissaW

• MelissaW Said:
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! < ~~~~~ That's the sound of me cackling evilly because I have 4 more pages to post tomorrow!

Hahahahaha love it Melissa!!
I'm in again!! Still finishing up my love from Sept and seeing as everyone has moved over here I'll repost the ones I did last night hehe And I'll be page dropping tomorrow

Renee xx

Altered Bird Cage By Renee305

Altered Spice Rack By Renee305

raining
Governor
raining
In response to Renee305

Me please!

Page 1 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics