Page 3 of 33 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Linny, I hope you find some relief for your hand soon. And I am glad to learn that your sister is continuing to improve.

Lori, so glad your dd was able to get rid of that stone. The poor child has really suffered.

Hello to everyone else!

Edited by Anna C on 10-02-12 11:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Linny I am thinking of you and your sister. I am happy to hear your sister's DH is a good man who will do everything he can to help yous sister. I'm not sure how common that is anymore.

Lori I hope you are not too sore today. I'm doing some painting myself today. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up tonight.

Carolyn how's the potty training going?

Good news both my lettuces and garlic have come up. Day time highs are still in the 80s but the night time is the low 40s so I getting my little buddies some water walls to stay warm and happy over night.

Have a great day everyone!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Good morning. Have a to-do list to accomplish today.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Missa...what are you painting?

Feeling pretty good today + weigh in went better than I expected....down a few lbs. I have to meet my mom today at some point about 35 minutes away from me. She has stuff for me and I have stuff for her. It's been about a month since we've met on our usual Friday to go to the store together. She's been working on her house and of course I've been busy with DD's house. It's a nasty misty, dreary day. I don't mine the dreary but the mist can go...my hair does not like it!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to desilu3131

ACU
Missa, I am afraid to say much about it, but Daisy has pottied (both) outside 2x today. And the last time she actually told me she needed to go out! With her, it is two steps forward and one back. But, she is beginning to understand if she pottys on the floor she will be sent to her room. Kinda funny, I found where she had pottied on the floor. I just called her and when she seen what I was looking at, w/o a word from me, she went straight to her room. Shows me that she KNOWS it is a No-No! It sure seems like she poops more often than she should but, she is growing and is not "wormy" so, I guess she is just like a baby. They poop a lot more often when they are little, don't they?
Anyhoo, I need to get busy shooting! Right now, I am drawing a blank!
BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

This mommy ain't too happy with her baby.... got a call from his teacher - turns out he disappeared from class today, not once but 2x. And when questioned on it by the teacher, he was blatantly disrespectful. And he hasn't been eating the yogurt I send to school, he's been messing it up all over the floor/desk... apparently he doesn't like what I've been sending him, but didn't want to bring it home because then I'd know he wasn't eating it (he didn't tell me, because he helped me pick this carton of assorted yogurts out, and was told he had to eat all of the flavours). So, this mean mommy, cancelled his birthday party. And took away his toys from his room (he had to help carry them to the basement), and took away all electronic privileges. We also took away his right to attend his cousins birthdays (there's two this month). One of us will just have to stay at home with him. We had lots of tears.... but I'm tired of this. Just wish I knew what to do. He knows the rules, he knows he needs to obey them, he knows he's not supposed to be disrespectful or lie.... he just chooses to make bad decisions. Does anyone have any helpful hints/tips/advice? I'm at my wits end.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Wow Krista...how long are his privileges taken away? I hope him knowing that the teacher is communicating with you will help with the situation at school. He's going to be one bored boy. Is he still allowed to read?

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Mini #2 FLAME By Erjaan

MINI #10 I get My Kicks....(on Route 66) By Erjaan

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to erjaan

Lori - he is still allowed to read, and he has his trains left, although they will be next to go if something doesn't change. I really hated taking his birthday party away from him, but I hope he understands and comes to realize that with disobedience there are consequences. (there have always been, so I'm at my wits end, trying to figure out why he thinks he can try to get away with stuff).

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista I had to giggle about the yogurt thing. My kids would have trashed it and I wouldn't have had a clue. Some kids are just stubborn. Keeping my finger crossed...but I haven't really had any major issues with my kids. Just normal kid stuff. Kristiaan by far was my most disobedient child. She even claimed in elementary school she was adopted! Guess she didn't know that paper would be up in the hallway for parent teacher conferences, lol! Uriah is normally a pretty good kid. Just of late he has tried to push me a bit. He's bigger than me but I can still take him and he knows it!! Everyone has their own way of discipline...I personally spanked when they needed it! Uriah was always so big that I had to tape two 5 gallon paint stirrers together. After a time or two getting a swat on the bum all I had to do was act like I was going for it. We named it PeeWee. With Kristiaan...I'd threaten with DAD when she was little. She was one of those kids you could spank and she would laugh in your face. She spent a ton of time with her nose in the corner! When my girls would fight I'd make them sit on the couch face to face and hug. Oh how they hated that but it was effective! I found that out a few weeks ago, lol!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Krista, does Crispin give any excuse for his behavior? Just curious.
I can only remember a couple of times being spanked as a child. I remember one time in particular that Daddy spanked me. Let's just say I really really deserved it.
But, for the most part, all Daddy had to do was give me a look and I knew I had better straighten up and fly right. Mama, too for the most part.
It sounds like Crispin is seeing just how far he can push his limits. Good luck and hang in there.
Think I am going to turn in and read for a bit. Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

I think I'm ready to hit the hay too! Our Chik-fil-a is doing free breakfast Wednesdays this month again. It must really be a hit because they used to only do it once a year. I think this is already the 3rd time this year. I went last week and Uriah has said he wants to go tomorrow (I hope I can wake him early enough). Last week, the car in front of me paid for my waffle fries.....so nice!! Have a fabulous evening everyone! I have had $20 in Kohls cash sent to me and I am looking for new utility room curtain toppers or new knee high boots tomorrow. Wonder what will win out? I also want to find some sort of pointer finger protector at the craft store....Uriah has his last session of acceleration tomorrow right after school. After this week he is on a 2 week Fall break!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Krista, so sorry for the aggravation! I became VERY close acquaintence with my sons' teachers and principal (unfortunately). I realized years later why they were acting out, and happy to report they are both in their thirty's and no longer crawling under desks and starting fights. Or so they say!!!!! The only thing a parent can do is to keep the lines of communication opened. Most times kids act out because they can't or won't talk about feelings and stuff. It's so frustrating.

Good night! Oh and Kate, stop hanging around the men's room...people are beginning to talk!!!!

Edited by Linnny on 10-02-12 06:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - I'd get the boots.

We spanked too. Cody didn't need it very often, he was the type that threatening him with it worked just as well. Crispin got spanked, but that seems to have stopped working. Groundings don't seem to help, so we've gone a little more extreme. I just wish I knew what else to do. It's really tempting to go talk to our Pastor and see if there's a counselor that we can talk to.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to KristaDee

Krista you have talked about about Crispin's behavior in the past, he certainly has a record of being naughty. I'm sorry that it has come to this, but it sounds like he has been asking for it. Young kids need the boundries. The only advice I could give is to give him the opportunity to earn back priveliges so he sees that good behavior is rewarded. It's hard work being a mom. I know you give it your all and you are a really great mom.

Lori I hope you enjoy your breakfast.

I did get my painting done and tomorrow I am breaking out the power tools to get started on a table unless of course I get my 10 percent off coupon from Lowes in my inbox.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Photos

October JFF By MissaOnTheRun

October POD 1 By MissaOnTheRun

October mini Orange By MissaOnTheRun

October POD 2 New Pet By MissaOnTheRun

sasload4
Mayor
sasload4

Morning all, I've yet to go to bed heading there now, I've got all I want to say written down, so I will post later on today way to tired now.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

Good morning!

Breakfast was delish! I've been working on invoicing....bleck! Now off to do some shopping. Uriah has a short day and also his last acceleration today. I hope he pushes hard...today will tell how much he improved over his sessions.

Missa...awesome painting job!

Krista...I really want some boots! I finally have two pair of jeans that I can wear them with.

Sandra....did you stay up ALL night?

BBL!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to sasload4

I'm here

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to WeeFaerie

Good morning! Another rainy fallish day here. Plan on doing some cooking and visiting Camille tonight. Did our supermarket shopping last night....I swear, I shop as if we are a family of 5!!!!

Debi, lovin your lil camera!

Have a 'snappy' day!

Page 3 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics