Page 1 of 33 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO OCTOBER 2012 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to add a clickable image to your post.
1. Pull up the image you wish to share.
2. To the left of your screen about at the bottom of your image you will see "LINK/EMBED IMAGE". It's just below the Facebook, Twitter, & Pin it buttons. Click the link.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Left click on the copy & paste code box..it will turn blue. Right click on it to paste.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code.

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.
*End of Month photo contest entry deadline: Octoberr 29th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 29th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

October Minis:

1 - a path
2 - flame
3 - incognito
4 - it's time for....
5 - orange
6 - turn it black (& white)
7 - it's my favorite....
8 - a treat
9 - night shot
10 - I get my kicks....

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hello! Cute little monsters Lori!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to Greenacres

I'm in again!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Heather4859

Lori, who says we don't bite!!! Speak for yourself!!!!

Cool mini's!!!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

I"m in. Should be interesting mini's. Will have to see if I can translate any of them into Thanksgiving.

sasload4
Mayor
sasload4
In response to KristaDee

I'm in again too!!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

JCI

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Here I am trying one more time! Hopefully the technical gremlins will stay away from me this month!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Already have two minis figured out.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Evening!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Congrats Linda! September's fav photo!

(I know where you live)

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

I'm in again for October. I really hope to do better this month.

I am very far behind over in September and will get caught up over there before I start here.

Looks like Kate won the poll! Congrats!!

Edited by Anna C on 09-30-12 04:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Anna C

Night everyone!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Anna C

I`d like in again please.

Congrats Linda, it was a great photo.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• desilu3131 Said:
Congrats Linda! September's fav photo!

(I know where you live)

Congrats Linda!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hey ladies!

We ran over to my inlaws yesterday to help put the shingles on the potting shed for dh's mom. Well, we had to backtrack and fix a few things first so it took longer. Dh's sister had helped and convinced mil that they didn't need certain things. Then, after mil got the tar paper up, sil asked if she had put the screws in the roof sheeting that sil had not finished yet. Dh got those in, somehow, under the tar paper. Mil just keeps saying, it is only a potting shed. At least the foundation is stable.

Mil said a funny though and I have to share. She went to Lowe's to get some OSB (plywood). She asked the guy where the SOB was. He kinda looked at her funny and she realized what she said. She was so embarrassed. I laughed so hard the Little Mister got upset. I don't know if he thought I was crying or if I was just too loud. He doesn't like loud noises like the vacuum or blender.

I'm waiting until 9 to make some phone calls. I wish banks would open a little sooner (or answer their phones earlier as I know they have the drive-through open already).

Carolyn, I missed what your system is for potty training Daisy? I am a firm believer in kenneling at night to prevent piddles in the house. Moose did great using that method. They really do like the security of a kennel too, as it simulates a den. After she's trained you can let her back in your room. Hope you figure out what works best!

Have a great day all!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Good morning.

So the raking Jeff and I did on Saturday? Well, you can't really tell that we did any. Guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow. More raking! Not the easiest on the knee but it needs to be done.

I hear you on busy, Sherry! I'm finding that my 3 hours of work Mon/Wed/Fri mornings sure cuts into my regular work load. So, Tuesdays and Thursdays I find myself squishing in as much as possible. Plus October is our busy month for birthdays, and then Thanksgiving yet too. So for the next 3 weekends, we either have a birthday party (two nephews, Crispin and myself) or Thanksgiving. Will be crazy. Oh well, it doesn't last forever.

Guess I should get back to work.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to KristaDee

Finally caught up in September. I guess Linda won the poll and not Kate! So sorry.....I promise I will try to do better this month!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good afternoon! Woke up late and I'm thinkin it's gonna be a jammie's day! Sitting here with a sweater on!!!!

My sister continues to remain stable. But the future is so uncertain. Just got off the phone with my BIL. He is holding up really well; planning on how he can make her life as comfortable as possible when she comes home. If I'm repeating myself, but, I have always said that my sister's marriage is the best I have ever witnessed. Married almost 50 years and the way my BIL looks at her and she at him brings me to tears. She was able to say a few words to me on the phone today...I told her I was praying to Padre Pio, her favorite saint, and she yelled into the phone "all right!!!!" She made me laugh.

I'm truly surprised that I won for September's photo; the photos entered were so beautiful! Thank you!!!!

My 'good' hand started flaring up a few days ago; seeing a hand dr this week....long story; had an appt with a dr I researched; after waiting a month to see him, his office called last week to say due to some paper work problem, he can't accept medicare. So they referred me to the dr I have an appt with this week. Can't find that much about her online. Doesn't make me happy....don't even know if she will 'touch' me. Seems when dr's find out something went wrong in one hand, they're afraid to come near me!!! Oy

I can't do much crafting lately as neither my hands want to cooperate, nor can I find my muse, but thankfully photography I can do and it brings me pleasure. Look forward to fall photos...both mine and yours!!!!!

Happy Monday

Page 1 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics