Page 27 of 29 
Username Post: OCTOBER VLB -- It is going to be scary fun time.        (Topic#1581205)
AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to pamela.tx

acu on leaving love.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to pamela.tx

Dropping off will be back to leave love.

Queen of Shoes By AuntyT

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to AuntyT

just popping in real quickly to let you know i am doing great, Hurricane Sandy touched down yesterday at 2p.m. It wasn't as bad as we had feared. We have downed trees and a lot of debris not to mention water from leaky roof. But all is well. We got back electricity, cable and internet this evening but now there's no water in the taps. yuck. Thanks for all the well wishes! It's to the doc for me tomorrow I've got what Meg had last week. sigh

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to cveira

Christine -- I believe Sandy is supposed to cause more havoc in the mid atlantic states. Should avoid the south ! Yippee.

Lisa (irish) -- we've ben thru the retainer saga way too many times. so annoying.

I had a nice day -- but never even entered my scrap room. Made a mess of the kitchen -- did several days worth of cooking. Kevin had a meeting and brought me home some baklava. OMG - haven't had that in so long. YUMMMMMM

Quincy has a meet & greet in the morning -- pretty much a formality. He should be leaving for his forever home on 11/12.

I've got so much to do -- heading out to the state championships for our fall league on Wednesday. Probably gonna get smoked there again. We actually rented a house on the beach this time -- instead of staying in a hotel. It's the same house that Sandra Bullock rented when she filmed secrets of the yaya sisterhood.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to ncyankee

Morning!

White Unicorn ATC By Lenethren

ACU

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Lenethren

Hey ya’ll……TGIF!!!!! So glad Friday has finally arrived!

Christine, so glad to hear that you all are safe and sound but sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon!

Eileen, good luck with Quincy today!

Rebecca, hope Jim gets to come home today! I hope you and the kids are doing well too!

Looks like “Sandy” is gonna hit us too with lots of wind and either rain or snow! Yuck!

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-26-12 06:10 AM
In response to Anna C

Happy Friday to everyone!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SaraS

Trip is getting weird - at some point we are going to meet Hurricane Sandy - probably around New York. Will be interesting. Don't know what the ship has planned when we get into hurricane waters - we board the ship in a couple hours, guess we will find out.

Here's 2 more, still posting January trip to Hawaii. Haven't done the last trip to Hawaii yet.

Haunama Bay, Hawaii - Left By Henri Jean

Haunama Bay, Hawaii - Right By Henri Jean

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Henri Jean

Christine- I am so glad you made it through Sandy alright.. I have been in my own world this week, but I was worried about you and glad it's all OK..

Hey ladies, thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers. Thanks for posting it here Eileen, I appreciate it.

Still don't know if he's coming home today. Jim sent me a picture of his right forearm/wrist/hand. It is gross, graphic, horrifying.. I cannot imagine him coming home today after seeing what it looks like. Once the doctor checks it, IF it can take a cast, then he gets to be discharged after that. One hour at a time...One day at a time...

I'm at home with no car, holding down the fort and taking care of the kiddos. They are fine because they don't know it's bad, but they are getting whiny because he has been gone for four days now. And the week before that he was in Vegas on business for five days. They miss daddy. When he comes home I need to be here because they always love crawling all over him and that just cannot happen now. Sooo, thinking I am taking tonight off of work. Really, it's just one day and I don't care about bothering with lining up a sitter and a ride. Life sucks, asking for favors from everyone. But I am getting tons of offers and support so I am making it through..

As a for leaving love, I am of course wayyyy behind, don't think I can catch up anytime soon.. Sorry.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to byondbzr

DOO

Happy Halloween banner By Lenethren

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to Lenethren

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if Sandy is going to hit us. I'm hoping it turns north and misses Maryland.

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to autumngold

I am dropping one off actually created by my Honey Bun! I am so proud of him.

Picture Perfect by RJ By Pamela.tx

This picture is not that great because you can't see his stamping, embossing, and distressing he did.

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to pamela.tx

Rebecca, i've been following along on FB. Please do not feel any way to accept offers of help or even ask for help when needed. I am a little peeved (maybe I am being over sensitive) but this morning a really good friend of mine called (she's also Megans godmother) to tell me her mom died yesterday. She had apparently been sick for the last couple months and been in the hospital a while. I asked her why she hadn't called me before to let me know so I could have visited with her and been there to help her through the tough times and the answer was that she figured I had enough dealing with and didn't want to burden me. That really ticked me off a bit ( a lot) but it's not the time or place to get into that. Anyway i guess what i am trying to say is that don't be afraid to reach out to others in times of need. okay, off my soapbox now.

BTW - I have bronchitis says the doctor.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-26-12 12:31 PM
In response to cveira

Christine -that is no good. I've had bronchitis several times before. Takes a while to feel better. So rest up and try to take it easy.

Rebecca -thinking about you lots. I was worried when I didn't see any FB posts from you at all yesterday. You are right, you just need to take it one hour at a time. Seriously wish I was closer to because I would totally be there to help you out in person!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to SaraS

Christine, I'm so happy you & your family are safe and the stormy didn't do much damage. Sorry to hear about your friend's mother...hope you're able to get some rest and feel better soon.

Rebecca, been thinking of you & your family too, hope Jim is able to come home soon and that his recovery goes well. I do understand about asking for help but we all need it sometimes, so please add me to list, if I can help in any way possible I'll be happy to.

to you both, will check back tomorrow...goodnight!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Tena E.

DOO I did for a card challenge

October Card Challenge - Scraplift Your Favorites By Pamela.tx

Lifted from
Thinking of You By Kellyshoaf

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to pamela.tx

Hey ladies! Exhausted, but happy. Just got home from another great crop with lisa. I had 8 or 9 page kits and did 5 pages, and hope to do the rest over the weekend. We had fun, but omg, after sitting for 8+ hours at work, and then another 6+ hours at the LSS, plus time in my car, I feel the need to be active tomorrow! We have gymnastics then Nina's school party (for families) in the am and then we will go to the park in the afternoon.

Lots to catch up on here...Rebecca, what everyone else said. Don't be too afraid or too proud to ask for help. Christine, I'm glad Sandy was no big whoop, but sorry about bronchitis.

All the rest of you in sandy's path: be safe!

Xoxo

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to LesleyC

Morning - -just read from Rebecca that Jim did come home yesterday. But he's in a lot of pain.

Rebecca -- I'm giving you a special hostess dispensation from having to leave any gallery love. LOL. Geez I can't keep up most months and I'm the darn hostess. You take care of your kiddo's and Jim === AND YOURSELF!!!

Getting windy here (ok breezy I'm just being a whimp). We have our big Halloween adoption event today. With a costume contest for the dogs. We make a good bit of money during this event. so I'm really hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

My house is a mess. I got a wild hair to reorganize the kitchen. Well I lost my oomph halfway thru and now it's all over the place. Do you think anyone will come over and finish this stupid project while I'm out at the adoption event. Hint hint Kevin!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to ncyankee

Dropping one off!

Last week totally sucked, but ended on a good note. I'll share more on Monday or Tuesday in regards to that. hehehe

field trip By MelissaW

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MelissaW

Well, I think I am acu on love. And thinking especially of Jim, Anna's town, and those in the way of Sandy. We're still wondering if the dd's will get another October hurricane--last year it was a mess with Irene.

And, now going to take a nap. Got in last night from the 10-day Europe trip, woke up at 4:00 this morning--so, yes, it's nap time!

Page 27 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics