Page 26 of 29 
Username Post: OCTOBER VLB -- It is going to be scary fun time.        (Topic#1581205)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to raining

Pamela - I cured my son of not cleanning his room when he was told to in a very unconventional way. I don't know how old your son is but mine was old enough to go with friends and do things.

He was invited to go skating with a group of friends. I told him he had to clean his room first and he didn't do it.

His friends came to the door and I told them, "Joe has a problem, he didn't clean his room this morning when he was told. That means you guys have options."

"#1 - you can go without him"

"#2 - you can pull up a chair and watch him clean his room, I have plenty of chairs and room in the hall outside his door."

#3 - you can roll up his sleeves and pitch in and help. I honestly don't care who cleans his room, he just isn't going until its nice and neat."

All of a sudden there were about 5 other kids in addition to my son vacuming and folding clothes and dusting and making the bed. I could tell the other kids were not happy about it but they didn't want to wait for him to clean by himself.

In the future whenever I told him to clean his room he knew I meant it and he didn't want a replay of his friends having to clean it.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to Henri Jean

Dropping a few off!

on the farm By MelissaW

Happy Birthday! card By MelissaW

field day 2011 By MelissaW

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MelissaW

Pearl Harbor - On the base - Left side By Henri Jean

Pearl Harbor - On the base - Right side By Henri Jean

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90

Hi ladies. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

I'm behind on love, but I will catch up.

Here's one from me:

6th Grade By Dancinirish90

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee

jci -- got one more lo done. Would love to stay and scrap more but gotta head out to do a home visit. It's a almost 2 hour trip. UGH.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-24-12 10:32 AM
In response to ncyankee

OMG! Do not fall off your chairs, but I just PAINTED on a lo!! LOL!

me and grandpa By SaraS

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-24-12 10:37 AM

• Henri Jean Said:
Pamela - I cured my son of not cleanning his room when he was told to in a very unconventional way. I don't know how old your son is but mine was old enough to go with friends and do things.

He was invited to go skating with a group of friends. I told him he had to clean his room first and he didn't do it.

His friends came to the door and I told them, "Joe has a problem, he didn't clean his room this morning when he was told. That means you guys have options."

"#1 - you can go without him"

"#2 - you can pull up a chair and watch him clean his room, I have plenty of chairs and room in the hall outside his door."

#3 - you can roll up his sleeves and pitch in and help. I honestly don't care who cleans his room, he just isn't going until its nice and neat."

All of a sudden there were about 5 other kids in addition to my son vacuming and folding clothes and dusting and making the bed. I could tell the other kids were not happy about it but they didn't want to wait for him to clean by himself.

In the future whenever I told him to clean his room he knew I meant it and he didn't want a replay of his friends having to clean it.

I love it Henri!!
My dad was always good at disciplining (mostly my sister) with natural consequences. I remember one time my sister slammed a door in his face. He told her "We don't slam doors in this house." And then he made her properly open and close the door -turning the handle, opening the door all the way, and closing the door. etc. He made for do this for 15 minutes. She was bored stiff and message received after 1 minute!

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to SaraS

Hi ladies.
Supposed to get some snow later today and into tomorrow. Temps are supposed to be in the 30's and my son has his last regular season game with the school's biggest rivals. Yeah! Top that off with the fact that I am laying on the couch with the flu after getting sick at Kohl's. double yeah. I have a bomb to drop off though and thought I could maybe check in for a minute.

Anna- really hoping you don't see the layoffs affecting you. It is a tough time with this economy. Seems like people are struggling everywhere. My sister is trying to support her 4 kids by herself but can only find a $12 an hour job which is better than nothing but not enough to begin to keep a family by yourself. It's a tough thing.

Henri Jean- great story. I'll keep that one in my stockpile. Had fun with my teen last night when he gave us the wrong time to pick him up at an event and then was ticked that we made him leave anyway. I had told him to double check the time and he didn't but suddenly we are the worst parents in the world for not sitting and waiting in the parking lot for another hour. Oh well...

I know there's more but I'm going to drop off my bomb and then lay back down. Sorry if I missed anyone.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to lpeeps

Bring It On By Lpeeps

Spooky By Lpeeps

Beware By Lpeeps

Halloween Treat Toppers By Lpeeps

Celebrate By Lpeeps

Boo By Lpeeps

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to lpeeps

Sending out lots of hugs for Rebecca too, hope Jim's surgery and recovery goes well.

Christine, thinking of you today, stay safe and hope there's no damage or injury for your family.

Will BBL to get ACU...I'm meeting a new scrappy friend from here (SB.com) today, here name on here is Arteshamac, it'll be so nice to have a friend who scraps right here in Columbus with me...see ya later

Scrapn mama
Governor
Scrapn mama
In response to Tena E.

Have fun Tena!

Rebecca~Praying Jim's surgery goes well! So scary for you, him, and the kids! I hope he recovers quickly!!!

Christine~Stay safe Girl! Hope that storm isn't too drastic and you guys don't suffer any damage.

LPeeps~Love the story about DS and picking him up early! Cracked me up!! I wouldn't have waited either!

Eileen~Yay for Quincy! I knew he would get adopted soon! He's just too cute!

Off to get cu! BBL.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to SaraS

It was a productive day!

Jump By AuntyT

Merry Christmas By AuntyT

Camp By AuntyT

Rocks By AuntyT

Yampa By AuntyT

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to AuntyT

Good morning! Night two of barely sleeping because of this plague... ugh! I don't like being sick, and it happens less frequently for me than for the kids.

Today I have to work on my midterm project and presentation that I have to give next Monday morning... we have to make a postcard of something we're passionate about, so I chose scrapbooking. We'll see how it comes together, though. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to MelissaW

wow - some people are getting snow. We've had gorgeous weather. But the temps have gotten warm again. Was 84 yesterday -- and supposed to be that warm again. I was kind of liking the high 60's lower 70's.

I have NOTHING on my agenda today. I do have to run a few non-essential errands. But I have the day to putter, cook, scrap. Hoping to do all of that.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-25-12 04:36 AM
In response to ncyankee

Morning!
They are talking the "S" word here. Let's hope it's more of a rain/snow mix and that it melts quickly.

Volunteering at Trent's school this afternoon. Middle school...hope all goes well, lol!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to SaraS

Good morning and Friday is almost here. So ready for the weekend.

Rebecca, I hope today is a better day for Jim and that pain subsides. His injury sounds very serious. I know you would like to be with him at the hospital but keeping the kids calm is just as important. Thinking of you all!

Christine, how are things on your end? I hope the storm has passed by now with little to now damage for your area.

Lisa, hope you are feeling better today. And I wouldn’t have waited for my child either. Hopefully a lesson was learned!

Mindy, loved the photos of your puppies. I sure hope each of them find good homes. I love the little blonde one.

Melissa, hope you are feeling better! Good luck with your project!

Eileen, enjoy your day!

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to Anna C

How have I missed puppy pics? I guess I've been avoiding fb the last couple days.

More teen drama - So yesterday, we were supposed to leave the house at 4:00 to make it to an orthodontist appt on time. At 4:07, Cassie told me she can't find her bottom retainer, and it's actually been gone for WEEKS... Are you f-ing kidding me? I admit, I had a total parenting meltdown. I was furious. Then, the best part, she tried to blame it on me for taking the dirty laundry out of her bathroom because she claims it must have fallen in there, and I didn't see it. Really? A) the laundry is not supposed to live in her bathroom anyway, B) I haven't taken it out lately - but if she'd told me WEEKS ago when it disappeared, we could have looked for it, C) if that is what happened - it would have turned up in the washer or dryer, which it hasn't, and D) how fricking gross!! It probably went out in the garbage, which we didn't look through because she didn't tell anyone, OR it's still in her pigsty of a room somewhere. I got to sit there and smile while the orthodontist yelled at her. We're giving her a little bit of time to try and find it before I spend the money to buy the replacement. I am SO ticked. What really gets me is that her teeth are moving because she hasn't been wearing it - so why did I spend $6000 on braces in the first place if she doesn't care what her teeth look like? Okay - thanks, rant over.

I'm still behind, but I have one to drop off with a flower for this week's challenge:

Black Cat By Dancinirish90

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to dancinirish90

Oh, and Lisa, I hope you feel better!

Christine - thinking of you!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to dancinirish90

Hi ladies jci and getting ACU,

Great new pages & cards, I have one more sketch for the PageMaps sketch challenge I need to do, hope to get it finished this weekend.

For now I'm doing some much needed organizing in my scraproom. Also thinking about the holidays cards I do every year for Anitra & some Christmas projects I want to do for me, will be busy next month.

Melissa & Lisa(P) hope you both are feeling better!

See ya later

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Tena E.

Rebecca-I hope all is well with Jim’s surgery

Christine-I hope you and your family are safe with this storm

Henri-My son is 15 going on 30 (so he thinks). I have done all of those same things with him. He wanted to go to the skate park with his friends and I told him he couldn’t go until his room was clean, so I have never seen him clean his room so fast. Another incident happened when his friends came over one evening and I told them he had to clean his room before he did anything and so they left. My son came out of his room and asked who came to the door. I said his friends’ names and he stormed off so upset because I sent them away. Another incident, and I am sure won’t be his last, he actually did make his friends help him clean his room.

~~Lisa~~-Happy belated birthday I would have flipped out if my kiddo lost his retainer and didn’t say anything until weeks later!

Melissa-Good luck with your project. I remember them days! It will pay off in the end! I promise

Lisa-I hope you feel better too.

Page 26 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics