Page 4 of 33 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Linnny

Good morning!

Krista, I took dd’s toys and privileges away several times during her late elementary and early middle school days. They weren’t given back to her. She had to earn them back. How long it took to earn them back depended on how bad her actions were. But the small privileges were given back after a few days or a week or so depending on the circumstance. From past experience, taking everything away just made her act out more because she had nothing to lose. At least that was our experience. I said this to her many times…”Every action has a consequence and every consequence has a price. What that price is depends on you.” Our dd was and is very social so losing her privileges to school and church functions really hit her hard. And like Lori, I spanked too. DH and I both did. In looking back over those years, I don’t regret the spankings I gave her but I really regret the screaming and shouting at her that I did. I hope things settle down for him soon.

Have a lovely day ladies!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Anna C

Talked with Crispin's teacher this morning before school started. We will be meeting with the school guidance counselor/psychiatrist. I'm hoping that she can see something that we are missing, or maybe that there is a bigger issue (something like ADD, ADHD, Autism...) and then go from there.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista I think that is a good plan!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to desilu3131

Krista, I too feel this is the best route to take. All the best!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Linnny

I think that's a great plan too, Krista. Good luck.

Here's my first photo for October.

October POD 1 By Anna C

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Anna C

Krista I hope that your school can give you the help you need. Hang in there Mom, Crispin will be ok.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to MissaOnTheRun

JCI
Krista, Peyton (my great-nephew) is ADHD. When he forgets his medicine or the level needs adjusting, he is so wild that he can't stand himself! I hope the school can help. I also would consider talking to his doctor about his behavior.
NTS Start with Missa on page 2.
Off to fix lunch!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I was feeling pretty and I knew there was a reason I could share here - you are all so supportive and encouraging. and (well, maybe not the !)

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to KristaDee

Krista I hope you find answers soon.

I still have Lucky the crow, actually the kids changed his name to Lucky Dog because the bowl he uses for his baths say DOG on the side lol. I`m going to call a parrot place I heard about to see if they will help as the rehab only wants to kill him. If nothing else I want help trimming his nails. Normally his hunting, scavenging and daily routines would help keep his nails trim but here that doesn`t happen. I am worried I will break what trust he has with me if I have to pin him down and cut his claws. A photo from today of him...

POD#3 - In flight... By Lenethren

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Lenethren

Had a nice surprise just now! One of my neighbors told someone to come down and mow my yard! I asked him how much and he said nothing. Hopefully, this will be the last time it will need mowing this year.
ACU
Still stuck on something to shoot.
BBL

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Hang in there Krista "this too shall pass". You are doing all the right things with the school and hope you will see results. Does his brother have a clue to it all?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Evening!

Just got home from my dads. I made banana bars with brown butter icing and took him some while they were still warm. He hates cherry anything and dislikes only one fruit more...bananas!! Why did I not know that, lol! He'll save them for my brother when he sees him this weekend.

Uriah did so well today at acceleration. His trainer was pleased with is outcome over the last 16 weeks. He doubled his beginning score in nearly everything. Basically they have a variety of things they do during each session. They are tested to start and monitored throughout and tested again at the end. He worked really hard today.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Uriah! Way to go!
JCI Think I am going to back to my book.
Good Night Ladies.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Night

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning everyone!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Morning Lori!

It's rainy here today. Started yesterday afternoon. While I am very thankful it's raining, we need the moisture so bad - I'm kicking myself just a little bit because I should have raked the yard the other day. Now I will have wet soggy leaves to clean up! Oh well. Just very glad it's raining.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Morning!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Anna C

Good Morning! It is a beautiful day @156 Snider Rd.!
Did not sleep much last night, which is not good because I have so many errands I need to do today. Oh well, I will just come home and crash!
Have a great day ladies!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!

Rainy and dreary here! Even with the skylight over my desk, I have the ceiling light on...

Carolyn, I didn't sleep well either! Next time I'll come over and we can chit chat over a warm cup of milk!!!

Have new hand dr appt...hope it goes well.

Visited with Camille last night. I'm so thankful for how well she is doing, but I realized last night how far she needs to go. At times she thinks she is somewhere else; or she can't remember simple things; raising her arms is a big effort and she can't always do it. I feel for her daughter...they are 'best buddies'.

Peace

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

• desilu3131 Said:
Evening!

Just got home from my dads. I made banana bars with brown butter icing and took him some while they were still warm. He hates cherry anything and dislikes only one fruit more...bananas!! Why did I not know that, lol! He'll save them for my brother when he sees him this weekend.

Uriah did so well today at acceleration. His trainer was pleased with is outcome over the last 16 weeks. He doubled his beginning score in nearly everything. Basically they have a variety of things they do during each session. They are tested to start and monitored throughout and tested again at the end. He worked really hard today.

OK,LORI, I've heard of Brown Butter icing but what is it?

Page 4 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics