Page 6 of 33 
Username Post: October Photo Fun        (Topic#1581227)
WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to desilu3131

Good morning!

Keeping Vincent in my thoughts, I'm so sorry for all he is going through...

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to WeeFaerie

Lori - I was going to say Fall break already, till I remembered U-man has been in school a lot longer than my boys.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KristaDee

Sandra - Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend. Monday is the actual holiday day. A typical meal consists of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes/yams, usually a hot veggie of choice. And then you get the salads: lettuce salad, fruit salad, jello salad... Then if we are celebrating with Jeff's grandparents, then there's always fresh buns. And then dessert - there's always pumpkin pie, fruit pies, chocolate pies, maybe some fancy cheesecakes....

This year I'm bring gluten free desserts. Found a recipe on Pinterest for a mini cinnamon cheesecake with pumpkin pie topping. All of DH's favorite tastes. May make a chocolate gluten free as well, as I don't like pumpkin.

Crispin is 7 on Tuesday. It has been a better week. He hasn't ridden his bike to school the last few days as it's too wet and there's a cold wind. Last thing I need is him getting sick.

Well, it's off to school and then work. Talk to you all later.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to KristaDee

Hugs and prayers, Sandra!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

Sandra, so sorry to hear all Vincent has gone through...sending prayers!!!!

Krista, dh and I have spent a couple of Thanksgivings in your beautiful country!! I'm drooling over your menu!

It's a lovely day here...sun is shining.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Sandra I'll keep Vincent in my thoughts today. He must be a very strong man to traverse all of the obstacles put before him until now. I wish the best for him.

Krista I am glad to hear that Crispin had a good week.

Lori two weeks off that seems like a long time. IN Michigan there is no Autumn break and here in AZ the kids get one week off. Of course MI starts school the day after Labor Day.

Kate I'm sure those photos will look magnificent after you are done with them. I'm sure they already look good.

Today G and I are going up the hill to run errands. K-mart, Grocery and Sears. Toph wants a new TV which is fine we have an old 19 inch (you know the really heavy wide ones) the only problem is he wants a 40 inch flat screen and i'd like a 20 inch flat screen. I'm going to check them out today. Considering how much more TV he watches than me i'm sure I'll just let him pick.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Missa...we have a big flat screen in the living room and a small one in the bedroom. I HATE the small one. Can't see a thing on it and if you're at a certain angle you can't see anything but weirdness. Go for the big one. Matter of face, Uriah has an old one in his bedroom and we have been thinking of switching ours with his. His is on a wall mount he can watch from his bed. Ours in on top of DH's armoire at the foot of the bed. There is enough room to just walk between the two.

We are on the extended calendar now this school year. We've never had anymore than 2 days off for Fall Break (not counting the weekend).

It's rainy & nasty out...the cold is on the way too! I did make it to the accountant's office so now I won't have to put U through all that boredom! LOL!

Krista..your Thanksgiving sounds about like ours. Do you do cranberry sauce?

Oh...the first reports cards are out. Well, I haven't seen it yet but the 9 weeks are over already. Doesn't seem possible. I do know Uriah has passing grades. I love how I can look online everyday (if I want) and see how he's doing. One grade was iffy and I emailed his teacher. She hadn't input everything yet so his grade ended up much better than I saw.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

CRANBERRY SAUCE!!!!!! I knew I was forgetting something. I eat the turkey only because I can slather it with cranberry sauce.

This year for Jeff's extended (grandparents, and his Dad's siblings and all their kids and grandkids) family gathering it's potluck, so it won't be a traditional meal (when we are all together, we are almost 50 people). We won't be that many this year. I know I'm bring dessert, someone is bringing pies, some are bringing salads, one is bringing sweet and sour sausage with rice.... not sure what anyone else is bringing, but they are all amazing chefs, so it will be tasty.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

JCI again...time to pick up Uriah. Hockey tonight. Have to leave early due to Friday traffic. Should be fun since it's raining too. Makes it 2x as bad. Plus, I've got skates to get sharpened and a helmet to fix....hope the pro shop is open for us.

BBL tonight.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

I went with a different TV than either of us wanted. I ended up getting a 46 inch. I cost a bit more, but the quality was much higher. I figure now that I have winter I'm going to need one.

Little miss G is napping so I'm going to sit on my tushy for a bit and relax. It's a real ordeal to run all of the errands at once up the hill. We made 7 stops! G was a champ, I love that little thing.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Sandra, I don't know the paint color today but it's by Olympic and it's in their natural colors pallette. You can pick it up at Lowes. I'll be back to Lowe's next week and I'll get the name for you.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Nov. 2012 POD & Mini #8 A Treat By 2xblessed

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to 2xblessed

So many needing prayers. Praying for God's Healing/Comforting hand on each individual!
It has been another gorgeous day here. I love Fall!
Need to get off and take Daisy out to potty. Right now she is in her room (aka: Doggy Jail) for not pottying when and where she is suppose to.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Carolyn...my mom used to take our puppies out every 15 minutes and would not let them out of her sight. Does she get a treat when she does go outside?

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Off for the night.

We have to be back at the rink by 7 in the morning. Have a great evening! U is already passed out and has been for about 1/2 hour.

Have a great evening!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to KristaDee

Evening all! Its been crazy windy here for two days now.

Sorry, I know these are similar shots, I could not decide which one I liked most, so I'm posting all 3

October Photo Fun #1 By Mrs PaulyD
October Photo Fun #2 By Mrs PaulyD
October Photo Fun #3 By Mrs PaulyD

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Heather4859

OK, so I haven't left just yet. DH is making a 4th meal run..shame!!!!

Been looking at Pinterest. Found a pumpkin dump cake crock pot post that looks interesting. I do have a can of pumpkin that need used....hum......

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Yes Lori, Daisy is given a small treat and lots of praise when she goes potty outside. And if she poops an even bigger treat. If she fails to do anything, she is put in her kennel for about 45 minutes and then taken outside to try again. This is Dr. Bob's suggestion. She is on a leash when she goes out and is never out of might sight. The biggest problem I have with her is her attention span! Can a dog be ADHD? She will act like she is ready to potty and then spots a twig or bug and forgets!
Oh well, think it is time to turn in.
Good Night Ladies!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

Morning!

Carolyn...she's a Jack Russel mix, right? If so, well, that explains it. Plus, it's the puppy in her!

I just turned my oven on. It was 67 in the house. Left one rink to come home to another, lol! It is simply gorgeous out! The sun coming up this morning on the colored leaves was incredible!

Page 6 of 33 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics