Page 3 of 17 
Username Post: October Cricut Challenge Closed and scrapping        (Topic#1581241)
ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to njr007

Oh, and I an ACU!

I tried to use CCR yesterday to do my LO and for some reason it would'nt work. I had the cuts all set on my mat, clicked the cut button and the little clock/timer thingy would flash up there like it was getting ready and then would just go away. I have never had that happen?? Just wondered if it had to do with the internet and then got me thinking how it wouldn't be a good idea for PC to only offer CCR as an option, like Di said, if they were to go only digital. Bad idea PC!

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to ChansGram

I WAS going to scrap today BUT husband is home sick sleeping in the bed and my scrap stuff is all in the bedroom so.....I do have a spooky block project I need to do so maybe I will do that in the kitchen!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to NMscrapper

• NMscrapper Said:
Therapy By NMscrapper

Here's my first one. Used Basic Shapes for the hexagons and hex shadows.

Was wondering if you were meaning George Basic shapes for the hexies, cause I don't see it on there? I had always wondered if I had a cart that had hexies on it, but didn't think I did.
Is there more than 1 basic shapes cart?

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

I think I found it!
It's from the E2- cricut font and Basic shapes?

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to ChansGram

I had a big scare last nite with my gypsy! I was all ready to cut and when I plugged the gypsy into my cricut I got a message on the gypsy that said I wasn't connected to my cricut. I tried unplugging it several times and even shut it down but still kept getting the same message. I was in a panic....I don't think I can scrap without my gypsy! Then I glanced at my cricut....it wasn't turned on! Talk about feeling stupid! lol

njr007
njr007 
Queen
njr007
In response to Tracy F

Good morning!

Looks like we will be seeing halloween stuff soon! I have started a mini halloween. Hope to scrap today, but have lots of things to do first.

Have a good one

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
jci.

seems like good business for Cricut to do that....I just don't want to go digi. I fear they will stop supporting my Gypsy.

Almost done with my first layout of the month.

I don't think you have to worry. I was snooping around their site when I bought it. It seems like they've have this craft room for awhile. You can link the cartridges you own if you like to work on the computer then cut. They also offer a couple freebies, I think monthly. I'm like you, I would never want to go fully digi.

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
  • NMscrapper Said:
Therapy By NMscrapper

Here's my first one. Used Basic Shapes for the hexagons and hex shadows.

Was wondering if you were meaning George Basic shapes for the hexies, cause I don't see it on there? I had always wondered if I had a cart that had hexies on it, but didn't think I did.
Is there more than 1 basic shapes cart?

Nope, not George! That's what I thought too, but there's only the octagon shape there. I was in CCR when I found that out, so I searched "hexagon" and only found two. One is on My Quiet Book, and the other is on the Cricut Font and Basic Shapes cart that I understand is included with new Cricuts. I bought a reconditioned one because I didn't know if I'd use it that much, so I didn't get that cart. Had to buy it digi on CCR, ugh!

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper

I can't see them phasing out the Gypsy anytime soon, since according to them cartridges linked to a Gypsy can't be linked to CCR. You can do it the other way around (CCR first then Gypsy) though.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

They are suppose to be working on getting us up and running with the Gypsy and CCR ( with carts already linked to a G) and they actually had the update out for a very brief time, but then found there were some issues and pulled it. I didn't get in on it, that's what I'm holding out for, I DO NOT like having to insert all the different carts. I do like the program, although I feel it runs a bit slow, but won't use it regularly till it recognizes my Gypsy.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to ChansGram

The Winter Wonderland has a hexie on it. I did a layout last month using it.

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to Anna C

Thanks Anna, CCR didn't show me that one.

renaylucy
Veteran
renaylucy
In response to njr007

Count me in.

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to renaylucy

Another Halloween card with the twist of a moon. I used a childs year for the witch.

Happy Haunting By Tracy F

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to Tracy F

• Tracy F Said:
I had a big scare last nite with my gypsy! I was all ready to cut and when I plugged the gypsy into my cricut I got a message on the gypsy that said I wasn't connected to my cricut. I tried unplugging it several times and even shut it down but still kept getting the same message. I was in a panic....I don't think I can scrap without my gypsy! Then I glanced at my cricut....it wasn't turned on! Talk about feeling stupid! lol

LOL. my husband works in IT....he says all the time that we would be rich if he had a dollar for every ticket that was put in and the solution was to turn on the computer(or plug it in) LOLOLOL

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to denielle.c.podraza

Thanks Anna, I have that cart too!
See, this is another reason why this is a great thread!

I cut hexies today because I am bound and determined to do a LO using them and just couldn't seem to get a flow going with them?? I think I've only done 1 LO with hexies and it was a lift.
It seemed I either had too many or not enough! I kept putting them on and then taking them off. But I do have something started!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to ChansGram

acu!

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
Thanks Anna, I have that cart too!
See, this is another reason why this is a great thread!

I cut hexies today because I am bound and determined to do a LO using them and just couldn't seem to get a flow going with them?? I think I've only done 1 LO with hexies and it was a lift.
It seemed I either had too many or not enough! I kept putting them on and then taking them off. But I do have something started!

Since you mentioned trying to place them, I have to tell you the rest of the story about finding hexagons! I found what I thought were hexies on the George cart and happily cut all the pieces I needed, but when I tried to place them I couldn't get them to fit no matter what I did! I hate to admit how long I struggled with those little pieces before it dawned on me that they had eight sides, LOL!!

Anyone know what to do with a pile of leftover octagons???!!!

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to Tracy F

• Tracy F Said:

That sounds like something I would do!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to klweist

Good morning!

Trish, it took me many attempts to get a grouping that I liked. And even then it was nothing spectactular by any means. I arranged and rearranged so many times and finally I said enough is enough. It is what it is. I didn't have a pattern and wasn't referring to a lift since it was for my DT submission.

Carol, oh I so relate to comment about the octagons. I did the exact same thing!

And I do have my first project ready. Just waiting for some sunshine to get a decent photo.
And my second project is in the works.

Have a great day ladies!

Page 3 of 17 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics