Page 2 of 9 
Username Post: October Colour Challenge - Closed - Winner Announced        (Topic#1581209)
PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to klweist

• klweist Said:
Can I post anytime or do I need to sign up by a certain date? Not sure if I can fit this one in yet.

This is open anytime up to the last day of the month. Join us anytime!

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

jci

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to mommaprov

JCI

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to FinallyMama

Mine for this month:
Follow your dreams By FinallyMama
TFL

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to FinallyMama

Ok. I have been through every single sheet of paper in my voluminous stacks, and I have not ONE SINGLE SHEET of anything that has lavender anything on it. Not one.

The GREEN is no problem, but the lavender/purple ... I'm thinking not so much. I have a dark reddish mauvey color that looks pretty with the green.

I will start LOOKING for lavender, but I am not hopeful of finding something that I will like. I really don't do purple tones.

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to GentlewoodFarms

SO i was going through some papers and was really sad that i have ZERO purple!!!! What I had I used last month. Nothing lavender...nothing dark...BOO..

So i was laying there kinda sad and remembered my AUG kit swap was peridot and the lovely person that created the kit used lavender as the accent color!! The kit was made for this challenge!!!!!

YAY...also very excited that the three day weekend is coming up....SCRAPTASTIC!!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to denielle.c.podraza

Ok I have the opposite issue. I found a pack of paper *that I don't remember buying* that is all shades of sage and purple. It's from big lots, but i can't imagine when I bought it? I must scrap shop in my sleep!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Idol
MrsCDJ

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Ok. I have been through every single sheet of paper in my voluminous stacks, and I have not ONE SINGLE SHEET of anything that has lavender anything on it. Not one.

The GREEN is no problem, but the lavender/purple ... I'm thinking not so much. I have a dark reddish mauvey color that looks pretty with the green.

I will start LOOKING for lavender, but I am not hopeful of finding something that I will like. I really don't do purple tones.

And here I just dyed half my head purple!! (And not just because it is October, it's been getting purple-fied for a year and a half!)

Edited by MrsCDJ on 10-02-12 08:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa

Congratulations to Lesley - September's winner!

'57 Chevy's - September Color Challenge & Page Maps Etc. By LesleyC

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Whoot! Congratulations, Lesley! I LOVED that project!

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa

Pat, it is hard to believe that you don't have one sheet of the lavenders or purples It doesn't have to be the paper, you know - maybe a flower or other embellishment? Misting? Ink - this will really be a challenge for you. Of course, in digi you never have that problem, just change the color on anything!

Glad you are all liking the combo - I had never used it and can't wait to play with it some more - if I ever get this reunion over with!!!!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Idol
MrsCDJ

Congrats Lesley!!

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to MrsCDJ

congrats, super cute lo!!! acu2h

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to mommaprov

Congrats Lesley!

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to pamela.tx

LOL at Lesley's shopping. Congrats on the win!

As far as purple/lavender pp - it's my favorite color, and I don't have very much of it either. It doesn't seem to be as popular a color with the manufacturers because I don't see it much in the stores. If I did, I'd buy it. I have a few loose sheets from Joann and a gingham I got at Michaels, and that's about it. Basic Grey used it in their Fusion line a long time ago, and I used all of it already, I think. I forgot who said (besides Lesley) they just bought a pack with green and purple -- where and what brand and what line? I'd be interested in finding that.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to dancinirish90

• dancinirish90 Said:
LOL at Lesley's shopping. Congrats on the win!

As far as purple/lavender pp - it's my favorite color, and I don't have very much of it either. It doesn't seem to be as popular a color with the manufacturers because I don't see it much in the stores. If I did, I'd buy it. I have a few loose sheets from Joann and a gingham I got at Michaels, and that's about it. Basic Grey used it in their Fusion line a long time ago, and I used all of it already, I think. I forgot who said (besides Lesley) they just bought a pack with green and purple -- where and what brand and what line? I'd be interested in finding that.

Wow, first of all, thank you for the votes! I thought last month's color challenge had some of the best lo's I've seen in the color challenge.

Lisa-Sorry, I should have given that info. It was from Big Lots; the brand was Pressed Petals. I couldn't find an acid free notation anywhere on the package so who knows what my pics will look like when I'm dead and gone. If you can hold off until the crop on 26th, I can bring you some. It's actually really nice quality paper (except for the not being acid free part). I'll try to post a pic of it tomorrow.

And you're right, there is not a ton of purple. BUT Echo Park's little girl line has a fair amount of purple and green. Hobby Lobby generally has that by the page kits.

Edited by LesleyC on 10-03-12 06:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to LesleyC

Just a note on the paper being acid free. My brother owns a paper distributing company and he said they quit using the acid that degrades the quality of paper years ago. Although, a paper may not meet the strict label of acid free because there are chemicals used in the coating process of photos and some printed paper, the chemicals used now do not degrade the paper. I bet you are pretty safe using the paper even tho it does not specifically say acid free. Just my opinion.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

• PamStewart.Iowa Said:
Just a note on the paper being acid free. My brother owns a paper distributing company and he said they quit using the acid that degrades the quality of paper years ago. Although, a paper may not meet the strict label of acid free because there are chemicals used in the coating process of photos and some printed paper, the chemicals used now do not degrade the paper. I bet you are pretty safe using the paper even tho it does not specifically say acid free. Just my opinion.

I figured as much. The whole acid free thing seems *a little* gimmicky to me. Thanks for confirming though.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to dancinirish90

• dancinirish90 Said:
I forgot who said (besides Lesley) they just bought a pack with green and purple -- where and what brand and what line? I'd be interested in finding that.

You mean me? I think i had the pack for a while,
but will definitely look up the name for you)
it's actually quite pretty, pale green with lavender and dark plum colors, with swirls. now I remember why I bought it - for my yet to be started wedding album! my dress had a lilac undertone, hence the purple )) I guess I know now what I'll be scrapping)

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to OlesyaK.

Awww look what I found! soo pretty and just the right colors!

Page 2 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics