Page 5 of 33 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn and Linda
I didn't sleep too well last night maybe the three of us could meet somewhere in the middle like Kansas City and chat. You do have private jets don't you?

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to erjaan

Linny I feel for Camille's daughter too. I can't imagine something like that happening to my mom. Is Camille on the schedule the Drs. anticipated for her. Who is the new drain working. How are you doing?

Lori please share this brown butter icing with us. My eyes got big just thiking about it.

Anytime Krista!

All of our trees are turning here, except the one in my front yard. I wish it would so G and I can play in the leaves. I really ready for autumn. These 85 degree days are getting old. I'm ready for sweaters and jeans.

G is doing so well in school. She is playing with all of the children and only giving a quick sniffle when I leave. She keeps bringing home all sorts of stuff. Yesterday it was a plastic cup with two grasshoppers she caught on her nature walk.

Ohh one more update. I am on the Board of Directors for the White Moutain S.A.F.E. House. I attend my first meeting in October and I am so excited to be apart of this organization. It is a home that offers 120 day emergency housing to women fleeing dangerous homes. They have been around almost 20 years and now they are turning more of their energy to serving the children of domestic abuse. Having taught and mentored children in Detroit I think I can really help the organization with its new goals.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

The brown butter icing was nasty sweet! That being said I am not an icing fan and even less fan of powdered sugar icing.

Frosting:
1/2 C butter ( I use unsalted)
4 C powered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 TBSP milk

Brown butter in saucepan (it will turn dark and smell nutty) remove from heat.
Add powdered sugar, vanilla , and milk. Whisk together until smooth (thicker than glaze thinner than frosting).

I pinned this recipe on my RECIPE board on Pinterest if you are interested in the recipe in its entirety. Banana Bread Bars-Brown Butter Frosting

This recipe made a jellyroll pan full. I could have used 1/2 the icing IMO.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

Missa what a great organization to be part of!

Linda....although your sister has a long way to go she has made great progress! Good luck with the new hand DR! I'm anxious to see what he says!

Kate....everything is better with brown butter! I have even made brown butter ice cream. I no longer make regular rice krispy treats....kids HAVE to have brown butter ones!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

JCI. BBL!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Greenacres

JCI. This day has flown by. Trying my hand at baby mittens today. I made Uriah some energy bites and they are quite tasty. Found the recipe on Pinterest. Pulled out pork chops for dinner too. Now when I get home I must mow. DH did the front yard but the back is still waiting. It is supposed to be 40 degrees colder by tomorrow, I think. Maybe Sat and rain is coming in soon. Sunday I can vacuum the pool and finish getting the chemicals in for closing!

Off to get Uman...BBL!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - what are you doing with the pork chops? I have some on the counter too for supper.

Well, I think that rain that has been falling since yesterday is getting a little "thicker", a little more substantial, and a little whiter! Looks like we might have some snow in the air. If it is snow - it's melting before it hits the ground.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Krista....I suppose I'll just pan cook them unless DH wants to fire up the grill. Usually unless we are cooking several things at once we don't bother with the grill. We do however have about 10 Italian Sausages in the fridge....hum....might have to actually fire the grill up! I'm also having baked potatoes & edamames. Trying to fix better dinners for us, especially Uriah.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Hi all!

Missa, not sure if the drain is working properly! Today they did a swallowing test and what she swallows is not going where it's supposed to? (that's the explanation I received from my BIL) They have her back on IV drip. And, today she is just lying in the bed staring. Will not say a word. They scheduled an EKG for tomorrow. It's such a rollercoaster of emotions....up and down.....

Lori, the hand doctor seemed very nice. She spent time with me; I tried to interview her....she has done many CT releases; she was Director of Hand Surgery at SUNY; she feels I need the surgery; was reluctant, but gave me an injection so I can get some sleep. Suggests I schedule surgery.

Oh, and thanks for the lovely autumn package...LOVE it and the fragrance is deeelish!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

You're welcome Linda.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Lori - I baked mine with an olive oil and sun-dried tomato salad dressing dumped over top. They got a little dry as DH was stuck at a service call almost an hour longer than needed, and I forgot to turn the oven down. Sure was tasty though. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to KristaDee

working on my photos from the summer. Trying to get them all edited as near to perfection as possible so when I show them at the camera club no one snickers or yawns. LOTS of work yet to do.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

Krista...DD ended up cooking ours for dinner tonight. It was good!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Oct. #1 By Desilu3131

mini #5 orange By Desilu3131

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

JCI

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Heather4859

Evening all.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Night ladies!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU on love!
Will try to catch up on chit chat tomorrow. Daisy and my bed are calling for attention!
Good Night Ladies!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to 2xblessed

JCI and leaving chit-chat love.

LINNY - Congrats on Septembers win, it's a fantastic photo.
Hoping that this doctor will fix your hand to what it should be. Doctors here in my area are dropping Medicare and Medicaid patients like flies.
Your sister is a strong woman and she will do well especially with a loving husband and a great sister by her side.
I cannot shop for just 2, well now the house is full again I still buy like I'm feeding an army. lol

KRISTA - Canadian Thanksgiving. What is a typical meal, and when is it celebrated?
Know that you are doing all the right things with Crispin. How old is he? If he keeps up his nonsense will the school allow you to be in the classroom with him as a form of punishment? Does he still ride his bike to school? What about a policeman talking to him? If he doesn't change his ways what the future road will be for Crispin that kind of thing.
Good luck with the meeting at the school. Jaque, my oldest daughter was diagnosed with ADD and did well on meds. Greta, the youngest with ADHD and had a variation of meds as her body became immune to them every 6 months.
We had 8 inches of rain last week within 72hrs. It was needed, and now the temps are dropping and I'm loving it. It reminds me of home although at this time of year in Scotland it's much, much colder, brrrrr.....

CAROLYN - Potty training our dogs has always been with the kennel method.
A 100 books a year, WOW that's super. I'm lucky if I read two a year unless reading DGDs books at night to her counts. LOL.
My Mum had 'THE LOOK' and a great backhand until my brother and I knew at what length we could smart off and not get hit, but Mum got us other ways.
Getting a chore done for you is always a nice thing, and mowing the grass is a chore I hate.

LORI - Great news about Kristiaan, now back to normal life!!!
The face-to-face hug thing I did with my girls. LOL. I remember one time they got into it at Target, so I made them do it right then and there in the main aisle. People laughed, and the girls were mortified, NEVER DID IT AGAIN... in public anyways!!!
I didn't stay up all night only got about three hours of sleep and then got up again.
Did you buy the boots?
Go Uriah, doubling his scores, YAY!!!
Where do you find your wee cartoon emoticons? I think that's what they call them.

MISSA - What is the colour of green and brand of paint you used? I really love the colour.
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, AND BRAVO!!!

DEBI - Love the wee camera

DYANA - Did you have any success with the parrot place for Lucky Dog!!!

Life is a laugh right now. The washing machine broke with a load of towels in it off to the laundrette tomorrow morning haven't done this since I was first married. Thank goodness DH is on holiday this week he's going with me.

I'm asking for your prayers please. My cousin, Vincent is in ICU and is very ill. Here's a brief history:
At 10 (he's 24 now) was diagnosed with a brain tumour on his piturity gland. The gland and tumour were removed.
From the surgery was left with tunnel vision.
From the surgery now has water diabetes, I can't remember the name for it, sorry.
Two years later the tumour grew back, radiation killed it. Vincent has been told that if the tumour comes back again there is nothing else to be done for him.
Has to have hormone shots for the rest of his life.
Developed a rare disease in his right leg that has left it very deformed.
Has such a want for sugar he has put on a terrible amount of weight. The water diabetes.
Two weeks ago had gasteric bypass and was only supposed to be in the hospital THREE days, he's still there.
Since being in hospital he's lost 32lbs and has not eaten by mouth in two weeks.
Developed a severe infection, has liquid in his stomach, turned out to be old blood. Is having severe #2 problems. Scan reveled a hole in his bowl done by the gasteric surgeon.
Yesterday he had a major surgery to remove the part of the bowl with the hole in it, and not only was there a hole, but an abcess too!!!!
He's in ICU with two gastro bags attatched to him and two more drainage bags for the blood that is still going into his stomach.
His Mum passed away when he was 16, he was in hospital then with a massive infection and his big sister passed away 3 years ago.
SO I PLEASE ASK FOR YOUR PRAYERS FOR HIM.

Thanks ladies so much!!

Edited by sasload4 on 10-05-12 12:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

Morning!

Sandra my goodness! Vincent is certainly going through it. Will definitely keep him lifted in prayer! 24 is awfully young to be going through so much!

I found NO boots nor curtains. Came home empty handed but am still looking for both. Try photobucket for the cute animated stuff. You don't have to have an account....just use the search box.

Meeting with my accountant today I hope. Uriah starts 2 weeks of Fall break after today. He hates sitting in the office with me so I'm going to try to get all that business stuff done today.

Page 5 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics