Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Sprays        (Topic#1581215)
res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d

Their are so many sprays and I love how they look on projects. Their expensive!! It seems to me that they are watered down acrylics? If not please do sell me on them!! I'm on the fence/:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to res19s2d

Well, first off, there are different kinds of sprays: Ink sprays, color sprays, glimmery sprays, to name a few. They are slightly different. Some are opaque, some are not. Some are shimmery, some are not. They have different formulas. If you look at the sprays here in the store, there are more than 1000!

That said, some people do make their own types of sprays. I've made sprays with alcohol inks and sprays with paint.
Products Referenced in This Post:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-29-12 06:14 PM
In response to res19s2d

Some are a version of acrylics, yes. But definitely not all. Some have glimmer, shimmer, glitter, color, or a combo of all of the above. They can be opaque or sheer.

There are definitely recipes to makes your own, if you're so inclined. I do not have the time to invest in such endeavors so I just buy them. Scrapace sometimes has bundles of Tattered Angels. Lindy's often has a 20% coupon if you get their emails or follow their blog. And sometimes you just need to pay full price to get the latest and greatest

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to stick

I want to get some really bad but I have a feeling this going to be like distress inks!!! I love them and needed to have all the colors I thought I could use or just maybe use lol!(;

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-29-12 06:24 PM
In response to res19s2d

I know exactly how you feel! But with sprays, there are SO many you will easily find that you don't need ALL of them. Lots, yes, but not all

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to res19s2d

On this note, can anyone tell me what glimmer glam spray is? And also the glaze one? I know the glimmer mist, what kind of effect does the glimmer glam spray give and the glaze one? Am stuck on those....

Resident
In response to TheCharmedOne

Oh how I love sprays the inkier the better I use them lots on backrounds... Here are a few examples of Layouts I havve used them on as well as things like molding paste and gesso

Explore By Must_love_paper

Just float around By Must_love_paper

Tricycle By Must_love_paper

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• TheCharmedOne Said:
On this note, can anyone tell me what glimmer glam spray is? And also the glaze one? I know the glimmer mist, what kind of effect does the glimmer glam spray give and the glaze one? Am stuck on those....

They're not actually sprays. If you look at the Glam link, there is a video attached to it that shows the product in action. It is applied with a brush.
If you google Tattered Angels and one of the products, there are videos that pop up.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Here Kitty

There is this woman on a Dutch auction site who sells both products for cheap...I been looking at them quite a lot but because I dont know the products, I havent bought them yet....

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty

I love glimmer mist I got the smaller bottles. When I like a product and there is a TON of colors I like to get a light and dark of each color and call it quits!! lol or I try anyway.

Must love paper I love those backgrounds they are amazing!!

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty

I love glimmer mist I got the smaller bottles. When I like a product and there is a TON of colors I like to get a light and dark of each color like blue green, purple, red, brown and call it quits!! lol or I try anyway.

Must love paper I love those backgrounds they are amazing!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to simplycrafty

I love misting!!! I have lots of bottles! Yes, it is addicting!! I also like to make my own as well!! Misters are very inexpensive, Stampin' up misters are the best, never clog, good size.
You can make misters very easily with water or rubbing alcohol, color (reinker) and glimmer if you want (perfect pearls or Stampin' Up glimmer paint are two options). If I don't have the color I need, I make it myself!!! When I am done, I just wash out my mister, with plain water, make sure you spray the mister with plain water to get rid of any stuck in the straw part too!! Let air dry and ready for next time. Black or dark inks will stain the top of your misters but they still work the same and don't affect them in any way so a good pack of misters lasts a LONG LONG time!!!!!

danigirl786
Veteran
danigirl786

• Here Kitty Said:
Well, first off, there are different kinds of sprays: Ink sprays, color sprays, glimmery sprays, to name a few. They are slightly different. Some are opaque, some are not. Some are shimmery, some are not. They have different formulas. If you look at the sprays here in the store, there are more than 1000!

This! I wish I had known that all spray inks were not created equal about 5 months ago when I first used one! I ruined a lo using adirondack walnut spray ink; it took 5 days to dry completely and totally warped my cardstock. I didn't even overload the page or use the sprayer, just sprinkled it on. That turned me off of sprays, but you guys are lighting my fire to give them another go!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to danigirl786

I did the fence,scarecrow, sign and tree all using glimmer glaze. i love it and want every color of coarse
Pumpkin Patch By ChansGram

danigirl786
Veteran
danigirl786
In response to stick

Any hints on which type of sprays are quick-drying in addition to being opaque?

Resident
In response to danigirl786

these are opaque I love them but you have to make sure you rinse out the nozzel affter every use or they will clog. some of mine spray the outline of a circle because well I was too laze to walk upstairs and rinse it out. lol I am okay with that...

Resident
In response to must_love_paper

ha ha I like the way all the ones I picked out are discontinued (random)

Resident

I almost forgot about the baseboards... these are the same as the chalkboards but without the glimmer

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

Mister Huey sprays are opaque - at least the ones I have seen.

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd

I like using the sprays but I think they're expensive too. I do find though that they give a really different look from acrylic paint. It's more like an airbushed t shirt look to me. If I think I'm going to use a spray I look for a small bottle. I just don't use them enough to shell out for the big ones.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics