Page 31 of 33 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to 2xblessed

Here it is Oct. 30th, and I don't think I have submitted one photo for the entire month.

It's been hectic again this month. (how did I do all this when I was working?)

DGD had a halloween/slumber party here over the weekend. I have been preparing for that most of the month. Decorations, games for 7 year old girls, prizes, food, hayride, scavenger hunt. Got the party room in the barn all cleaned. Whew......

Party was a success, DGD said the girls are talking about having a Christmas/slumber party. Uh, I think not.

Been keeping my youngest GD two days a week, so that keeps me busy too, then I put the oldest one up from school at least 3 days a week.

Was still having problems with my feet, the inserts needed an adjustment. They are still not 100% but better. Am doing therapy on my leg from the surgery.

Enough of me. Hope to get back into the swing of things for Nov challeng.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Marilee55

Marilee...those girls are keeping you hopping! I'm sure you are loving it too!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to desilu3131

WAITING FOR MORE NEWS FOR MANY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON THE EAST COAST. Looks like I may be waiting for a few days on some.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

LINDA ( I'm Yelling!!) Please let us know if you are safe and sound!!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

I'm heeeeeeeeeere!!!!

We are fine! We are so lucky....we have power and no property damage!!!!! Sooo many were not as lucky! So many trees down; beaches washed away! There is a 40' boat on the train tracks! The videos of the force of the water is frightening. There is a pic of a shark in someone's yard where the ocean swept ashore! Of course, there are always those who decided to not evacuate and then cried for help and put everyone in danger!!! Oh, and there are videos of homes submerged in water and on fire!...... just goes on and on. I am glued to the TV. And of course, we lost lives....prayers for those suffering.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Linny I hope you are doing well too!

Kate, I am waiting for an update from a friend too. They live in MD I am sure that they are without power and will be in touch soon. Last FB update was that they were instructed to hit the basement and they were on their way after getting together some fun things to do for their slumber party.

Marilee, sounds like you have been busy. I hope the adjustments get you to 100%.

Krista how is your mom doing today?

This morning on my way to drop G off at school a bull walked out into the road in front of me. Thank goodness we were in town so the speed limit is 35. We were just cruisin' down the highway when 25 yards in front of me a bull decided it needed to get at the foliage from street side. Jeez Louise was I scared, we stopped plenty short of the bull, but holy cow that guy was huge.

Have a good day everyone.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to MissaOnTheRun

My Mom is doing great. Sister called this morning - she had gotten a phone call - Mom and Dad were enjoying breakfast out! So she's been released from the hospital. Will probably call her tomorrow to see what the tests all said. Don't have time today.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to KristaDee

Linny, glad you are safe! You were indeed blessed!
Marilee, hope your leg and feet get better with therapy and adjusted inserts. Those grand kids sure keep you hopping.
Krista, great news on mom!
Missa, glad you were able to stop in time. Hitting a bull would not be fun for you or the bull!
Kate, I hope all of your friends are safe and you here from them soon! I have a friend in Waldorf (sp.) Maryland that I should check on.
Lori, how are you feeling today?
Think I am caught up on chat.
Off to eat lunch. BBL

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

Linny I am so glad you are fine. The force of the storm was awesome in the most literal sense.
I have been watching coverage too, it's all rather frightening.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

a few more pics....

mini 7 ~ it's my favorite By Linnny

mini 8 ~ a treat By Linnny

I survived hurricane Sandy! By Linnny

Yay, nothing went airborne!!!!!!!!!!!! By Linnny

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Hi everyone!

Carolyn...feeling pretty good today although I've been doing a bunch of nothing. Trying to baby myself. The workers are neck deep in my yard again. Gas was shut off when I left to get Uman...it's back on now, newly connected. Uriah is not feeling good. He's finishing up homework then I'm making him get his warm jammies on and resting the evening away. We have 3 games this weekend.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Kate that is very creative use for Jello!

Krista I am glad your Mom is better.

Missa we am not near the earthquake zone but thank you for thinking of us.

Carolyn my experience with dogs and boots is the boots never stay on for very long. I do have two though that I can give you if you want to try it. They come in a set of four but Finnegan has destroyed two. To be honest the other two have teeth marks but they are definitely wearable so if you want them just let me know.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Lenethren

Linny, glad you are ok.
Lori, tell Uriah I hope he feels better soon.
Dyana, if you are sure you don't need the boots I would love to have them. That way I can try them out and see how Daisy reacts to them before I buy any. I imagine Daisy will chew and pull them off, but I still want to try.
Lori, I got another one of the books I won. I like how they almost always arrive within a couple of days after winning them.
Think I am going to go read on one.
BBL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI.

Carolyn...I'm not super excited about this book I won. I think it will be interesting nonetheless. U is feeling better, I think.

I have no luck timing wise when it comes to posting the poll or when it ends. Tomorrow I am meeting my mom at our 1/2 way point. She totally forgot that my DSD went to the DR about 4 months ago for his back. He has left over pills. I'm going to try them....muscle relaxers. They are minimal milligram and I've searched them on the net. No more of that pain stuff that makes me sick. Didn't even touch the pain....so not worth it. I stopped by my aunts house today and she tried to give some of the same stuff....I flat out turned it down, lol!

Anyway...I may or may not be here when the poll ends. Feel free to post the winner if I happen to not be back in time.

Going to try to sit in bed and knit. Not sure how that will work out but it should be more comfy than my desk chair. I have one of those warming patches I found in my closet on now. It was outdated of course but it seems to be working some. Apparently I need to give that closet a good going through, lol!

Night everyone!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn, I can send the boots on Thursday.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Lenethren

Darn it!
I had typed a long post and hit the wrong key and poof! It's gone.
Anyhoo, Lori hope your back gets better fast. And I can relate to needing to clean closets. I did work on Mama's which was later John's and gave a lot of clothes to my friend to try and sell for me. Which book is it that you are not excited about?
Dyana, thanks so much!
Those of you who remember my friend, Annette whose son died of brain cancer, please remember her in your prayers this week. Thursday is the 1-year anniversary of his death. I miss him so much, I cannot begin to imagine her pain.
If you have a healthy child, thank God and give them an extra long hug every chance you get, because you just never know.
Good Night Ladies!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to 2xblessed

A last photo to share for the month. Finnegan making sure his costume is a good fit for tomorrow night. I am sure he will be a good help in handing out candy lol

Here comes Santa Paws... By Lenethren

Carolyn the boots I will be sending are very much like the ones in this photo except a bit darker and a tad bigger.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lenethren

Carolyn, thinking of Annette and sending prayers for peace. I too can not imagine losing a child.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Morning!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Carolyn...the book I just won is A Wicked War: Polk, Clay, Lincoln, and the 1846 U.S. Invasion of Mexico.

I'm off to work on Nov. sign ups...BRB!

Page 31 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics